• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNK releases sprites from the long cancelled Garou: Mark of the Wolves 2

please revisit! I thought Blue Mary was going to be in the sequel.

latest

Damn, sucks things never went forward. Going to give props to orange pants girl like everyone else, but I also want to highlight the really small kid. If that was an actual character, I'm sure they'd be hilariously terrible to fight against due to their size.

Krejlooc

Banned
Wouldn't Terry have the same problem?

That's why Terry shouldn't have been in Garou 2 either. He was pushing it in Garou 1 already, and rock made him pretty redundant. EDIT: Or actually, a more fitting end would be Rock killing terry in Garou 2, which could have been explained by Terry being so old.

and it felt weird in power instinct, too. And LOL like anybody plays power instinct.

So the rumors turned out to be true eh? Guess that means Last Blade 3 was also a thing... :(

Well it won't bring these games back from the graveyard- but on the bright side SNK seems to be due for a comeback under their new Chinese overlords.

As a big Garou fan, this shit stings after seeing this now in 2016. I really like the new boxer, orange pants girl and the last guy......what a shame :( :( :(.

Dremark

Banned
I would have preferred not to know about this, but I suppose even if I hadn't seen this thread I would have found out eventually.

It's a shame it never happened the first game was a masterpiece.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
"SNK Toys with our hearts once more" is a better title. Garou is my favourite fighting game ever. Such a shame the sequel never happened :/

petran79

Banned
were there any info or rumors about gameplay changes when compared to the original?
I'd like a reduced damage system instead of losing 70%+ life bar in one hit.

Did NOT expect this to happen today!!!

At least they're acknowledging a demand/obvious fan interest in a sequel of some kind. I spoke with Yasayuki Oda at PSX actually, and talked about MOTW specifically (via a translator ofc). From the little he shared with me about his experiences in development its clear he harbors a residual passion for Fatal Fury, especially Garou.

I know its nearly impractical fiscally but maybe this is an attempt to gauge core interest for a Code mystics (LB2 style ) HD port and later a proper sequel???

Once can dream

Please Oda, please.

klee123

You know, although it's more of a pipe dream, I kinda wish SNK would resume development of this and release on the NG format.

I'd so buy the AES cart of this lol.

mao2

Mai wasn't even in Garou, and we have Hokutomaru, why would Garou 2 have Mai? She'd be a redundant character.
I know. Back then I was hoping that they'd add Mai if they made a sequel. Also Hokutomaru isn't a clone and plays quite differently. There shouldn't be a problem for them to exist together.

She'd be like almost 50 years old in Garou 2, though.
Garou takes place 10 years after Geese's death in Real Bout Fatal Fury. She's still in her 30s!

Soul Calibur V says otherwise. Taki was too old and busted to even show.
Nah, according to the official story, she's still an active ninja during the events of Soul Calibur V. The reason she didn't appear is because she went on a mission elsewhere
though apparently she didn't come back so maybe you're right about her being old and busted. :(

Raitaro

Man oh man, what a damn shame this never came to fruition! It could have been a game for the ages.

If only we could convince SNK to revisit this in the same vein as Natsume-Atari are re-releasing Wild Guns with new sprite art and touch ups. Would it really be impossible for them to achieve this or just challenging?

Top Bottom