• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I decided to rent Imagine: Babyz Fashion…

Tobor

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time, is that an Activision title?

Tobor said:
Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time, is that an Activision title?

That's a game title I can get behind.

Million seller on title alone.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
firehawk12 said:
Since we're doing detective GAF - I don't have a black DS, but are they typically black on the outside and grey on the inside? If not, does the dude have two DSes?

Yes. That's what the DS Phat looks like. I have one sitting on my desk right now.

cuyahoga said:
You are some sort of parental-caretaker-type who has to constantly appease the baby and ensure its safety, and of course, guide its way to fashion stardom. I'm only thirty minutes in and I went into this completely blind, so I'm still caretaking on day one. Caretaking is done through a combination of mini-games and Sims-style management, and it seems you pass a day by filling four hearts by doing things that the baby wants you to do.

Also, your baby is sartorially aware, and you have to ensure it is dressed in accordance to its very specific tastes.

:lol :lol :lol

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Tobor said:
Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time

Because it’s just that good. :lol

Anyone care to take a crack at naming the antitheses to this title?

You know, after that recent Ubi shitstorm I went looking for footage of a Petz game, and honest to blog it seemed like a rather competent Nintendogs ripoff. I mean, Nintendo hasn't updated that hollow formula in what, five years? A new one with Crazy Monkeys is hardly the biggest crime unto Nuggin.

[Nintex]

2nk8pv.jpg

sk3tch

tears are flowing down my face. lol...sartorially aware babies...the dudebro title...it is just too good. thread saved.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
This thread has reached brilliance. Can cuyahoga start doing a series where he rents shovelware and seriously reviews them using mature prose and witty commentary?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
thetrin said:
This thread has reached brilliance. Can cuyahoga start doing a series where he rents shovelware and seriously reviews them using mature prose and witty commentary?

I would gladly donate towards the establishment of an entire website dedicated to such an idea.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Seraphis Cain said:
I would gladly donate towards the establishment of an entire website dedicated to such an idea.

Hell, let's pay him to print a magazine about it. It's a much better idea than Kill Screen =P

[edit] P.S. Thank you for finally giving us gameplay impressions, cuyahoga :lol

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
:lol :lol :lol

The only thing that box needs is the Only On XBOX stamp.

Congratulations you may have just supplanted "bald space marines" and created the new shorthand for deriding hardcore mature titles.

wrowa

Accusing someone of playing pirated games should be bannable. It's silly. Especially in this case where there was absolutely no evidence for it. Accusing people who've rented a game of pirating is actually the same as accusing people who use homebrew of pirating, if you ask me.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
[Nintex] said:
This is so amazing. Thank you.

Neuromancer said:
Are you directly or indirectly trying to reference Modern Warfare 2 here?
That's one of the games. I was also thinking Assassin's Creed 2, but I guess that's more stabbing.

thetrin said:
I'd love to do this. I do have a fear that some of these games are too buggy and unstable to enjoy--but most seem to not be incredibly risky, so I guess that minimizes the possibility of developers erring majorly. I wouldn't want my tone to turn to contemptuous because some developer is not the most technically competent.

Seraphis Cain said:
I have tried to actually pursue this before.

Danthrax said:
Hell, let's pay him to print a magazine about it. It's a much better idea than Kill Screen =P
Way too much work, but I've pitched this the "I tackle shovelware" to anyone I could and no one has taken me up on that.

140.85 said:
Oh gosh the byline is killing me. What does "dawg time" even mean? :lol
Whether "dawg" a noun, adjective or verb is entirely up to you.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
They'll probably just call it S.U.D.T 2, and drop the Dudebro name altogether.

Haunted

Neuromancer said:
Are you directly or indirectly trying to reference Modern Warfare 2 here?
I thought he meant Army of Tutu

edit: Rogue Warrior, Medal of Honor or Gears of War 2 work as well. :lol

thetrin said:
Yeah but they'd probably sneak it onto the box somewhere anyway, just to keep the branding there for the easily confused.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
cuyahoga said:
Way too much work, but I've pitched this the "I tackle shovelware" to anyone I could and no one has taken me up on that.

Oh I just wanted to get in a cheap shot on Kill Screen, but a Web site dedicated to reviewing and satirically hyping up shovelware, using intelligent prose, would be great.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
wrowa said:
Accusing someone of playing pirated games should be bannable. It's silly. Especially in this case where there was absolutely no evidence for it. Accusing people who've rented a game of pirating is actually the same as accusing people who use homebrew of pirating, if you ask me.
I agree with this. At first I thought people were joking so I played with it too, but it seems they weren't.

I understand buying a game perceived as trash warrants questioning the person who picked it up, but preemptively assuming piracy on no grounds here is silly.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
thetrin said:

I'm still annoyed with that stupid Jedi Knight bullshit.

...oh you meant that. right.

Fixed1979

Surgeon Rocket said:
I agree with this. At first I thought people were joking so I played with it too, but it seems they weren't.

I understand buying a game perceived as trash warrants questioning the person who picked it up, but preemptively assuming piracy on no grounds here is silly.

I don't know if anyone was being serious were they?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Fixed1979 said:
I don't know if anyone was being serious were they?
I thought the first poster was being factitious, then hivemind started quoting said post, being serious, and hoping for a banning.

Poster below me,

no. There are far funnier threads.

clockpunk

I hope this thread gets preserved in the Best of GAF section - it showcases precisely why this place is unique amongst its peers.

re: poster above: 'doh'. They're usually concluded by the time EuroGAFfers log on... :-/

Top Bottom