• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I played Ocarina of Time for the very first time, and this game could do with a modern remake

Ocarina Of Time is the greatest game of all time. I would love a remake.

However, I would settle for the 3DS version in HD on Switch (or Switch 2). That version is superior in every way but 100% faithful.

Hudo

44818.png
Ft5EEfSaMAAxNs6.jpg

Best Waifu of the game.

MALON >>>>>>>> Saria >>Zelda>>>>Cucco Lady>>>>>Nabooru>>>>>>Ruto
marinkhoc9n.jpg

The best waifu
is the one you dream about

MagnesD3

Ocarina Of Time is the greatest game of all time. I would love a remake.

However, I would settle for the 3DS version in HD on Switch (or Switch 2). That version is superior in every way but 100% faithful.
The 3ds version loses a ton of creepy intense atmosphere from the original, its definitely not worth what is gained.

Mohonky

OoT and Windwaker are both better than BotW and TotK.
Hrrmmmm I think OoT is a bit overrated in the Zelda timeline, it's definitely up there but I think a lot of it's nostalgia.

Wind Waker on the other hand, is timeless, I would still buy it again on Switch despite finishing it on Wii U and GameCube. It's probably the most BoTW / ToTK in its world where you constantly explore and find new things to do while having the traditional dungeon / item upgrade path of the originals.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
OoT is still my favorite Zelda. Just imagine OoT with Wii U demo graphics. Off the chain!

Last edited:

Innoculis

Neo Member
As someone who played OoT at launch, it was amazing. Going back to it now it doesn’t hold up well, so many advancements made that it feels old and janky. Gimme A new OoT in BotW engine, no auto jumping and what not, I’d be interested.

The 3ds version loses a ton of creepy intense atmosphere from the original, its definitely not worth what is gained.
I disagree. Ocarina of Time 3D was updated more faithfully to the original concept art of the N64 classic. The darkness came in to hide the shortcomings of that system. I can see the atmosphere changed more with the Majoras Mask 3D release because that was meant to be more creepy but I prefer the 3DS versions top to bottom.

MagnesD3

I disagree. Ocarina of Time 3D was updated more faithfully to the original concept art of the N64 classic. The darkness came in to hide the shortcomings of that system. I can see the atmosphere changed more with the Majoras Mask 3D release because that was meant to be more creepy but I prefer the 3DS versions top to bottom.
That vision is far worse on 3ds as Ocarina of Time N64 has one of the best atmospheres in gaming. It oozes a mysteriously dangerous scary world that isnt there to hold your hand, getting rid of that vibe is incredibly foolish, and for what a generic looking fantasy lighthearted vibe lol. Also the music is inferior as well.

Last edited:
That vision is far worse on 3ds as Ocarina of Time N64 has one of the best atmospheres in gaming. It oozes a mysteriously dangerous scary world that isnt there to hold your hand, getting rid of that vibe is incredibly foolish, and for what a generic looking fantasy lighthearted vibe lol. Also the music is inferior as well.
If you want the same atmosphere playing the 3DS version, just wear some sunglasses as you play, itll give you that look you are looking for 😂. I say that in jest of course.
The music is actually better. They added an orchestrated song as well.

Ill tell you what, The 3D screen on the 3DS required brighter visuals to compensate for its dim look so they took that into account when remastering the game. If that wasn’t necessary, I could see them going for a darker palette.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I played the compiled ver on PC and fucking taking the biggest fucking D up the ass, where I am trying to get the script for Biggoron's sword. SOB!

Top Bottom