• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some additional Dark Souls 2 details

yeah i know..but i didn't had enough strenght,because,as i have already said,my character was more of a nimble warrior with lot of dexterity and stamina..with an havel armour i was barely capable to move.

basically,to beat them you have to deal enough damage in a short amount of time,and you can do it if

a)you have sheer power
b)you have enough defense to sustain damage and not deplete all your stamina defending,so that you don't waste too much time avoiding damage and can focus on attack most of the time
c)both

if you don't have those,yourr only chanmce is to go back and return when you can deal enough damage..while at pretty much every other boss (except the O&S duo),i could just focusing on avoiding damage and counter,depleting boss life little by little

You don't have to defend against them if you just keep moving to their back. 75% percent of their attacks miss when you're behind them.

Thorgal

Great .

imagine the horror of fighting a boss while at the same time have a gank squad thrown into the fray

Oh FROM you really want my tears .don't you ?

Wont there eventually be too many candles for the game to handle? I guess it will have to hit a limit.
It's a brilliant idea, best foreshadowing of a boss fight ever. Invading someone's game to fight along a boss... Damn... Better bring some blue phantoms along for the party.

Orayn

I don't get the complaints about jumping with L3. It's a little tougher to press, sure, but that's a very good safeguard to make sure you don't jump by accident, and it opens up the door to dodging right out of a sprint.

demidar

I don't get the complaints about jumping with L3. It's a little tougher to press, sure, but that's a very good safeguard to make sure you don't jump by accident, and it opens up the door to dodging right out of a sprint.

I don't know, it's pretty easy to accidentally tilt in a different direction when you click the stick. It's fine in games like COD because not being 90% accurate doesn't lead to you falling to your death and losing all your souls.

I also don't like the feeling of clicking in the sticks but that's personal preference.

Despera

Banned
I remember one time I was fighting against Sif and was sprinting towards him when I accidentally jumped instead of rolling and ended up dead.

I mostly get the timing right, but very rarely I would miscalculate and click circle a little bit too early after a sprint.

Assigning a different button for jumping sounds good, but why L3? X is pretty useless so why not switch it to that?

Arjen

If you block while sprinting you can dodge out of sprint as well.

Zaventem

Humanity is 100% heal, of course it will be faster. However you were also defenseless while using it.

How is making 100% heal witth the same cast time more balanced? This is what humanity and current estus heal speeds are.

ibruNBUoFs19s0.gif

These are Dark Souls 2 estus and lifegem current heal speeds for the demo.
iAMjiy5whZeFg.gif

Zaventem

Does it actually matter? Won't the healing items still heal their set amount with no interruptions?

I know humanity heal can be interrupted( during the heal) if you catch a backstab or get hit, i haven't booted up the game in so long i have no idea if it works the same for estus.

deuce985

Banned
Awesome. I've been begging for more PvP boss encounters like the Monk from the first game. Can't wait to add people as candles and make them a statistic!!

ArynCrinn

Banned
I love what I just read, more difficult Dark Souls is better Dark Souls IF they don't ruin everything else amazing about it.

demidar

Does it actually matter? Won't the healing items still heal their set amount with no interruptions?

I know humanity heal can be interrupted( during the heal) if you catch a backstab or get hit, i haven't booted up the game in so long i have no idea if it works the same for estus.

Lifegems can be used while moving and with very little delay. That makes them way better than estus flasks, especially at the speed and strength of healing they provide.

Tilian

Banned
This is probably too specific a question at this point, but I wonder if anybody has been able to tell from the gameplay videos that the target lock-on ends the exact moment the enemy dies?

I hate that extra split-second of lock-on when I'm trying to move onto the next thing.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
There wasn't any change in light intensity when i took out the lamp. That's called bad feedback, even tought it is an user error. But they gave me bad feedback, so i couldnt correct my mistake.

Btw, im playing the game withouth using any kind of help. So im in the vast minority of players."

I'm pretty sure the "vast minority" (myself included) didn't have this problem. If you found you could equip the lantern in your right hand, surely it would occur to you that it's possible to use it in the left. Not to mention the fact that the lantern is only one of three ways to counter the darkness of the tomb. Please stop complaining about "bad design" and "bad feedback" and accept that this was simply your own mistake. Try being more thorough from now on/when playing DS2.

For me they were almost perfect. Evade and run on "B" doesnt make sense to me. Should be on "A"

I have a Japanese PS3, so X/O (A/B) are reversed for almost every game. I agree that it's much more intuitive this way. Control mapping (or at least variations) should really be standard in this day and age!

LogicStep

I didn't know there would be warping from the start. That's great! I won't be using it much unless I have to. I enjoy having to tread through a bunch of stuff in Dark Souls. You don't have to use it even if it's there! Just be happy we have it in case we do need it!

Top Bottom