• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So when do we think we will finally get Switch rewards on My Nintendo?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
With all of the info or not info we got over the past month or so where do we think this leaves Switch rewards on My Nintendo?

Online subscription service has been pushed to 2018. No VC announcement around E3. No Switch games as part of Nintendo's E3 sale. Plus no real talk of My Nintendo.

So where do you think that puts My Nintendo Switch rewards other than just Coming Soon™?

Bakercat

Probably next year when all the online stuff kicks in. I can't wait to spend my gold coins on a 10% discount coupon for urban champion when it's announced as the first virtual console game to come to the switch!

I expect late 2017 after some more major firmware updates. I remember you couldn't do the weekly "login into e-shop" mission by entering Switch e-shop, don't know it's fixed or not, if not then that's the first thing they need to do.

On the other hand, there're four in-game Splatoon 2 gears that's a preorder bonus from 7-11 in Japan. Nintendo says they'll be My Nintendo rewards in 2018. So I believe we'll get Switch rewards in early 2018 at the latest.

Who knows? They didn't give us ANY info about the Switch itself at E3. No mention of when streaming apps are coming, new Switch features, no My Nintendo Rewards info. Its actually really bizarre and frustrating.

antibolo

Banned
I have 140 gold coins expiring this month and there's not even 140 worth of stuff to buy, unless you count the stupid discounts (yeah nice try Nintendo, I'm not going to spend real money for the privilege to spend my fake money).

Vanillalite

I have 140 gold coins expiring this month and there's not even 140 worth of stuff to buy, unless you count the stupid discounts (yeah nice try Nintendo, I'm not going to spend real money for the privilege to spend my fake money).

I'd take discounts over nothing at all at this point. *Shrugs*

Nesther

Maybe they're considering revamping the whole thing again, which is why it's taking so long. Hopefully by the end of the year we'll get some news.

Vanillalite

Gold expires? That's shitty.

Honestly though, especially if gold expires, they need to put stuff up for Switch-only users.

Nintendo FAQ

Do My Nintendo Points Expire?

Applies to: My Nintendo

Yes. Different types of points are valid for different lengths of time:

Gold Points are valid until the last day of the month 12 months after you earn them. (For example, points earned on April 15th 2016 would expire on April 30th 2017.)

Platinum Points (all types) are valid until the last day of the month 6 months after you earn them. (For example, points earned on April 15th 2016 would expire on October 30th 2016.)

antibolo

Banned
I'd take discounts over nothing at all at this point. *Shrugs*

But then they're tricking you into spending real money on games you wouldn't have bought otherwise, because you feel like you need to spend those coins before they expire.

It's pretty insidious.

JayBabay

So should I not link Gold points to my account anymore until they actually release something for the Switch on there?

Theres surely gotta be some random indie game on the switch eshop that's selling fuck all by now that the dev could ask nintendo to do a gold discount on? Seriously i got points to spend

Theres surely gotta be some random indie game on the switch eshop that's selling fuck all by now that the dev could ask nintendo to do a gold discount on? Seriously i got points to spend

Aren't Street Fighter games the only non-Nintendo titles to show up on MyNintendo?

Other than that they seem to only offer Nintendo rewards.

Gradon

To be fair, they don't have to release Switch stuff before the points expire. They're "free points". I really dislike the system we have now, much preferred the superior Club Nintendo system that the 3DS and Wii U used.

Top Bottom