• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, the hotdog eating contest is Friday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bjork said:
But see, you've probably got an alternate account... since this one existed before Serafitia was gone.
As any mod to do their homework, you'll see I got an ok from one of them and only started posting with this one and when the other was perma'd. I will not return this time in any way, shape, or form.

bjork

Blackace said:
I'll bite.. But you need to layout the rules in details. Like what happens if they both lose and so on..

Well, so far it seems like:

Kobayashi v. Chestnut is the wager at hand. It doesn't matter if either of them win the contest, just that Kobayashi beats Chestnut. In the event of a tie, it's a wash and no one wins or loses the bet.

Kobayashi loses: bjork gone for 12 months
Kobayashi wins: God's Beard gone for 6 months

The only request I have over last year is that I would like to get the time to make a final post before my ban takes effect, though. I work on July 4 and won't know the result until I get to work... last year I got up to check the board and I was already banned.

Though, I think GB is a cool poster, so if I win, I would like to have the option to waive his ban and just give him a demeaning tag and/or unchangeable avatar. If he'd like to do this with me as well, that's fine, but I can do the year just as easily.

Verboten said:
As any mod to do their homework, you'll see I got an ok from one of them and only started posting with this one and when the other was perma'd. I will not return this time in any way, shape, or form.

You know, out of everyone here, I'm the one who wants the most to take you at your word. But... well, you don't have a track record of being an honest person. Sorry.

One on hand, Bjork being gone means that the hilarious stories and generally good posting style of him would be gone. On the other hand, Bjork being gone means that he will miss The Dark Knight release.

I say don't do it.

bjork

Linkzg said:
One on hand, Bjork being gone means that the hilarious stories and generally good posting style of him would be gone. On the other hand, Bjork being gone means that he will miss The Dark Knight release.

I say don't do it.

I don't even care about Baleman Continues. Hell, I didn't see Baleman Begins until it was out on DVD for quite awhile. So even if I was gonna trash TDK, it'd be next year at the earliest anyway.

Rezbit

I like the idea of shitty, unchangeable-avatar or tag bets better. With ban bets, no matter the result, WE LOSE ONE OF OUR OWN.

bjork

So then either way, the bet will satisfy. Should there be a time limit on the avatar? A year sounds fair to me.

bjork

perfectchaos007 said:
I want Joey Chesnut from USA to win, but I don't want bjork to be banned :(

Either way, I lose.

Even after that blog post, you still want him to win? Even Reagan wouldn't pull for a guy that cocky.

bjork said:
I don't even care about Baleman Continues. Hell, I didn't see Baleman Begins until it was out on DVD for quite awhile. So even if I was gonna trash TDK, it'd be next year at the earliest anyway.

Well, still don't go. Swear you won't bet. SWEAR TO ME.

bjork

Linkzg said:
Well, still don't go. Swear you won't bet. SWEAR TO ME.

It's already a done deal, since blackace is MC of the event and all. And if I get axed, hopefully a year from now I'm in some other job and settled in well enough to tell stories about that one.

smurfx

get some go again
bjork said:
[edit - the avatar pic is from way early in the POST YOUR PICS thread, and I think the user was NLB2K? He's the dude with the curly hair. He posted it, and I liked the black guy in the back, so he is my avatar. :p]
lol and here i thought you were that black guy.

painey

here's a pic i took when i was in america in may
2623804939_2bdfdb4d02_b.jpg

Fifty

What did Joey Chesnut ever do to you, Bjork? Sure he's cocky, but most great American Champions are. Stop being so un-patriotic and quit betting your life against the Chestnut year after year.

You make me sick!

sandwitch1.jpg

bjork said:
Well, so far it seems like:

Kobayashi v. Chestnut is the wager at hand. It doesn't matter if either of them win the contest, just that Kobayashi beats Chestnut. In the event of a tie, it's a wash and no one wins or loses the bet.

Kobayashi loses: bjork gone for 12 months
Kobayashi wins: God's Beard gone for 6 months

The only request I have over last year is that I would like to get the time to make a final post before my ban takes effect, though. I work on July 4 and won't know the result until I get to work... last year I got up to check the board and I was already banned.

Though, I think GB is a cool poster, so if I win, I would like to have the option to waive his ban and just give him a demeaning tag and/or unchangeable avatar. If he'd like to do this with me as well, that's fine, but I can do the year just as easily.

You know, out of everyone here, I'm the one who wants the most to take you at your word. But... well, you don't have a track record of being an honest person. Sorry.

I reserve the right to choose between your banning and a demeaning tag at my whim when Chestnut defends America's crown.

Blackace, I've bitten.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Kipz said:
I would hate to see a Rocky-type montage based on training for this event.

Search Youtube for "Wing bowl". There is a documentary of a guy preparing for a wing eating championship on there. Pretty disgusting training but at the same time it was fascinating.

bjork

God's Beard said:
I reserve the right to choose between your banning and a demeaning tag at my whim when Chestnut defends America's crown.

Blackace, I've bitten.

Alright! The bet is on!

But Chestnut is going to choke, sorry!

bjork

Lonestar said:
So, basically, the bet is just for a demeaning tag...

Or the year. I'll do a year if it will make you happy, because I'm a man of the people.

In fact! Even if he chooses the tag, I will still not post for a year. At least that way I can still search and continue compiling my work stories.

Maybe you and me should bet on that! :p

bjork

My general shall not fall in battle! I think the 2-minute difference really benefits Kobayashi unfairly, but a win is a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom