• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

hwalker84

So I'm down to three choices for adidas sneakers (been a long time since I owned one of my favourite classics, ZX55 in the original black and white colourways in high school), was wondering which one would be best for comfort (and I guess by extension, how well the boost feels) and style.

So far I'm leaning closer to the Harden with NMD R2 and Uncaged laceless being very close.

Basically goes from the bottom up in your pictures for comfort.

Oxn

So I'm down to three choices for adidas sneakers (been a long time since I owned one of my favourite classics, ZX55 in the original black and white colourways in high school), was wondering which one would be best for comfort (and I guess by extension, how well the boost feels) and style.

So far I'm leaning closer to the Harden with NMD R2 and Uncaged laceless being very close.

Why consider the laceless? Its the worst looking ultraboost.

Might as well get a uncaged and just not lace it. Still looks better

Speaking of bred...

vYxTVm3.png
https://twitter.com/J23app/status/895038268026257416

Good luck y'all...

Why consider the laceless? Its the worst looking ultraboost.

Might as well get a uncaged and just not lace it. Still looks better

It looks bad? Idk, I saw it in person today and thought it was pretty cool. I do worry about laceless since it seemed pretty tight in the lace area, which might be difficult to put on.

Knowing SNKRS app and how shit it is, it's better to have a pair in hand already than to go through the pain of using SNKRS.

Yeah, I was just about to say this. Downloaded the app last night and it's terrible already: I can only imagine how much more awful it gets when these 1s get rereleased. I hope that we can purchase these on the nike website.

Wait, wtf, the royals were restocked too? I see the option to buy but I don't want these, I just bought them!

Ah well I needed to save money anyway so this L doesn't hurt too much.

Fjordson

Spinning wheel ---> sold out for Breds and Royals. Fuck!

SNKRS was really reliable for me when it first launched, seems like it's gotten way worse.

Acrylic7

snkrs app was absolute shit. Error screens everywhere and it even made me type in my address info even though I clearly have it saved in my account.
I was there 1pm on the dot.
L
L
L
L

I'm kinda mad I missed the restock, but apparently the SNKRS app was a clusterfuck?

Yes a massive clusterfuck. Imagine every sneakerhead and bots trying to buy something from a janky ass app and website.

Came so close. Went to east side Toronto to grab some Ultra Boosts, but they only have the white colourway (and I'm certain that it would've been smaller sizes). It's getting a bit frustrating, especially considering Nike does pretty well with restocking some of the Flyknit Racers or Mariahs. I just prefer the overall look and the primeknit material in the current UB model. If worst comes to worst, I might just wait until the 4.0 drops sometime this year according to rumours.

Yes a massive clusterfuck. Imagine every sneakerhead and bots trying to buy something from a janky ass app and website.

Yea it was shit. Stock was extremely low and the app was buggy as hell. Pretty sure bots ate whatever was there because the Nike.com pages for the shoes went up too. App users didn't stand a chance.

Eeesh. But I probably shouldn't be surprised - the SNKRS app nearly fucked me out of the Black Sheep SBs (and did fuck me out of the ASG 1s).

Saw the Blue Tint 350s pics and I'm actually bummed by the color as it's really just faintly blue but still pretty much just a grey Yeezy.

On the other hand, the Semi-Frozen Yellows actually look colorful.

Probably just gonna try for the Beluga 2.0s instead.

Saw the Blue Tint 350s pics and I'm actually bummed by the color as it's really just faintly blue but still pretty much just a grey Yeezy.

On the other hand, the Semi-Frozen Yellows actually look colorful.

Probably just gonna try for the Beluga 2.0s instead.

I'll take 3 L's please

Oxn

I know UA isnt hyped around here, but i wanted a daily driver to not wear out my Ultraboost, and i just picked these up for a rediculously good price.

3773695-p-4x.jpg

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Happy with the color tone on these; more beige than metallic, and any sheen just comes from the reflective 3M material. Also liking how the laces are practically made to go inside the shoe rather than tie on top, which uglies up the lines and profile.

Copped the NMD Triple Black japan release.

Not sure if I'll resell or hold onto them as an early birthday present to myself yet, or give them to my younger brother as a University gift. Will see when they arrive.

NyoRx

Woo. Also pulled the W on the trip black japan's. Probably gonna be my last shoe for a while.. or at least until i find a job.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I love the black SF AF-1 mids. One of my favourite sneaker purchases.

I think I'm gonna hunt down the highs one of these days.

Top Bottom