• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

Keylow415

Unless YM is trolling...

this is your Yeezy Boost 700

DHD6i1OXsAEjF7D.jpg

Yeezy Supply exclusive

It's going to be hilarious when I see hella people wearing these ugly ass things lol

acohrs

Tried on my first pair of Jordan 5s, for more than the price of vapormax or ultra boost, I was expecting more. They look great but don't feel great. Think I will stick to dunks for that nostalgia look

QC on the japans doesn't seem great. Some dodgey glue work on my pair which were just delivered.

Only noticeable on close inspection, looks clean AF otherwise. Tempted to keep.

Royals restocking in the UK next week. Tempted.

acohrs

QC on the japans doesn't seem great. Some dodgey glue work on my pair which were just delivered.

all the black boost soles I've seen have had terrible QC, returned the PB ltd triple black because of that.

suplex

Tried on my first pair of Jordan 5s, for more than the price of vapormax or ultra boost, I was expecting more. They look great but don't feel great. Think I will stick to dunks for that nostalgia look

I mean, it's near 30 year old technology, but yea they're overpriced. Luckily these days Nike seems to be overproducing things, so it's easy to hold out and get retros for closer to $100-$120.

I mean, it's near 30 year old technology, but yea they're overpriced. Luckily these days Nike seems to be overproducing things, so it's easy to hold out and get retros for closer to $100-$120.

*It's easy to get retros nobody wants.

The true OG CWs still all sell out almost immediately.

Ashhong

Feel like it's all boosts. My multicolor UB3 have some dodgy glue work on the plastic towards the heel.

Anybody interested in buying lightly worn J Crew Killshots? Wore them like twice but they're too big...Size 9

see5harp

Feel like it's all boosts. My multicolor UB3 have some dodgy glue work on the plastic towards the heel.

Anybody interested in buying lightly worn J Crew Killshots? Wore them like twice but they're too big...Size 9

Damn I want those but I have a pair of the Iniki' s in essentially the same colorway. Do they run big? I generally wear a 9.5 in Nike.

Ashhong

Damn I want those but I have a pair of the Iniki' s in essentially the same colorway. Do they run big? I generally wear a 9.5 in Nike.

Yea I would say so, although they're pretty narrow. I usually wear 9 in practically everything but I definitely need at least 8.5 here.

suplex

*It's easy to get retros nobody wants.

The true OG CWs still all sell out almost immediately.

TB3s didn't sell out anywhere near immediately. They even made it to discount. I'm sure there's other OG pairs of models I don't care at all about that sat too.

There's still some nice retro+ colorways too. Overpriced at $190, great at $120. Doesn't really matter if the hypebeasts want them or not.

And it used to be just about everything sold out pretty fast. Maybe not instantly but Jordan retros very rarely sat long enough to be put on discount. Especially for the most popular models.

It's a combination of price being too high and Nike making way more stock.

Now the OG 1s, those still go immediately.

TB3s didn't sell out anywhere near immediately. They even made it to discount. I'm sure there's other OG pairs of models I don't care at all about that sat too.

There's still some nice retro+ colorways too. Overpriced at $190, great at $120. Doesn't really matter if the hypebeasts want them or not.

And it used to be just about everything sold out pretty fast. Maybe not instantly but Jordan retros very rarely sat long enough to be put on discount. Especially for the most popular models.

It's a combination of price being too high and Nike making way more stock.

Now the OG 1s, those still go immediately.

True Blue 3s is the only example I can think of that supports your point. That seemed to be a quality issue AFAIK, the leather was bad, glue job was bad, and the elephant print was so bad that pairs in the same box had completely different print patterns on them.

If you can think of other true OG CWs that didn't sell out ASAP, feel free to prove me wrong, but I cannot think of any right now even in the last year+.

I'd say it's a combination of price being too high + non OG CWs / remixed OG CWs that people don't necessarily want / are hyped for.

suplex

I don't know enough about the later models, but I coulda swore there were a few OGs in the 13-15 range that sat. Didn't the maroon 6s sit a bit too? I could be wrong, my memory sucks.

Regardless even retro+ colorways never used to sit like this, even the ugly ass ones haha. Stuff like the joker 3s (which I own and like, but isn't an overall liked colorway) were gone instantly.

I'm curious to see what happens with the black cement 3s next year. I'm assuming they'll be $220 and if they continue with making a shitload of pairs I wonder how fast they'll sell out. Who am I kidding, probably still instantly haha.

The Banned Jordan 1 Flyknit

When the Air Jordan 1 was introduced in 1985 it utilized the era's best materials and technologies. While basketball footwear has continued to evolve, Jordan's first silhouette remains central to sneaker culture, and over the decades has proven capacity to stand out when dripped in a variety of upper applications (Patent leather, satin, Flyweave, etc.). Now, Jordan Brand honors MJ's timeless debut sneaker with an updated makeup featuring one of today's premiere materials, Nike Flyknit.

In order to properly honor the Air Jordan 1 heritage, premium leather details are featured throughout, including the Swoosh, Wings logo, and Nike Air branded tongue and insole. A graphic reading ”19852017" is printed on the inner collar to honor the original Air Jordan 1 release year and launch of the Air Jordan 1 Retro Hi Flyknit respectively. Additionally, a Zoom Air unit has been added in the heel.

Rumored price is $180.

acohrs

You say that but today I tried on some even older shoes that really impressed me. Air force 1s (admittedly 09 versions)! Blew the sb dunks I was wearing out of the water in responsiveness and comfort. Definitely want to add a pair to the collection now!

LosDaddie

Banned
True Blue 3s is the only example I can think of that supports your point. That seemed to be a quality issue AFAIK, the leather was bad, glue job was bad, and the elephant print was so bad that pairs in the same box had completely different print patterns on them.

If you can think of other true OG CWs that didn't sell out ASAP, feel free to prove me wrong, but I cannot think of any right now even in the last year+.

I'd say it's a combination of price being too high + non OG CWs / remixed OG CWs that people don't necessarily want / are hyped for.

I don't know enough about the later models, but I coulda swore there were a few OGs in the 13-15 range that sat. Didn't the maroon 6s sit a bit too? I could be wrong, my memory sucks.

Regardless even retro+ colorways never used to sit like this, even the ugly ass ones haha. Stuff like the joker 3s (which I own and like, but isn't an overall liked colorway) were gone instantly.

I'm curious to see what happens with the black cement 3s next year. I'm assuming they'll be $220 and if they continue with making a shitload of pairs I wonder how fast they'll sell out. Who am I kidding, probably still instantly haha.

Well, we have the Bred AJ13s releasing this weekend to use as another data point. The Bred colorway has always been popular.

Personally, if I can't cop 2 pairs of these Breds on Saturday, then I'm going to pass on these shoes. I'm not a huge fan of the AJ13 in the first place. So if I can't use the second pair to offset (at least half of) the $200 cost of the first pair, then it's an easy pass. #SorryNotSorry

I just got done doing the raffles at my local Finish Line and Foot Locker. Both said hype has been average so far.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah I need to cop me one of those. I saw that they're doing a maroon one but I don't like that colorway.

Also can someone explain to me why the mars yard is so hyped? It looks alright I guess.

Well tech has come a long way from retros. Hardly any of them are going to be comfy lol

People are sleeping on the high and low cut AF1 Flyknits. I tried out the multicoloured one and was amazed with how comfortable and stylish they were. Ofc this is the OG banned Jordan colourway so I expect it to be sold out regardless.

They'll sit for a while. OG sneakerheads hate changes on their sacred models.

Ashhong

Really underestimated the size of these NMDs. Went half size down and they are still pretty loose, I could go another half. Anybody know where I can look for someone to trade triple black JPN NMD? Have 8.5 and need 8. Worst case I return or keep them. It's not that bad..

Had to choose between these X-PLR and Yohji Yamamoto Y3s but ultimately couldn't live with the huge Y3 logo on the heel.

Z5r4xq0.jpg

These are incredibly hard to keep clean.

Great substitution. I love some Y-3 stuff but hate some of their other offerings and also because of those giant Y-3 logos as well. Nice with the tubular selection too, I feel like Tubulars don't get as much love and I never understood why.

Damn, when did Y3 put sneakers up for 50% off?

Gutted I missed out on white pairs.

Some all black sneakers available for £125, very tempted.

They have sales on random shoes every now and then to clear off inventory and make way for new seasons. They always sell out on my size(s) though.

NMD R1 japan tb's get.

Bless this day.
The white's look great but I agree the blacks looked fantastic. I went to the Toronto Adidas on the reopening during my lunch break and was about to get the blacks but changed my mind while I was trying them on and noticed some other R1s on the shelf that I ended up getting instead.

I'm kind of glad that I didn't get the R1 Japans though cause I already found out 3 of my friends who own them and have seen 2 other random people who own them over the past few days(I guess that comes with living in Markham).

Oxn

Really underestimated the size of these NMDs. Went half size down and they are still pretty loose, I could go another half. Anybody know where I can look for someone to trade triple black JPN NMD? Have 8.5 and need 8. Worst case I return or keep them. It's not that bad..

Nmds come insoleless right? If so, maybe add one.

shira

Add insole? Wool socks lul

Antiwhippy

Y-3 goes on sale every season end man.

Nice thing about boutique brands is that they don't play that limited quantities bullshit. :p

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Quick look at new Tubular X 2.0. I had my originals on yesterday and man the tubular sole killed my foot. Shame they don't feature a bit of boost sole like they did with the some of the Invader models.

Oxn

I've never bought insoles in my life. That helps when the shoe is too big and there's space behind your foot?

Any recommendations on insole?

Believe it or not an insole can decrease the inner length of a shoe. By pushing your feet higher, it gives less room in the toe box area for your foot to push forward cause it becomes tighter upfront. it can even do the same in the heel area if the heel area is arched like a Yeezy for example. The lowest part is the longest part.

As for what insole to buy, i don't really know. But i suggest buying a thinnish one.

Ive bought thickest ones before and it just feels weird. Like because of less room in the heel area, the heel becomes more likely to pop out.

But yea should get one regardless since NMDs dont have insoles.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I've never bought insoles in my life. That helps when the shoe is too big and there's space behind your foot?

Any recommendations on insole?

Used to buy junk like Dr. Scholl's (seriously, don't waste your money ever) but then found Sof Soles on Amazon. I've gotten numerous pair for most of my shoes and they're great, very comfortable and don't wear out quickly at all.

Used to buy junk like Dr. Scholl's (seriously, don't waste your money ever) but then found Sof Soles on Amazon. I've gotten numerous pair for most of my shoes and they're great, very comfortable and don't wear out quickly at all.

What I have in a couple shoes.

size 11-12
The Athlete are 2.4 oz per
The Airr are 3.2 oz per

Antiwhippy

You guys wanna pay $1000 for some NMDs?

I seriously have no idea how hender scheme does business. I do leatherwork myself and like well crafted leather shoes and I have no idea how they can charge this much.

Top Bottom