• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

so, she hasnt returned my phone call.. when do I start freaking out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Im not claiming to be smooth with the ladies (I'm not), but I generally dont read this much into everything.. this one has done something to me, so Im going to be really pissed if she was just leading me on.

I never, NEVER, NEVER listen my voice mail. She could be like that. Send her a SMS or something similar. Or try call her again... you don’t lose anything by doing that...

StoOgE

no, Ive left her voicemail before.. she checks it.. but point taken, Im going to call her tommorow if I dont hear anything.

ToxicAdam

WAIT A WEEK.

Seriously, don't call twice within a 5 day period. It reeks of desperation. If it really makes you that crazy ... "bump" into her at somewhere you know she will be (work, etc).

DON'T CALL TOMORROW.

Chipopo

Banned
*channels cubsfan*

I'm sure he would agree with me here: In general, leaving voicemail is a no no. If they don't pick up....hang up....and try again later. If you call back after having left a voicemail you seem sorta loserish, but you're left in this daze of "oh, did she get it? is she ignoring me? does she pick up her voice mail? did her jealous ex-boyfreind break in to the house and delete her messages? etc."

peedi

Banned
StoOgE said:
no, Ive left her voicemail before.. she checks it.. but point taken, Im going to call her tommorow if I dont hear anything.

I wouldn't call her, but that's just me. If a girl is interested, and knows your number, she'll contact you. If she's not feeling it, you won't receive that call. Pretty simple.

if your the last one who called or smsed, wait acouple of days, let her call you or SMS you back!

if she is intrested she will let you know she is still there.

she will think, oh he called me and i never answerd and now its been a couple of days and he never called me back, maybe i should call or sms him to see whats up.

it always works for me, and i if they do call you back or sms you to check whats up, you know she is ready for some action !

the thing is loads of guys do not have patience to sit and wait, but it is the best thing you can do.
you have to act like your not to desperet to meet her, but you have to give them clues from time to time that you want to meet her aswell, its a fine line between to much and to little attention!

so be careful, but i find this way to be the best!

i have dated LOADS of girls in my life, and scored with almost all of them, and thru the years this method has worked the best, at least for me!

Good luck

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Make sure that you dont keep calling her for an answer or else you will just piss her off. wait for a couple of days to see if she gives you a call and if she doesnt, then call.

Meh, voice mail is the devil. I would call back after a few days. Don't want here looking at her incoming call list and start to think you're desparate.

Prospero

If I call a woman to ask her to go out with at a certain time and I absolutely have to leave a voicemail message (which I prefer not to do--I'd even send an e-mail before leaving a voicemail message), I always end the message by stating a time by which she should get back to me. ("Hey, you wanna go with me to this party on Friday? Figure out your schedule and let me know by, say, Wednesday afternoon.") The woman will be much more likely to reply in a timely fashion, and if she doesn't reply, then at least I can stop worrying about it and find someone else to go out with that weekend.

I think some of you guys think too much on this. It’s just a phone call to her not the launch of nuclear missile. You are not going to sound desperate if you call and ask if everything is ok whit her and if she has plans or wants to go out. Sometimes you need to put the macho bullshit aside and take the big/next step. If it works go for it… if not… move along and don’t think more about it. If I waited for a phone call from that cute girl I REALLY liked I probably wouldn’t be married by now ;) I’m glad I called … but that’s me :D

Prospero

To be fair, I do know at least two women who have told me that they never return messages from a guy until he's contacted them twice. It seems like these women are doing themselves more harm than good in the long run, but there you go.

Step 1: Go Buy Swingers Special Edition via Amazon (which should be less than $12)

Step 2: Watch movie. Cringe.

Step 3: Stop caring.

Shawn

Banned
this i-call-you / you-call-me bullshit is mostly practised by high school-age girls. most women older than that aren't into playing games.

but you have to remember one thing: just because a girl calls you back doesn't mean that she's attracted to you, let alone wants to have sex with you.

edit: just remember one thing: most women, especially most -- if not all -- physically attractive women are not virgins. they've had sexual intercourse with some guy. in fact, i can pretty much guarantee you that they've done some pretty nasty stuff (jerking some guy's penis until it gets to the point where he ejaculates all over her face). that's why it's not a good idea to think of women as proper little princessess, or deserving of "respect." it's all a cover up. attractive women don't want you to think that they're whores. so... if worse comes to worse, and the whore is giving you the run-around or ignoring you completely, you can always resort to rape (though i would not recommend it).

Doth Togo

Prospero said:
To be fair, I do know at least two women who have told me that they never return messages from a guy until he's contacted them twice. It seems like these women are doing themselves more harm than good in the long run, but there you go.

These are flakey women and are a waste of time. They should be on their knees cleaning my bathrooms. Ignore the egotistical women and find someone real.

so... if worse comes to worse, and the whore is giving you the run-around or ignoring you completely, you can always resort to rape (though i would not recommend it).

Is this supposed to be a joke? Really, what the fuck is that?

Dilbert

Shawn said:
i can pretty much guarantee you that they've done some pretty nasty stuff (jerking some guy's penis until it gets to the point where he ejaculates all over her face). that's why it's not a good idea to think of women as proper little princessess, or deserving of "respect." it's all a cover up. attractive women don't want you to think that they're whores. so... if worse comes to worse, and the whore is giving you the run-around or ignoring you completely, you can always resort to rape (though i would not recommend it).
I would recommend you find somewhere else to post for the next several days. That isn't funny.

aparisi2274

WasabiKing said:
Step 1: Go Buy Swingers Special Edition via Amazon (which should be less than $12)

Step 2: Watch movie. Cringe.

Step 3: Stop caring.

"Well how long do you guys wait to call your babies"

"7 Days"

Doth Togo

aparisi2274 said:
"Well how long do you guys wait to call your babies"

"7 Days"

ROFL. Damn, I forgot about that line. Soooo funny. :lol

My friend waits two weeks. He literally doesn't give a damn. And yet, they come to him. Genius.

Shawn said:
this i-call-you / you-call-me bullshit is mostly practised by high school-age girls. most women older than that aren't into playing games.

but you have to remember one thing: just because a girl calls you back doesn't mean that she's attracted to you, let alone wants to have sex with you.

edit: just remember one thing: most women, especially most -- if not all -- physically attractive women are not virgins. they've had sexual intercourse with some guy. in fact, i can pretty much guarantee you that they've done some pretty nasty stuff (jerking some guy's penis until it gets to the point where he ejaculates all over her face). that's why it's not a good idea to think of women as proper little princessess, or deserving of "respect." it's all a cover up. attractive women don't want you to think that they're whores. so... if worse comes to worse, and the whore is giving you the run-around or ignoring you completely, you can always resort to rape (though i would not recommend it).

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Doth Togo

Shawn said:

Dude, wake up to reality. It's done by all ages and all sexes.

Pimpwerx

Wait for her to call back. Don't call her again. If she doesn't call, she doesn't care. OR...you'll find that a few weeks or a month down the line, she'll call you out of the blue asking what's up. And THEN, you pounce dick-first into that hungry pussy. :D I'm only a part-time pimp, but I got this one married chick blowing up my phone, and I haven't even given her a taste of it yet. Then again, I'm not even pretending, I'm just not interested in this chick, but she keep calling. Just know when you need to lay on the charm and when you have to play it casual. PEACE.

NLB2

Banned
Why would you freak out over a woman? No reason to get worked up over a piece of meat. If one steak goes bad, you can get a new one.

aoi tsuki

DeEJaYMiND said:
I think some of you guys think too much on this. It’s just a phone call to her not the launch of nuclear missile. You are not going to sound desperate if you call and ask if everything is ok whit her and if she has plans or wants to go out. Sometimes you need to put the macho bullshit aside and take the big/next step. If it works go for it… if not… move along and don’t think more about it. If I waited for a phone call from that cute girl I REALLY liked I probably wouldn’t be married by now ;) I’m glad I called … but that’s me :D
Your first two sentences had me thinking the rest of your post was going in the complete opposite direction.

i missed the original post in the other thread, but my take is that if she was interested, she would've called or will call. It's not that difficult. If she's really interested, chances are she'll call, just as you're tempted to. If she's not, you're going to a party. Unless it's a Halo party, you've got another opportunity to meet someone there.

milanbaros

Member?
I think you care far too much on whether you will sound needy or desperate. I met a girl for 5 minutes on saturday, we got pretty intimate but I can't even remember what she looks like. Since then she has texted me 5-=60 times and called 12 times. I kinda like being harrassed in this fashion. She doesnt know where I live or my surname so to me its all good.

aparisi2274

StoOgE said:
ok, so I had that long winded thread that a few of you read the other day.. and the consensus amongst that GAF and all of my real world friends was that I wasnt getting mixed signals of any kind, but was instead getting very clear signals from this girl.. so, I asked her to a party one of my friends is throwing... but forgot she had work until late last night, so I got her voicemail.

to be honest, I was expecting/hoping for a phone call one way or another last night (she knows I dont sleep until late.. and she is generally a cell phone whore so I would be surprised if she didnt get it last night)..

Im not claiming to be smooth with the ladies (I'm not), but I generally dont read this much into everything.. this one has done something to me, so Im going to be really pissed if she was just leading me on.

Stooge,

Just follow this and you will be fine:

Mike: So how long do I wait to call?
Trent: A day.
Mike: Tomorrow.
Sue: Tomorrow, then a day.
Trent: Yeah.
Mike: So two days?
Trent: Yeah, I guess you could call it that, two days.
Sue: Definitely, two days is like industry standard.
Trent: You know I used to wait two days to call anybody, but now it's like everyone in town waits two days. So I think three days is kind of money. What do you think?
Sue: Yeah, but two's enough not to look anxious.
Trent: But I think three days is kind of money. You know because you...
Mike: Yeah, but you know what, mabey I'll wait 3 weeks. How's that? And tell her I was cleaning out my wallet and I just happened to run into her number.
Charles: Then ask her where you met her.
Mike: Yeah, I'll ask her where I met her. I don't remember. What does she look like? And then I'll asked if we fucked. Is that... would that be... T, would that be the money?
Trent: You know what. Ha ha ha Mike, laugh all you want but if you call too soon you might scare off a nice baby who's ready to party.
Mike: Well how long are you guys gonna wait to call your babies?
Trent, Sue: Six days.

peedi said:
I wouldn't call her, but that's just me. If a girl is interested, and knows your number, she'll contact you. If she's not feeling it, you won't receive that call. Pretty simple.

Wise man

Shawn said:

:lol

wasn't expecting that last line.

Ronok

Damn just call again, either she's not gunna care or you aren't........

This is how I see it, if she has listened to your message and still didn't call she doesn't like you and will probably tell you... If this happens she might think you wasted her time, but then again she doesn't like you anyway, you aren't bothered. The other option is she didn't hear the message...... Now what's the problem with phoning again? :-/

Just phone. ¬_¬

Cubsfan23

Banned
NLB2 said:
Why would you freak out over a woman? No reason to get worked up over a piece of meat. If one steak goes bad, you can get a new one.

:lol :lol :lol

I'll just ask you this question, if you were confident that you could attract any woman, at anytime, would you be worried about something petty like this? Plus, you can't think negative about it, maybe her phone went in the toilet, or she's nervous about calling you, she likes to play hard-to-get etc. It's the real world, so it's useless to wonder what she's thinking or what is going on in her life at this instant.

AntoneM

Cubsfan23 said:
:lol :lol :lol

I'll just ask you this question, if you were confident that you could attract any woman, at anytime, would you be worried about something petty like this? Plus, you can't think negative about it, maybe her phone went in the toilet, or she's nervous about calling you, she likes to play hard-to-get etc. It's the real world, so it's useless to wonder what she's thinking or what is going on in her life at this instant.

to paraphrase: cocky AND funny

Outlaw

Banned
Like everyone has been saying. DO NOT CALL HER!!! If you do she will get pissed off and won't call you and lose any interest, if any, in you. Wait a while...a long while. I once had a chick return my call a year later. Yes, we still went out for a while after that long period.

fart

Savant
Shawn said:

this is one of the most brilliant posts in the history of gaf. it's a goddamn shame that this genius was banned.

StoOgE

Would any of ya'll consider calling a girl to go to a party any different than going to a coffee shop together? I think these seem like pretty obvious 'dateish' things to do, especially if its just the two of you... but I dunno, maybe a party seems like something that is obviously stepping into the dating realm and that is why she isnt calling.

Dyne

I'll add some input.

Some girls just don't like the phone. I know this from experience. My current relationship was built entirely without any phone calls. I did phone her once, but that was just to establish that she gave me the right number.

I guess it all depends on your mastery of IM programs.

StoOgE

Also, I own swingers.. I either watch that or read Will to Power to muster up courage. Yeah, Im a dork, I read Nietschie to build myself up.

Girls don't call guys unles she finds him really, really attractive or is famous. It just doesn't happen. If she didn't want to be contacted over the phone (like some suggest), then she would offer some type of other way to contact her. The truth is, you called her, she wasn't there. You should have stopped and called the next day or day after. By using voicemail, the ball is right in her court.

Girls don't like desperate guys. They'd rather go after the guys that have no time for them because they're too busy doing other shit instead of pining for a girl who barely even knows her. Obsessing freaks girls out 9 times of the 10. The other one is usually the ones suffering some kind of mental problems where she gets off on that shit. Either way, its a bad road to go down.

You may have fucked this one up but best of luck.

Iceman

Seriously, attitude is everything.

Like even if you were to call her today (DON'T CALL HER TODAY).. but say you did.. as long as you just shot the breeze and then ended the conversation short then you'd still be okay. Just don't try to define the relationship (by asking direct questions). That's a big no-no. Leave it to her to broach the subject.

You want to give her the impression that you like hanging out/talking with her, but you can (and will) live without her. Put the pressure on her, otherwise you'll find yourself spinning in circles going mad.

All from my experience/and IMHO.

It might also help if you give the impression that there are other women around you/interested in you. This makes girls more interested in you rather than less for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom