• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

shira

Holy crap this new nemezis CW really pop.

adidas-nemeziz-ocean-storm-3.jpg
The need a bacon strips colorway

Just got these guys (Mariah Flyknit) and I'm in love with them:

I know the original Flyknit Racers are better but I just didn't like the feel when I tried them on. This just felt better and looked a little better (multicolor with more of a blue tint with the racers vs. more of a neon light green/yellow tint with the Mariahs).

Unrelated, prior to these, I got the Flyknit Free Train Force as my workout shoes and although the heel is fucking ridiculous (too stiff and requires a bit of break in to prevent heel blisters), it still performs amazingly once you get over these hurdles. Plus the Oreo-ish colourway looks really nice.

s-l300.jpg

Though I am looking for Adidas, and I hear a lot of hype for the Ultra Boost, how does it feel to those who got them?

Oxn

Just got these guys (Mariah Flyknit) and I'm in love with them:

I know the original Flyknit Racers are better but I just didn't like the feel when I tried them on. This just felt better and looked a little better (multicolor with more of a blue tint with the racers vs. more of a neon light green/yellow tint with the Mariahs).

Though I am looking for Adidas, and I hear a lot of hype for the Ultra Boost, how does it feel to those who got them?

I got the Uncaged version last week. I thought the Primeknit was a little snug while going TTS, but after 1 week it fits and feel perfect.

I wasnt a boost believer, now i am.

I can't imagine getting anything not boost anymore. I already planned out my purchases for the remainder of the year. They are

Ultraboost Triple Grey
EQT 93/17 in Cream
EQT 93/17 in triple Black.

Granted i can even get them when it drops.

I got the Uncaged version last week. I thought the Primeknit was a little snug while going TTS, but after 1 week it fits and feel perfect.

I wasnt a boost believer, now i am.

I can't imagine getting anything not boost anymore. I already planned out my purchases for the remainder of the year. They are

Ultraboost Triple Grey
EQT 93/17 in Cream
EQT 93/17 in triple Black.

Granted i can even get them when it drops.

Would you say Ultra Boost + Primeknit can handle performance on top of the casual/lifestyle look it has?

Oxn

Tiger camos killed the hazel sales imo.

They're too similar and dropped way too close to one another imo.

Should have dropped the khaki ones after the triple whites

I also think this one is the first widely available one also. I never seen the other colors on other major retailers

Would you say Ultra Boost + Primeknit can handle performance on top of the casual/lifestyle look it has?

I believe so. Maybe not if you are like a track and field star.

Oxn

laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif

I wish. I should check them out then. The biggest problem with runners for me has always been comfort, so the fact that there's a lot of hype around UBs for comfort is interesting.

Now would be a good time. Finishline got 20% of the Uncaged version. I know that version is not hyped like the normal version, but they are pretty much identical.

I didnt think i would like uncaged as much as i did, but i prefer the look of it over the normal version now.

EDIT:

adidas-iniki-boost-goldenrod-BY9733-2.jpg

Oh baby!!!

Even with casual use, Boost will retain the comfort but if you're looking for response, it will deteriorate. Was using a pair of UB 2.0s casually and in less than half a year, the sole cracked and the Boost split where the crack is.

I mostly used the shoe for work and a handful of workouts in them (light lifting, mostly cardio/strides/sprints/intervals) when I forgot my usual shoes. I do use them now more for workouts than regular use due to basically destroying them faster than I thought I could.

In other news, no new shoes for a while thanks to this:
IMG_2459_zpshm9c0vl8.jpg

acohrs

Boost is the best tech for lifestyle use and most comfortable straight out of the box IMO. Working out, I prefer using other shoes like Chuck Taylors or air maxes. But for office and everyday wear, it's nearly always some kind of boost shoe, bar my new vapormax and orange box sb dunk low

shira

Boost is the best tech for lifestyle use and most comfortable straight out of the box IMO. Working out, I prefer using other shoes like Chuck Taylors or air maxes. But for office and everyday wear, it's nearly always some kind of boost shoe, bar my new vapormax and orange box sb dunk low

mMVyF7W.jpg

That canvas material with 1950's toebox is not forgiving. You need to be able to spread your toes - which is one of the major advantages of primeknit.

It's also crazy that someone like Kanye had the genius idea for a doublewide toebox on his yeezys when the entire industry is still making pointy toed athletic footwear

acohrs

mMVyF7W.jpg

That canvas material with 1950's toebox is not forgiving. You need to be able to spread your toes - which is one of the major advantages of primeknit.

It's also crazy that someone like Kanye had the genius idea for a doublewide toebox on his yeezys when the entire industry is still making pointy toed athletic footwear

that's what makes chuck taylors so good for weight lifting, but terrible for casual, daily use

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Had to choose between these X-PLR and Yohji Yamamoto Y3s but ultimately couldn't live with the huge Y3 logo on the heel.

Z5r4xq0.jpg

These are incredibly hard to keep clean.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I will definitely have to try on these laceless abominations Monday.
The lack of 3M is not good tho

I'm surprised you not a yeezy man

I'm 100% a Yeezy fan, but I won't spend that much on sneakers. Wife just got some Ultra Boosts, and I am kinda jealous. I recently picked up these Tubulars though for like $50 on Amazon, from a European store.

zIJaQs3.jpg

I'm 100% a Yeezy fan, but I won't spend that much on sneakers. Wife just got some Ultra Boosts, and I am kinda jealous. I recently picked up these Tubulars though for like $50 on Amazon, from a European store.

zIJaQs3.jpg
Definitely get an Ultra Boost or a different adidas shoe with Boost for yourself, Stinkles. So comfy!

Those tubulars are pretty rad too, though.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I got a few pairs of those Tubular X and a dozen Tubular models but then I got Boosts and what a difference. I do like my Y3 Qasa but I don't find them very comfy.

Funny enough yesterday I watched Doctor Strange and I noticed he has them on during a scene early in the film during an operation.

Have you tried any of the Pure Boost models Stinkles? Very comfy and can be found quite cheap.

Oxn

Anywhere to buy Ultraboost insoles?

If i buy a Pureboost, i would want to put one in.

If not, what are some of the best insoles i can buy? I only go for the best.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anywhere to buy Ultraboost insoles?

If i buy a Pureboost, i would want to put one in.

If not, what are some of the best insoles i can buy? I only go for the best.

I've been looking these past few days but no luck. The Pureboosts with the UB insoles are really nice. Let us know if you find a seller

Radec

Nmd is killing my feet without insoles, so i bought a cheapo in some japanese store. Now my feet is under a smooth boost.

The insole is a generic one that you need to cut first to fit.

They are actually a dark green. Someone over at NT grabbed a pair.

There is something very appealing about the 4% to rock casually
Seems to be divisive as to whether it can be worn casually. Some have said the plate inside the shoe it too stiff and that the rocker motion sorta prevents it being comfortable for walking. But then I've seen some say they've been wearing them casually and they are the most comfortable sneakers they've worn.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Don't think they'll look good casual, also saw on Reddit they aren't that comfy for walking but feel great for running.

dmshaposv

The vaporfly 4% is the real boost competitor in my eyes.
I'm trying to get my hands on the blue pair.

Its a stylish looking shoe with the Zoom X midsole/carbon plate tech being legit new. A lot of people
have said it an easy shoe to break into and comfy, unlike vapormax (Vapormax also looks hideous btw).

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
'Light Pumice' AM97s look really nice.

Tried on the cobblestone 97s today, nice shoe but I'm not as into any of these colorways as I want to be. Gonna have to see the pumice and beige/pink ones in person before deciding. The white OGs that just re-released yesterday are too basic and plain, and of course I only found out about the 'summer scales' (the perfect balance of texture and color lightness for my tastes) after they sold out. lol @ paying $200+ for a pair of Nikes on resale

Top Bottom