• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So GAF, what is your experience with drugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RawPower

Banned
How the hell did I miss this thread? Although I'm presently clean (or sXe, if you prefer), I've had a long history with drugs.

Marijuana- I'd smoke weed whenever it was available to me, although I could never get much out of it for some reason. I haven't smoked in at least a year.

Shrooms- Tried it once. Hated it. Never did it again. Although to be fair, I wasn't in the best mindset at the time.

LSD- I was at a party and my friends friends (not a typo) wanted me to try it, but I was already shaking from prior experiences (see above) and declined. So someone decided to sneak it in my food when I was away, and I was in such a state of panic that my friends had to take me home. I never found out who did it.

I also had an addiction to rock at one point, but I'd rather not discuss that. *shudder*

Jarlaxle

I definitely do love me some alcohol and Marijuana. I don't have ready availability to marijuana so I only wind up smoking it once every couple of months but it's usually pretty fun.

The only other thing I've ever even considered is doing shrooms just because they sound like fun and it's honestly something I'd like to try once before I die. Problem is, I don't have anyone that would do it with me. It probably will never happen.

CTE

slipping somebody lsd is a scummy thing to do.

Yup. Worst thing you can do to a person. One time I was at a party where they did this. I was already tripping, but they had a few guys over that didn't want any. They were just having some beers. So one guy dropped a tab into one of their beers.

Sure enough about 2 hours later the guy was wandering around with a scared look on his face say "I don't know any of you..." over and over and over. Felt bad for him and never hung around those people again. Don't want "friends" like that.

slipping somebody lsd is a scummy thing to do.
I had friends who were heavy into drugs, especially mescaline and LCD and they would always joke about slipping me some because they knew I had severe anxiety. I've never once tried hallucinogens and more than likely never will.

abusori

My experience with drugs is that huffing air dusters has no effect (it was a fun night at Walmart lol), same with weed (strong shit or not, it does literally nothing), but lots and lots of whiskey or vodka will eventually get me drunk. That's about it.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I'm curious to try LSD, but people saying I have to clear my schedule for 10 hours is what's holding me back. Sucks that I still live with my parents.

Friend of mine wants me try Lucy (I'm into psychoactives, never tripped(well, except one time when I got laced weed)).
Also, Wormwood is great, everyone!

Marijuana - a great plant and something that's very enjoyable.
Ecstasy - one of the best things ever , but only done it once and want to keep it that way. I would try molly, however.
Opium - by itself, it's similar to marijuana, but when mixed in with a bowl of marijuana, it takes it to a new level. It's something I'll probably never do again, though.
Mushrooms - I just love them. They're a trip.
Alcohol - had bad times and great times with it. I usually have a beer or some liquor throughout the week.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm curious to try LSD, but people saying I have to clear my schedule for 10 hours is what's holding me back. Sucks that I still live with my parents.

Just set aside an entire day for it. Drop a few tabs and go out in the woods and do some Into the Wild shit.

danwarb

Was given speed twice, not sure what it was exactly, but I can see why amphetamines are addictive to some. Never been more awake. The opposite of alcohol.

Esch

Banned
Weed's great, even though its not really for me anymore. I've done opiates, never liked them really. Same with pretty much everything in a pill. hallucinogens are really the best type of drug though; not addicting or something you want to do often, reasonably priced, and generally worth it, always a change in perspective, always something new to discover. Shrooms are good, but its really just training wheels for acid in my opinion, which is the best of all drugs really. Music, visuals, emotions. Coke is ok, if youre not paying for it and youre hammered. Tobacco is dumb. Nitrous is like an orgasm but with your head. Dont do that shit more than once though, its just stupid.

Obviously booze is great, just great. Whiskey is something i truly love, when its done right.

Coke is a great rich persons drug. You can have a fabulous night out drinking and talking

Coke is highly addictive my friend. And as for a great night out on the town, my experience with it has always been people having fun for 20 minutes and then acting totally weird till 2 in the afternoon, while smoking a billion cigarettes and drinking a shit ton of beer. Nasty.

Hmm...I've enjoyed a mostly alcohol only lifestyle with the occasional cigarette. Within the past year I have done MDNA a few times. It is probably the only other drug I'll ever do besides alcohol. I'm sure I'll smoke pot a few more times in my life. Otherwise the stuff doesn't appeal that much to me. I have nothing against anyone who does enjoy life through these lenses though.

Ecstasy - stopped taking it due to the 2,3 day low mood swings it was giving me (and my girlfriend doesn't want me taking drugs so il never touch them again. - Ecstasy turns my world into a mild cyberpunk situation , lights are awesome to look at and it gives me a strong urge to be very social, music sounds so fucking good, sort of like how music sounds when your drunk but so much more. it also feels great to move around on it. all in all the best drug known to man. you feel fucking great on the shit to.

This, so much this.

A little grass goes a long way. Find out what amount works for you and stick with it...there's never any need to get burnt to a crisp, just like there's never any need to get so drunk you end up in the emergency room.

Moderation is a helluva drug. You can have lots and lots of fun with it, while still being more sober than most AND spending less cash.

Just...be careful with LSD. Good GOD be careful, and be determined to have a good time going in. Don't do it if you've eaten a whole pizza and got bitched out by your girl/boy friend. Saw it happen so someone. Wasn't pretty.

Esch

Banned
I never really saw the ecstasy appeal. I dont wanna sweat a lot and excessively hug people and rub vicks vaporub on me and shit. That ain't me. I bought a tenth of molly once and thought about doing it; just ended up selling it back.

I never really saw the ecstasy appeal. I dont wanna sweat a lot and excessively hug people and rub vicks vaporub on me and shit. That ain't me. I bought a tenth of molly once and thought about doing it; just ended up selling it back.

Its definitely a rave or dance club drug.

Esch

Banned
Its definitely a rave or dance club drug.

I get that, i bought it for a pretty lights concert... but i guess its a personal interaction thing for me. I know too many etards. Plus i dont really enjoy trying new shit in places with crowds, just in case something goes south.

People ITT saying the right thing about weed btw. Less is more. Weed is a drug; its a powerful intoxicant with varied experiences and ive even seen vet smokers have a bad night.

btkadams

yeah, it's not an exaggeration. it's kind of annoying how long it lasts, but i enjoy it!

drugs i've done:
• ecstasy
• pure mdma
• cocaine
• lsd
• mushrooms
• salvia (lol)
• weed

i went a bit overboard with ecstasy/mdma/cocaine in high school but eventually stopped because the highs became unenjoyable. i was also getting really moody. all of the times i ate shrooms, i hated it as well. lsd is great though!

anyways, that was mostly just during high school. i only smoke weed and drink now.

Esch

Banned
Shrooms are always a clusterfuck mentally for me; theres always a few unpleasant moments of W-T-F every time you eat those things. LSD is easier to rationalize and control, man its just all around way better, minus the super long comedown..

Everything in moderation. Everything.

Personally, I don't think hard drugs can be done in moderation. I think they're SO addictive that even with the best intentions...more often than not it'll end up a serious problem.

Social drinking on the weekend. Sometimes. A cup of coffee each day. If I'm in surgery I won't turn down pain meds but I won't take them "for fun".

Been drinking alcohol since I was a teenager. Drank heavily in my early twenties, like all night binges while popping NoDoz, absolutely wasted. Now drink rarely.

Smoked weed as a teenager and into my 20s but it messed with my head too much. My brother smoked heavily as an adolescent and is now a diagnosed schizophrenic.

Tried LSD the first time in Sydney's Kings Cross. Loved it. Did it a lot, especially when I was traveling.

Got into clubbing and started taking speed and ecstasy and mushrooms. Didn't like ecstasy at first but grew to love it.

Tried heroin once in a hostel in Tel Aviv with some other backpackers. Very numbing mellow experience. One of the other guys threw up in someone's shoes. Not for me. I also met a guy there who was on anti anxiety medication called BuSpar and we crushed it up and snorted it but it just made me feel a little weird.

Went to a rainforest rockpool and did nitrous oxide. Very brief buzz and slightly disorientating.

Had some kind of troubling paranoid experiences on drugs but also some of my funniest and most lucid moments. I'd recommend anyone who doesn't have mental problems at least try LSD once.

Shrooms are always a clusterfuck mentally for me; theres always a few unpleasant moments of W-T-F every time you eat those things. LSD is easier to rationalize and control, man its just all around way better, minus the super long comedown..

I think its all in the atmosphere you do them in. I will not be doing them again until a camping trip with only a few friends in the middle of the woods during the day, so i can go hiking and all that shit.

As far as hard drugs and moderation, with most psychoactives, you know when you've had too much and you start having a bad time, a bad trip or throw up. With opiates or cocaine, it gets better and better until you overdose.

Weed - Don't any more but used to quite often, usually joints, but occasionally did bongs which I was out of my depth with, depends on the type, sometimes it makes you tired and mellow but others made me be in hysterics and do stupid stuff. Once I had this bong and hours went by without me noticing, pretty scary when it happens, it was when I was cutting down though.

Cocaine - I have only done this once but I was baked and drunk to really notice the effects (it was on new years eve), I had the worst morning afterwards though.

Poppers - Not something that I ever really did on my own, but if your with your mates and get loads of people to do it, it can be pretty funny, makes you feel like all the blood goes to your head and causes you find things funnier IMO. Me and my friend used to take it in lessons, it made what the teachers were saying fucking hilarious lol.

Alcohol - its always funny to find out what you happened on a night out that you cant remember.

Other Stuff - Salvia, Spice (the legal stuff, it was shit).

Not a drug, but I get mood swings that make can me feel awesome, as well as some states of mind that if I think about give me this incredible euphoric feeling, which IMO is better than any drug iv taken.

I drink lightly, and take prescription medication when necessary. I take OTC medication when I feel the need (usually naproxen sodium)

I don't smoke, etc, and never have, nor plan to.

if you count caffeine, I have a caffeine addiction, and if I don't have at least one cup of coffee in the morning I get a terrible headache by around noon.

Esch

Banned
I think its all in the atmosphere you do them in. I will not be doing them again until a camping trip with only a few friends in the middle of the woods during the day, so i can go hiking and all that shit.

Totally, set and setting is huge. As for doing hard drugs casually/moderation... I honestly have and was never captivated by any of them. Opiates, pharms, coke... All pretty fucking boring and totally not worth the money. Can be fun on occasion, but I could never see myself getting hooked on them. Just... Don't seem to give you anything worthwhile experience wise. I mean I guess you feel good or whatever, but thats just not satisfying enough to justify the drawbacks, right?

Totally, set and setting is huge. As for doing hard drugs casually/moderation... I honestly have and was never captivated by any of them. Opiates, pharms, coke... All pretty fucking boring and totally not worth the money. Can be fun on occasion, but I could never see myself getting hooked on them. Just... Don't seem to give you anything worthwhile experience wise. I mean I guess you feel good or whatever, but thats just not satisfying enough to justify the drawbacks, right?

If by satisfying you mean your happy you bought a drug dealer 4 cars then yes.

Air

Banned
Tried weed, tried morphine, cigarettes, alcohol...

If I had more money in high school, I would have probably tried mushrooms, salvia, maybe DMT and Coke...Maybe

I've lost the desire to do most if any of that stuff though.

Want to try Psilocybin. I'm really interested in the effects and conditions of hallucinogenics, and see shrooms as the first step really. Easy to acquire too, so I hear. Maybe this Summer, with a few friends.

Got offered Marijuana recently, declined for now. Don't like the idea of smoking anything, not sure why. Maybe in a few months.

Want to try Psilocybin. I'm really interested in the effects and conditions of hallucinogenics, and see shrooms as the first step really. Easy to acquire too, so I hear. Maybe this Summer, with a few friends.

Got offered Marijuana recently, declined for now. Don't like the idea of smoking anything, not sure why. Maybe in a few months.

Trying Psilocybin before weed? Baby steps, man.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Whenever I smoke weed, it always feels as if someone's wrapping my brain.

Trying Psilocybin before weed? Baby steps, man.

Having never experienced drugs in my life, part of me thinks you're right. But I'm pretty sure I could handle it - yet I know that's a very subjective thing to say.

I'll probably end up doing weed before Mushrooms, but I'd rather not. Like I say, it's smoking it that puts me off.

Bradlums

Get drunk on a regular basis as I'm in a fraternity so I like to conform (sarcasm), but tbh I really don't like being drunk at all. Just makes me feel sick. Pot on the other hand, is amazing for me. I just smoke a lil bit, listen to some music, and enjoy some good company every now and then. Beats booze fueled ragers any night of the week :)

Having never experienced drugs in my life, part of me thinks you're right. But I'm pretty sure I could handle it - yet I know that's a very subjective thing to say.

I'll probably end up doing weed before Mushrooms, but I'd rather not. Like I say, it's smoking it that puts me off.

Do them both at the same time, they compliment each other quite well.

Esch

Banned

Walk before you run....As for weed you could always cook brownies or something. Or extract it in alcohol and drink it(green dragon).

The shit that ill never understand is Xanax. There are 0 pros to this shit. Its just a blackout in a pill. Why people fuck with this stuff at all is beyond me.

Get drunk on a regular basis as I'm in a fraternity so I like to conform (sarcasm), but tbh I really don't like being drunk at all. Just makes me feel sick. Pot on the other hand, is amazing for me. I just smoke a lil bit, listen to some music, and enjoy some good company every now and then. Beats booze fueled ragers any night of the week :)
by being in a frat youre not conforming to anything gaf, haha.
I'm in one too.

Walk before you run....As for weed you could always cook brownies or something. Or extract it in alcohol and drink it(green dragon).

The shit that ill never understand is Xanax. There are 0 pros to this shit. Its just a blackout in a pill. Why people fuck with this stuff at all is beyond me.

by being in a frat youre not conforming to anything gaf, haha.
I'm in one too.

Well okay, maybe I'll dispose of my convictions and just smoke some. Easy to get.

And yeah, there are so many drugs out there that just impose harmful effects. Absolutely no idea why people do them. I don't even understand people that do drugs with a high chance of bad effects. Paranoia, fear, sensitivity, convulsions, sweating, extreme confusion and severe migraines are not what I call a good time.

NinjaBoiX

Not really. People who do it that much become obsessed with it.
"What do you mean obsessed? I'm not obsessed. What makes you think I'm obsessed?"

Yeah, I smoke weed pretty much everyday, I should probably stop. One the flip side, I never drink. But I do take the occasional E and the odd line of coke. Once or twice a year, and only from a trusted source (some friends work in pharmaceuticals).

I used to be heavily into pot during my final year in high school and the summer afterwards. When I was interested in working for Target my friend told me I'd have to get piss tested, so I quit smoking for a while to let it leave my body and never really climbed back onto the horse. Since then I have smoked, but only when friends have offered it to me. I think of it as just a phase in my life, a very fun one. :)

I do drink from time to time as well. I was overdoing it last fall, going out three nights a week and dropping a ton of cash that I couldn't really afford to, so now I do so every couple weeks instead.

I was offered coke at a party when I was twenty and getting over a breakup, so I did a tiny bump. Truly amazing feeling, but veeeeery overwhelming. Haven't done it since and have no desire to.

FStop7

Banned
I haven't smoked weed in 9 years. Career reasons. Drug tests are common. Otherwise I would smoke on a regular basis.

I got semi-hooked on painkillers after a knee injury 6 years ago, too. The ER doctor prescribed percocet and wow did I like them. To this day I have fond memories of how good it felt with my knee up in a brace, eating pizza, and watching episodes of Stargate Atlantis while high on percocet. I'm glad it's not easy to get because otherwise I would have totally gone full addict.

Once that first perc prescription ran out my orthopedist switched me to vicodin. The high was not nearly as good and I would get really nauseous as they wore off. They weren't nearly as enjoyable so I didn't even try to cop any more of them once my legitimate prescription was up. Intentional or not my orthopedist did me a big favor.

MDMA in a pure form can be really helpful if you want to reflect on certain things that you may have issues with. ecstacy pills may or may not contain mdma these days so if you can get pure mdma then taking that a few times in your life might give you a feeling of catharsis on certain issues you may have had.

I have only tried weed by infusing the THC in butter and brownies and cookies as I do not smoke but damn that was such a really good experience. Meditation is so much better when you are able to think of less things at once and weed can help you focus on less things so your mind isn't so cluttered.

LSD is probably the best experience I have had with drugs. Try it once a year as the experience will stay with you forever and you learn so many new things about this world. It surely is a trip. take it in a nice place with few people around you so that you can really take in the personal journey that awaits you. I can count in my hand the number of times I have had this and it has had profound effects on how i perceive things and how I see the world now in a more beautiful way.

Nitrous oxide is a sonic trip that last only as long as you can hold your breath, but you become sound for what seems like an infinite amount of time. Only tried it a couple of times and it was a very musical experience for me to say the least.

GHB can be very dangerous and I have had some good and bad experiences with it. I do not recommend it.

Speed and other amphetamines are ok if you like to dance all day but it's not recommended if you are looking for something more "spiritual in experience". Not worth the time or money

Cocaine is similar to good speed. It gives a better feeling of clarity compared to speed. Recommended for people who like to talk in public or if you need to give a presentation. Otherwise It is not worth the time or money

Not really into alcohol as a drug, though I do have a drink or two once or twice a week casually with friends.

Now that I am in my 30's drugs have become less common around my life probably because of a change in lifestyle more focused in slowing down rather than speeding up my life and if I were to take drugs it would probably be LSD on one special day of the year. I would also make some THC oil or butter but I haven't done that for a couple of years due to laziness as it takes a while to make that stuff.

I would probably try DMT or salvia maybe some ahayuasca when the time comes. Psychoactive substances or entheogenic substances are something I would recommend to those who want an awakening experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom