• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

Oxn

Putting in my bids on stockx. This color really grabs me and i dont see an upcoming color that will do so

Nike-Air-VaporMax-Midnight-Fog-03.png

Bummed that so many shoes I want seem to be in the states only. I wanted to grab one of those Puma solar eclipse shoes but don't see them on any Canadian stores websites.

Footlocker.ca is fucking dumb. Let me explain in 3 tiers.

Tier 1 - Sneaker you want is on the site, size is greyed out. Can't add it to cart. Oh well.

Tier 2 - Size isn't greyed out. So I add it to cart! Checkout... "Sorry the item you've selected is unavailable". Ok thanks then why isn't it fucking greyed out you fucker.

Tier 3 - Size isn't greyed out. So I add it to cart! Checkout... hey it's a success! Surprised I got that NMD.

FUCKING 3 DAYS LATER I GET AN EMAIL TELLING ME THEY WERE SOLD OUT MY ORDER IS CANCELLED

like what the actual fuck is that

I hope I don't get screwed over then.

Man what is making the Ultraboost ATR mids cost $240. $60 over a ultraboost.

Stupid tbh. That extra fabric is not worth an extra 60.

Congrats!

Is it done randomly? Because I have to wait until Saturday to try to get my pair.

It is random. I bought a pair Thursday. Besides the Space Jam and the Black Toe (which I missed the reservation window), I hardly ever get a reservation I want lol.

I like the ease of the new Footlocker and Co reservation system. I came up on Bred XIII pair on Foot Locker and Foot Action. The only sucky thing is you have to reserve the pair right after the countdown window expires or else you lose your reservation.

Reckoner

Putting in my bids on stockx. This color really grabs me and i dont see an upcoming color that will do so

Good taste. Those look very dope, as all the NikeLab cws so far. I'm debating myself if I order those, the cool greys or the triple blacks.

btw, I remember you have a pair. What do you say about sizing on these? I'm a 10.5 on Flyknit Racers and 10 on Air Jordan 1 and Air Max 1 for reference.

btw, I remember you have a pair. What do you say about sizing on these? I'm a 10.5 on Flyknit Racers and 10 on Air Jordan 1 and Air Max 1 for reference.
You might be able to get away with a 10. They are wide in the forefoot but slightly tight in the mid foot. If it's possible I'd say try them on.

Reckoner

You might be able to get away with a 10. They are wide in the forefoot but slightly tight in the mid foot. If it's possible I'd say try them on.
I just tried for the Triple Black Vapormax that just released and, while it has all the sizes available, it gives me an error every time I try to checkout.

I have such bad luck with Nike SNEAKRS.

OG Kush

So I've tried on NMDs a couple of times and never experienced the so called amazing comfort everyone raves about. I mean they're not bad but no way ultra boost levels. But I've started to like the look more and more so I researched into what are the differences between R1 and R2 and according to this this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4njN8nei8tI
There's a reason NMD isn't as comfy as it may look due to the way the plugs are. However, it seems they've changed this in R2 which are meant to be more more comfier as you can feel the boost more and they've also increased the size of the boost sole.

Can anyone confirm R2 is much comfier than R1? I do want a more comfier shoe, but I just think R1 visually looks better than R2. Decisions... Decisions...

I just tried for the Triple Black Vapormax that just released and, while it has all the sizes available, it gives me an error every time I try to checkout.

I have such bad luck with Nike SNEAKRS.
I hesitated on them as well lol. I didn’t really want to drop down £170 on them but thought, if they sit for a little bit I’ll get them, checked a couple hours later and they’re gone.

Edit: actually showing them as in stock in all sizes now...weird.

Oxn

Did you get TTS?

Edit: hmmm i may need to rethink my purchase if a new model is coming out. I like this one more. Got a heel tab, heel counter, smaller hard swoosh. Dont like this color but my mind is running wild.

nike-vapormax-white-blue-mid-model-1.jpg

Oxn

Nike-Air-VaporMax-Midnight-Fog-03.png

Woot i won for well under retail price. I went tts, so i hope i dont regret it. I got narrow feet so i think i should be ok. Does it stretch out like pk? My uncaged were tts and it stretched out to perfection.

Reckoner

I hesitated on them as well lol. I didn’t really want to drop down £170 on them but thought, if they sit for a little bit I’ll get them, checked a couple hours later and they’re gone.

Edit: actually showing them as in stock in all sizes now...weird.
It updated now and almost all sizes are gone. Did you manage to get a pair?

I was all excited about getting the triple black pair :(

So I've tried on NMDs a couple of times and never experienced the so called amazing comfort everyone raves about. I mean they're not bad but no way ultra boost levels. But I've started to like the look more and more so I researched into what are the differences between R1 and R2 and according to this this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4njN8nei8tI
There's a reason NMD isn't as comfy as it may look due to the way the plugs are. However, it seems they've changed this in R2 which are meant to be more more comfier as you can feel the boost more and they've also increased the size of the boost sole.

Can anyone confirm R2 is much comfier than R1? I do want a more comfier shoe, but I just think R1 visually looks better than R2. Decisions... Decisions...

R2s are comfier than R1s but the bigger rear plug in the R2 may/may not dig into your arch so if you have wide feet, this could be a deal breaker.

I have normal feet and while I love my R2s, the plug just digs into my arch that I start to feel it after walking around for a while. Have zero issues walking around in my R1s though.

It updates now and almost all sizes are gone. Did you managed to get a pair?

I was getting all excited about getting the triple black pair :(
Nah I went back to get them later on and my size was gone. Not too bothered anyway, think there is supposed to be another Triple Black CW hitting before the end of the year.

bedlamite

Here's an ugly truth no NMD fan wants to accept: they ain't all that comfortable. Doesn't matter if it's the R2 with extra Boost, they just aren't worth the hype (well with the exception of PK pairs). I'm not even comparing them to Ultraboosts, I'd take something like a Gel Lyte 5 over NMDs any day. NMDs would feel a lot better if Adidas would just throw a damn insole into their sneakers, I've never ever seen a shoe company cheap out on something so essential and I don't know why people seem to be OK about this.

Woot i won for well under retail price. I went tts, so i hope i dont regret it. I got narrow feet so i think i should be ok. Does it stretch out like pk? My uncaged were tts and it stretched out to perfection.
As long as you don't have wide feet, staying TTS should be fine. I just unDSed my pair of Vapormaxes and the Flyknit is a little stretchy. The midsole feels...unusual but lots of Youtube reviews have mentioned VMs need some break-in time so we'll see how these go

Reckoner

Nah I went back to get them later on and my size was gone. Not too bothered anyway, think there is supposed to be another Triple Black CW hitting before the end of the year.

A new one or one of the previous two?

These new Flyknit Trainer cws also coming out are so dope. Will have a hard time choosing only one or two. Sunsets are so dope.

Oxn

Here's an ugly truth no NMD fan wants to accept: they ain't all that comfortable. Doesn't matter if it's the R2 with extra Boost, they just aren't worth the hype (well with the exception of PK pairs). I'm not even comparing them to Ultraboosts, I'd take something like a Gel Lyte 5 over NMDs any day. NMDs would feel a lot better if Adidas would just throw a damn insole into their sneakers, I've never ever seen a shoe company cheap out on something so essential and I don't know why people seem to be OK about this.

As long as you don't have wide feet, staying TTS should be fine. I just unDSed my pair of Vapormaxes and the Flyknit is a little stretchy. The midsole feels...unusual but lots of Youtube reviews have mentioned VMs need some break-in time so we'll see how these go

what does unDSed mean?

Oxn

un-DeadStocked, I'm assuming.

Ah that makes sense. I thought he was trying to say un-desoled his VM, which to me wasnt making sense.

Anyways summers coming to a close, and i want my pair to rock ASAP. Not sure how i can make it work with long pants yet. I don't pin my pants, and i dont have any cropped pants. I do have quite a few joggers though.

Ive seen some guy in the streets wearing it with cropped pants and it looked pretty hot.

Has anyone purchased from footlocker.ca? How reliable are they? I have a sneaky suspicion that my order is gonna get cancelled bc of the high demand of Ultra Boosts over here (hopefully they immediately refund so my credit card can just deduct the balance). At the same time, I'm seeing sizes disappear, so fingers crossed that I'm one of those Ws.

Sch1sm

Has anyone purchased from footlocker.ca? How reliable are they? I have a sneaky suspicion that my order is gonna get cancelled bc of the high demand of Ultra Boosts over here (hopefully they immediately refund so my credit card can just deduct the balance). At the same time, I'm seeing sizes disappear, so fingers crossed that I'm one of those Ws.

I have, two different occasions this year alone. It's always been reliable for me.

Currently watching Viceland at the moment and they're showing an episode of "Nuts & Bolts", which is Tyler, the Creator's show. In this one, they're showing off how he came up with his Golf Le Fleur One Stars.

Pretty cool so far.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Markman posted the olive SFAF1 highs on his insta... Still jelly I missed this, lol.

I was SO happy I finally got a pair. They're much nicer in person and the bag they came with is surprisingly not just a giveaway piece. That reminds me...

recent pick-ups!

20901944_332098323908478_5988147969356988416_n.jpg

20686602_257095948141570_7719792192268533760_n.jpg

also got the university blue air more uptempos!

Oxn

Im so scared about the sizing on the Vapormax i ordered.

I went to the store today, saw a size 10 on the showroom floor, compared it to my size 8.5 Uncaged from heel cup to heel cup, and the length was the same......

I ordered an 8.5........ thats a 1.5 size difference. I order all my sneakers in 8.5 and there's still room left, and even sometimes an 8 if its a bulky sneaker. Why is the sizing on a 10 Vapormax, the same length as my 8.5 uncaged?

Ackkkk, this gonna be a stressful week until it gets here.

Reckoner

Im so scared about the sizing on the Vapormax i ordered.

I went to the store today, saw a size 10 on the showroom floor, compared it to my size 8.5 Uncaged from heel cup to heel cup, and the length was the same......

I ordered an 8.5........ thats a 1.5 size difference. I order all my sneakers in 8.5 and there's still room left, and even sometimes an 8 if its a bulky sneaker. Why is the sizing on a 10 Vapormax, the same length as my 8.5 uncaged?

Ackkkk, this gonna be a stressful week until it gets here.

Is the 8.5 your Adidas size?

Reckoner

Almost every sneaker i wear in 8.5. UA, Nike, Adidas.

Even converse i wear 8, pureboost 3.0, i wear 8. So its just perplexing to me why when i measure against my 8.5. A size 10 vapormax is the same length.

Don't worry, it is likely to fit you just right.

Looks like I took an L, Foot Locker cancelled my order due to lack of availability (kind of expected since it IS an ultra boost). Now I got a question since it's a credit card order and my funds got held, will they just refund that without me having to call?

Ashhong

Looks like I took an L, Foot Locker cancelled my order due to lack of availability (kind of expected since it IS an ultra boost). Now I got a question since it's a credit card order and my funds got held, will they just refund that without me having to call?

Credit card? The transaction likely never even fully posted since it never shipped. It should just fall off of your activity. Worst case you get a full refund automatically

Why are we seeing conflicting 4.0 pics? There was one not too long ago with a completely different looking upper. And that upper kind of creeps me out. There's that phobia of weird circles with holes and shit

Top Bottom