• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Unreal Tournament has some really nice Synthesizer Magic going on in its Soundtracks (Music Discussion)...

I recently been hooked to Michiel Van Den Bos's synthesizer work i thought it was Alexander Brandon actually, More precisely the more ambient tracks with lovely Pads combined with quick repetitive acid synthesizing arpeggio which there are actually a nice varied collection of in most of the Unreal Tournament games.
My thirst wasn't settled with just the original soundtracks so I then started discovering a lot of nice remixes from fan producers and i thought i would share some of the best ones I been able to come across.
I also hope that other Gaffers might introduce me to some of their own favorite fan producers or remixes involved with Unreal tournament or other Twitchy FPS shooter games.
as for my contribution there are these two pieces below.

first one is a Concept track to UT 4 not sure if that game is still being developed on... its by artist Timothy Seals if you like this piece you should most certainly take a look through his other works as well.

Second one is a classic track remastered with all new Synthesizing by a very talented person in sound design...
to be honest i don't know if i should have included this or"Botpack 9" they are both equally well done from same person. give a like to
Necto Ulin if you don't mind.

I was always a big fan of the music from the original unreal tournament and still find myself randomly humming it all these years later.

makaveli60

Thank you for this topic OP. Unreal Tournament is one of my all-time favorite game (series). Music is one of the key reasons for it. The music is incredible, sometimes I even listened to it in the car and while playing other games. I can't tell you how many times I tried to find similar music to listen to while playing DriveClub but I just couldn't determine the genre. Maybe drum n bass is the one that is the closest to it? Anyway, I hope people will post many more songs like these in this topic. If only Epic made a full-fledged UT instead of Fortnite... then a new Jazz Jackrabbit :)

Thank you for this topic OP. Unreal Tournament is one of my all-time favorite game (series). Music is one of the key reasons for it. The music is incredible, sometimes I even listened to it in the car and while playing other games. I can't tell you how many times I tried to find similar music to listen to while playing DriveClub but I just couldn't determine the genre. Maybe drum n bass is the one that is the closest to it? Anyway, I hope people will post many more songs like these in this topic. If only Epic made a full-fledged UT instead of Fortnite... then a new Jazz Jackrabbit :)

I will be around with a few more interesting pieces, also please notice that nearly all of the Necto Ulin videos has MP3 file links in 320 bitrate on his Google Drive.
and i personally took pleasure in getting all of them down to my Hard drive for future enjoyment without the shackles of Youtube.

makaveli60

I will be around with a few more interesting pieces, also please notice that nearly all of the Necto Ulin videos has MP3 file links in 320 bitrate on his Google Drive.
and i personally took pleasure in getting all of them down to my Hard drive for future enjoyment without the shackles of Youtube.
Thank you. Eagerly waiting!

To contribute:

I don't like it as much as the ones you posted but this one is not bad either IMO.

So I just found this one from Michiel Van Den Bos which is supposed to be geared towards UT 4 sounds exciting sharing for good measure

this next one is a bit more chilled and this artist has been featured on Overclocked Remixes so might be a familiarity by some of the more VGM oriented people..
His works is available for free as a FLAC compilation release (500 mb) https://phrakture.bandcamp.com/album/unofficial-remix-collection

This one isn't part of the compilation though so might want to give that one a listen.

Last edited:

makaveli60

So I just found this one from Michiel Van Den Bos which is supposed to be geared towards UT 4 sounds exciting sharing for good measure

this next one is a bit more chilled and this artist has been featured on Overclocked Remixes so might be a familiarity by some of the of the more VGM oriented people..
His works is available for free as a FLAC compilation release (500 mb) https://phrakture.bandcamp.com/album/unofficial-remix-collection

This one isn't part of the compilation though so might want to give that one a listen.

Van Den Bos(s) is killing it once again.

PsyEd

I ripped all music from ut99 using modplug aka openmpt and had in my then og ipod...good times. Facing worlds was my fav map with fav music. Ahh the good ol days...

Top Bottom