• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snipperclips: Cut it Out! - First Party multiplayer puzzle game for Switch ($20)

dreamfall

One level into the Treehouse demo, I was like what the fuck is this.

Five levels in, I was blown away and thoroughly amused by the snipping and the puzzle solving.

The game really looks like a lot of fun, and a great time.

Shaii

The game really looks like a breath of fresh air. This will definitely be a day one game for me.

I'm sure my girlfriend will be pleasantly surprised as well...

BiggNife

Confirmed for March, but not a launch title.

Considering all of the games confirmed for March but not launch are most likely eShop games (Snipperclips, Has Been Heroes, Fast RMX, etc) part of me thinks that the eShop won't be ready on launch day and these games will go up whenever the eShop goes up.

paulogy

I love good puzzle games and good co-op games, and this seems to be both. I think the name FriendShapes was better - and the game's origin makes me wonder if this would come to other platforms at some point?

Oregano

I love good puzzle games and good co-op games, and this seems to be both. I think the name FriendShapes was better - and the game's origin makes me wonder if this would come to other platforms at some point?

I mean I guess they could make a 3DS or Mobile version...

tumblr_o3i2hlc3Yv1v9edafo3_540.gif

This looks amazing. So I have two games I'm grabbing at launch! :D

The art direction is superb and I might give this a shot, but I'm generally not a fan of the sort of physics-based puzzler where carrying out a solution is harder than figuring it out.

No idea this was originally an indie game, it felt very uniquely Nintendo in its premise (in a similar vein to pushmo and boxboy). The treehouse stream sold me on this game. Between this, ARMS, Zelda, and Mario Kart 8 DX, I'm rather excited about the first two months of switch!

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
A great demonstration of the benefit of having 2 Joycons for 2 player. You could tabletop this anytime, anywhere. At $20, everyone who's buying Switch at launch should have this.

When I first heard of this I was immediately dismissive, as I'm sure almost everyone here was. After hearing it was $20 I decided to look into and now it is an instant purchase, especially as my friends were already asking what multiplayer games I'd be getting.

Four Headed Yamauchi is pleased.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I need to know who worked on this game, as it's oozing with appeal and cute.

The original concept was made by an indie developer by the name of SFB games. It was called Friendshapes and is extremely close to what the final product looks like.
Look it up on YouTube.

So is this physical? I wanna start filling my shelf. This is likely the last physical system that I will collect for. I have always hated disc media.

Had absolutely zero interest in this until I watched the Japanese stream and I was actually laughing hysterically (my family probably thought I was nuts) watching it. Game is up there with Zelda in hype level for me now. I think this could be the new Nintendogs as far as mass market appeal and could be the best co-op game since Portal 2.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Thought this game was trash when it showed up on the Releaselist, since Nintendo didnt even mention it during the first presentation.

After seeing the Treehouse Live demo and the fact that its a cheaper eShop title - Day1.

This game had a massive line all day at the preview event in London! I didn't get to play, but I watched my friend. It legitimately looks like a lot of fun, and I'll be picking it up as soon as it launches.

Fun fact: SFB Games are the guys that made the "Decline of Video Gaming" series on Newgrounds back in the early 2000s. That's awesome :)

I've still got to watch the treehouse segment on it but I remember the reaction being universally positive to it in the treehouse live thread, three pages of people being enamoured by what they were seeing.

What's really cool is seeing Nintendo making second party WiiWare-style games again. That kind of thing stopped happening last gen after the sequel to Hydroventure/Fluidity came out on 3DS, so it's nice that Nintendo's reinvesting again. I loved games like Bonsai Barber, You Me And The Cubes and MaBoShi, thought they defined the Wii for me.

bounchfx

What is wrong with some of you? You're clearly not interested, why post stuff like this?

sometimes games need to just look like a high production action game such as CoD or Assassins creed to get people to feel comfortable to spend a lot of money, even if the gameplay in said games is played out as fuck and essentially nothing new or even interesting

i welcome more fresh experiences like this

but people assign different values to different things. for some reason graphics and perceived production value will make people far more willing to spend them dollars

Totakeke

I played the same levels as Treehouse live showed, it's pretty much as you expect except the movement controls feel more slippery than exact. For example it's harder to control your motions when you're standing on top of the other guy when his top is not flat. Playing with just the single joycon was perfectly fine as well for this game unlike a game like Mario Kart 8 which I didn't found it comfortable.

Would definitely love to know how single player and 3-4 player mode works and how many levels there are in total. It does feel like there's not much replayability once you solved the puzzle once.

Blues1990

The original concept was made by an indie developer by the name of SFB games. It was called Friendshapes and is extremely close to what the final product looks like.
Look it up on YouTube.

Wait, this is being developed by the same team that created Detective Grimoire & Haunt the House? Kick ass!

This and Arms shouldve been launch titles. Both Nintendo made games that do fun and unique things. I'll be buying this at release so I can have something to play with my wife before mario kart.

JavyOO7

Considering all of the games confirmed for March but not launch are most likely eShop games (Snipperclips, Has Been Heroes, Fast RMX, etc) part of me thinks that the eShop won't be ready on launch day and these games will go up whenever the eShop goes up.

Wow, eShop should hopefully be ready on launch because I'll most likely get my games digitally. And there's the VC too.

It would be interesting if Nintendo used Snipperclips as their first "free" game for their online trial so everyone has it when it launches, and then charge $20 starting in April. Could be a good introduction to the online service.

Top Bottom