• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic sells 368,000 in 4 days in Japan

Why do people keep saying this? Can I buy every single SNES game from the SNES Classic?

Not even all SNES games, but can I buy the SNES VC games on the SNES Classic?

Because we don't have "VC games" on the Switch while Nintendo is making a huge profit with these mini-systems and leaving the eshop for third party releases.

Would love to be wrong, but I'm skeptical.

jts

...hate me...
Because we don't have "VC games" on the Switch while Nintendo is making a huge profit with these mini-systems and leaving the eshop for third party releases.

Would love to be wrong, but I'm skeptical.
These things are limited runs. After they are done with them, what's to lose by selling those games digitally too?

Instro

In Japan N64 was a big drop from the SNES, so would likely be less of a thing.

But in the US N64 sold basically the same as the SNES, it would still be massive.

Anecdotally the N64 nostalgia I've seen is deeper than SNES too, primarily due to local multiplayer.

Many of the games people want would not be available though.

jmizzal

In Japan N64 was a big drop from the SNES, so would likely be less of a thing.

But in the US N64 sold basically the same as the SNES, it would still be massive.

Anecdotally the N64 nostalgia I've seen is deeper than SNES too, primarily due to local multiplayer.

Thats prob why the GC catered back to the Japaneses market, cuz the N64 was starting to cater to the western market with the big shooters like Golden eye 64 and Perfect Dark, after that Nintendo just abandon them mostly and Xbox came in and took over.

Top Bottom