• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Mini in stock at Very UK

No surprises there. GAME are useless when it comes to stuff like this (and in most other situations as well). They are shitheels.

I have an email confirmation and an order number. Surely they have to either tell me my order has been cancelled due to low stock (I pre ordered on Monday night). They can't just remove an order, surely?

I have an email confirmation and an order number. Surely they have to either tell me my order has been cancelled due to low stock (I pre ordered on Monday night). They can't just remove an order, surely?

Sounds like they just did. I don't suppose they have broken any laws. You would expect some explanation as courtesy but they have proved time and time again that they do not care. Also their stock management system always seems to go wrong at times like these.

I'm not defending them, they are cunts and I'm sorry if it turns out they have cancelled your order.

Just got an email from Amazon UK. I placed a preorder one both listings due to being nervous one might get cancelled and had already offered to get the other one out to a GAFer at cost, but they have canceled one and left me with just the one preorder.

I'm honestly glad they're doing this to keep availability wider. I only had it as a precaution and because I'm in the US (DON'T SHOOT ME UK GAF!).

panda-zebra

Banned
Just got an email from Amazon UK. I placed a preorder one both listings due to being nervous one might get cancelled and had already offered to get the other one out to a GAFer at cost, but they have canceled one and left me with just the one preorder.

I'm honestly glad they're doing this to keep availability wider. I only had it as a precaution and because I'm in the US (DON'T SHOOT ME UK GAF!).

Did they cancel the more expensive one or the cheaper one?

On chat with Game now. Apparently it is on 'back order'. Fuck knows what that means. The fact it's not showing as an order on my account is worrying and now I've no idea if I should be trying elsewhere.

Sigh.

How many other people are going to be building emulator extraordinaires if they don't get a SNES Classic because of Nintendo's bungling?

I would prefer to buy a SNES Classic because I want one SO badly, but if Nintendo fucks this up I'm getting mine one way or another.

Yep probably.

Gutted.

My only hope is that Nintendo make a lot more than the NES mini and my 'backorder' sticks. What a mess.

Yeah it means that if they get more stock, you I'll be allocated one but they may not get more stock and even if they do I wouldn't trust them to honour that promise. Time to get back in the game.

Yeah it means that if they get more stock, you I'll be allocated one but they may not get more stock and even if they do I wouldn't trust them to honour that promise. Time to get back in the game.

giphy.gif

Footos22

Just bad or Very bad?

They are fine. Been an account holder for years. Never had any problems whatsoever. Had a broken telly sent this year they collected it the next day and my new one turned up a few hours later Buy all my consoles and that from them. They are usually normal prices unlike littlewoods.

Can pay back what you want. Never got charged interest in the last 8 years to be exact.

Prob one of the best companies I deal with regular

Audioboxer

90 days to go and every website is sold out of.. pre-orders (with no statements about more stock on the way).

Nintendo.

Audioboxer

Are you surprised?

Edit- yay no more junior status!

Not really, but the test for Nintendo claiming to always be "learning" from their stock issues is whether we actually go 90 full days with no new stock. That would be ridiculously embarrassing if Nintendos own website remains OOS the full time.

Koppai

Notice for people who ordered on Amazon UK

So remember how there were two different SKUs. Amazon just informed me that one was wrong and cancelled it. I had two ordered on two different skus. Just thought i would let people know. It was the first time they put them up for order that was cancelled.

Theonik

They are fine. Been an account holder for years. Never had any problems whatsoever. Had a broken telly sent this year they collected it the next day and my new one turned up a few hours later Buy all my consoles and that from them. They are usually normal prices unlike littlewoods.

Can pay back what you want. Never got charged interest in the last 8 years to be exact.

Prob one of the best companies I deal with regular
I just meant to make a joke about their name pay me no mind!
Already ordered mine off of Argos. Like with my NES Minis mostly really interested in the controllers.

Right. I had two orders of the second sku and now I only have one. Still, gives me some confidence that I might get that one. Much like last year, I guess I won't be giving out a Mini/Classic as a gift though.

bryanee

So remember how there were two different SKUs. Amazon just informed me that one was wrong and cancelled it. I had two ordered on two different skus. Just thought i would let people know. It was the first time they put them up for order that was cancelled.

Same. First more expensive pre-order cancelled but the second cheaper one is fine.

Cruixant

Come on now, really Amazon? =/

I was lucky to pre-order one from the first listing just in case I wasn't able get one from Spain, and unfortunately I wasn't. My order is still there, and I haven't received any notification from Amazon that there is a problem with stock availability, so hopefully this means they are just cancelling orders from people who had more than one... Maybe I should just contact them to see what's going on.

Come on now, really Amazon? =/

I was lucky to pre-order one from the first listing just in case I wasn't able get one from Spain, and unfortunately I wasn't. My order is still there, and I haven't received any notification from Amazon that there is a problem with stock availability, so hopefully this means they are just cancelling orders from people who had more than one... Maybe I should just contact them to see what's going on.

I am fine as well, ordered from first batch.

I guess they are cancelling on people that bought 2 or more SNEs

ToonLink

I was one of the people who pre-ordered on Amazon UK during the first wave. I was around when the second wave went up, but didn't want to take a pre-order away from someone else and just assumed Amazon would adjust the price.

Well, they haven't so far. But I complained to one of their customer service reps and they lowered the price for me to £69.99. They said it was an 'exception', though, so I wouldn't count on getting your price lowered unless you inquire about it.

pbsapeer

Banned
I was one of the people who pre-ordered on Amazon UK during the first wave. I was around when the second wave went up, but didn't want to take a pre-order away from someone else and just assumed Amazon would adjust the price.

Well, they haven't so far. But I complained to one of their customer service reps and they lowered the price for me to £69.99. They said it was an 'exception', though, so I wouldn't count on getting your price lowered unless you inquire about it.
I've enquired about it but apparently it's been "referred" to the relevant department but they said they don't "refund the differences on purchases". I find that strange seeing as it's a preorder and they have a preorder price guarantee....

With Very, you will either get the console, and nothing will go wrong, or you will have on the worst retail experiences of your life. I would wait for literally any other outlet than use Very.

You say this, I'm currently having hell with them, honestly don't use very

ToonLink

I've enquired about it but apparently it's been "referred" to the relevant department but they said they don't "refund the differences on purchases". I find that strange seeing as it's a preorder and they have a preorder price guarantee....
I would keep bugging them about it. They said that the pre order price guarantee didn't apply because the products had separate product codes/pages, but I questioned why that was the case in the first place since its the same exact product, and then they decided to change the price for me as an 'exception'. I spoke to someone through chat if that helps.

Yep probably.

Gutted.

My only hope is that Nintendo make a lot more than the NES mini and my 'backorder' sticks. What a mess.

It's not a mess. You had two on order, which should not be allowed with the demand for this.

Like any hardware release you should be limited to one per store.

Be glad you didnt risk that second one. I did both to be safe because I had to change my address on the first one, and the second was cheaper.

Well because they combined the ASIN's I was in violation of their 1 per customer policy, and both my orders were cancelled. When I contacted CS, they basically told me I was shit outta luck and they couldnt do a thing to help me.

Top Bottom