• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So what publisher makes the worst PC ports?

Menitta

Nintendo & Sony.

original.jpg

Bethesda, DOOM is probably the only good PC port. Every other engine their published games run on are ass. Bethesda developed games still have physics tied to framerate, then you've got RAGE, both Wolfenstein games, Dishonored 2...

Ubisoft too, but they're getting good. Rainbow Six Siege, The Division, and Watch Dogs 2 are pretty damn good. I haven't played Steep, so I'm not sure how the port is for that. Looking forward to the next Assassin's Creed.

Rockstar, though mostly because they milked the shit out of GTA V, and they're doing the same with Red Dead Redemption 2. They don't want potential console version sales to be lost to the PC crowd, so they delay the hell out of the port. They rely on double and triple dippers. Plus, lol at day 1/week 1 issues for GTA V on PC that prevented people with an @ in their Windows username from playing.

FromSoftware, Dark Souls 1 still hasn't been fixed, and Dark Souls 2's durability issues were only fixed in Scholars of the First Sin post-console release, showing how little they care about the complaints from PC gamers. Dark Souls 3 still has a framerate limit of 60fps. Funny enough, Dark Souls 1 is the only one in the series that has cloud-saving on Steam.

How are Bethesda the worst? Their engine is exactly the same as on consoles, the same amount of bugs/performance issues and the performance issues arent even that bad as most of their games can be played on potatoes. Their engine for Fallout/Skyrim isnt great but its far from worst.Wolfenstein and Rage ran great though I agree the megatextures was bs but that applied to consoles as well. Dishonored 2's port was just handled poorly by people who were at the same time working on a different engine. I only remember GTA 4 running badly regarding Rockstar, all their other games were great ports. Regarding Ubisoft they've changed for the better and From Software, I dont know.. Dark Souls 1 was a mess, but DS2 and 3 ran perfectly for me. The issues regarding poise/durability are gameplay issues not port issues.

Braag

I haven't bought a single Koei Tecmo game, cause I've never heard a good thing about their ports.

Eila

I haven't bought a single Koei Tecmo game, cause I've never heard a good thing about their ports.

Me mostly for the prices. I'd check out Toukiden for maybe $15. They didn't even bother including the DLC, you have to buy them separate.

The first reply didn't fail.

The main problem with K-T ports is that they don't even do things which would be incredibly easy to do, and that there isn't any clear upwards trajectory visible in their efforts so far.

They frustrate me more than any other developer/publisher..

I'd actually buy some of their games if they supported arbitrary resolution.. but they don't.. so I don't buy their games.

Dragon Quest Heroes with its anime style graphics would have looked amazing in 4k.. but it only supports 1080p at the top end.. it's a real shame.

Momentary

Banned
The only KT published game I'll even think of picking up on PC is Atelder Firis. But that's because it's not made by one of their assembly line studios, so hopefully the port quality will be up to par.

gypsygib

Forza Apex still doesn't work on my 970. Just stutters constantly and often gets stuck at 15 FPS even in the menus.

Top Bottom