• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I was forced to punch a girl in the face last night...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shurs said:
Just trying to figure out a better way to fend off a woman scratching (lol) you than popping her in the face, is all.

You have the convenience of sitting here and doing that, but it's bullshit to judge someone on how they reacted to a person they don't know coming at their face like that.

SaskBoy

Fuck, this thread made me want to go punch somebody.

Some fucking hooligan high school students threw coffee at us at McDonald's a few weeks ago. Should have kicked there asses but they ran away like little bitches. We left but then they followed us and threw garbage on my friend's car!! We followed them but they got away.

GAH I WISH I WASN'T SO SPINELESS!

AkuMifune

Banned
Shurs said:
Just trying to figure out a better way to fend off a woman scratching (lol) you than popping her in the face, is all.

In the couple occasions I've encountered a feral female in close proximity attempting to remove my face with her claws I've instinctively gone for the throat grab. I'm not saying it's particularly gentlemanly, but it helps subdue the creature, establishing clear dominance with the least amount of violence.

Quixzlizx

faceless007 said:
I don't agree with that but how is it misogynistic?

It's misogynistic because it's implying that females are hysterical frail creatures who aren't capable (physically or emotionally) of dealing with the consequences of their actions.

You shouldn't deliver a beatdown to anyone who is immensely weaker than you, regardless of gender, but delivering a punch or two to keep someone from gouging your eyes out doesn't seem out of line. It's not like he elbow-dropped her once she dropped to the ground.

Shurs

Byakuya769 said:
You have the convenience of sitting here and doing that, but it's bullshit to judge someone on how they reacted to a person they don't know coming at their face like that.

A good slap can be pacifying for the recipient and satisfying for the donor.

2462c69.jpg

faceless007 said:
I don't agree with that but how is it misogynistic?
women are not frail pieces of glass that if slightly pushed askew will fall over and shatter

and if we're going for gender equivalency in the modern age, being able to defend yourself against someone who is attacking you REGARDLESS of the gender is the way to go

Shurs

ZephyrFate said:
women are not frail pieces of glass that if slightly pushed askew will fall over and shatter

and if we're going for gender equivalency in the modern age, being able to defend yourself against someone who is attacking you REGARDLESS of the gender is the way to go

The woman obviously didn't feel like she was fragile. If she had, she wouldn't have gone after the OP.

All involved sound like douchebags. The girl for escalating things, the OP for the ridiculous qualifications put forth to justify his actions, namely crying about permanent scarring.

Both can learn a lesson.

For the OP: Talk shit, get hit, or scratched in this case.

For the girl: Don't expect to be able to assault someone with out getting hit back, regardless of their gender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom