• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Pre-Order up on Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I managed to grab another one for a friend, yet for some reason it's not showing up in my order history. Fucking hell. I wonder if it's just screwed.

Yeah, weird. I got an email from PayPal but its not showing up in my order history. Maybe just gotta wait.

Silvawuff

It charged my card the full amount, sooooo...yeah. No confirmation email or order history either.

Guess we have to wait and see!

inner-G

Banned
Everything about online orders at Walmart takes forever. It'll probably just take a while to shake out since they got hit so hard on the site

Order went through, received a confirmation e-mail, and the order is showing on my account.

However, with the product page no longer existing, one of two things happened:

- Wal-Mart fucked up. Again

- Wal-Mart created this temporary page to combat bots that were eyeing the original listing.

samred

I got an order in with a confirmation number, and Wal-Mart charged me $79.99 plus tax, but my wal-mart account page doesn't show any proof of an order just yet. hmm.

ASaiyan

Banned
Pro-tip, it took a long time for my order to show up in history and receive a confirmation email. I might have actually bought a second one while worrying that it didn't go through, lol.

When I clicked on the link, it showed 2 in there (one from July), it will deny that one! You have to back out and go back in again. Then it will allow you to ship it on oct 9th

Iacobellis

Was able to get my order in, but it doesn't show up in my order history nor have I received a confirmation email.

This is feeling pretty sus.

Chesskid1

Banned
I ordered two on accident because I saw cancelled in my order history without checking the date.

2 ordered.
Not in order history, no email, but my card was charged. Been like this past 10 minutes.

For anyone saying it's not showing in history and no email, be chill. It will, as long as you completed the order and saw the screen with the order number.

The amount of tinfoil hat-tage that Nintendo and Walmart have created over this whole thing is kind of legendary (and sad).

Peltz

Not showing up in order history, but I printed my order# after completed.

No email confirmation yet either. Think this may be an apology and a cancellation. :(

I have the same situation. Order # placed, but not in history and no confirmation email yet.

34c0bc0de73adacdb375aec9f14976db.jpg

I ended up creating a new account(forgot I had one) and ended up misspelling my email address(as I was fearing it'd go "out of stock" so to speak while entering my details) so no confirmation email

I'm not expecting to receive this though

fuck nintendo in how they're handling this

I have an order# and they already charged my credit card. But there is no confirmation e-mail and it's not showing in my order history yet. I'm hoping that the system is just lagging and everything worked.

Carlisle

Aw doesn't look like the 2nd one went through. No email or order history update like I got for the first one. Oh well, more than thrilled about the one. My bro can wait in line lol

Well, that's weird. Alternate listing name, no order history, disappearing page?

I wouldn't get your hopes up about this one, guys. Maybe. Hoping for the best for everyone.

Eh, put in 2 separate orders for 1 each. Took a few minutes but got confirmation emails for both and they're both in my account order history. We'll see what happens.

Got one of the original Walmart preorders miraculously. Put two more in just now for stocking stuffers. Charged for both, but no emails yet.

The page also said SNES Classic Edition (Universal)

Which makes me think the page was created to combat bots.

Let's wait and see.

Got one! Hopefully Walmart doesn't cancel. Want to celebrate but keeping my fingers crossed.

Got the order page and a confirmation email.

For anyone saying it's not showing in history and no email, be chill. It will, as long as you completed the order and saw the screen with the order number.

The amount of tinfoil hat-tage that Nintendo and Walmart have created over this whole thing is kind of legendary (and sad).
I didn't even get an order number, now I'm scared :(

For some reason that link doesn't work for me, it's just taking me to all of Walmart's consoles and I don't see the SNES anywhere.

SpikeDaPenguin

Neo Member
Hmmm I got one, nothing in orders page (except the past one they canceled on me), no confirmation email, but my credit card was charged. Now the page has disappeared. Sheesh... I should be jumping up and down from excitement but I'm stuck here being skeptical.

Don't fail me now Walmart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom