• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some details about the next assassins creed title.

Sepp

Banned
Paris is cool.

I don't care about London, its totally overused in popular culture since the people there happen to speak english (just like New York).

I would have liked something completely different though, like Egypt.

Ding-Ding

Paris is cool.

I don't care about London, its totally overused in popular culture since the people there happen to speak english (just like New York).

I would have liked something completely different though, like Egypt.

I love the way you describe how the English just 'happen' to speak English (I know what you meant).

I do agree though in part because Victorian London has been used too much in cultural terms. In honesty though, its mainly the Georgian era (late era) thats overused because of authors like Jane Austen.

Thats why I think the Stuart period would be a better fit for the game, as if anything its been underused as it sits between Georgian & Elizabethan era's

demolitio

There are the rumors that Osiris is being retooled into an AC game...

That's what I'm hoping for. Let's go to settings we NEVER see. It's not like the muskets are integral to the game now and I think Egypt could have some really great exploring and unique events that would be amazing to be a part of.

I think them going more and more modern is a mistake. The game was immediately talked about due to the unique settings that made you feel like you were exploring history in a way you've never seen before.

New leaked picture - inside Ubisoft Montreal from reddit user

1393007612494.jpg

The pictures they usually have hung up on that wall are characters they're promoting at the time, last year it was Edward

Hexa

1393007612494.jpg

The pictures they usually have hung up on that wall are characters they're promoting at the time, last year it was Edward

Is he holding a pistol? Angle looks weird for Assassin's blade.

Alienous

1393007612494.jpg

Should have been female.

Ubisoft, this was your chance.

Christ. Sam Fisher, Aiden Pierce and New Assassin might as well be one character.

Prophezz

Banned
OP, I believe you and that guy leaking the information. The chances of some random person (that doesn't look like a typical gamer) to disclose some information based on a game they see you playing is rather slim, so anytime that happens I wouldn't just take their information with a grain of salt.

I was really hoping they'd take the series somewhere more interesting than that. Japan would have been nice, or China. But the fact that I'm vaguely disappointed by the leaks makes me think all the more that they're true.

Squire

Banned

1393007612494.jpg

If it's real it was taken during their preview event last week.

DVCY201

So, is this verified? Do we have substantial proof that this information is, at the very least, in the right direction? Truthfully, I could believe it. I know plenty of people have been clamoring for the setting. Ubisoft usually does their formal reveals around this time don't they? Followed up by a heavy E3 presence.

Although what are the chances that both leaks would occur on a flight! Ha, the probability is probably the equivalent to getting hit by lightning twice.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Wasn't Black Flag leaked from some laptop on a flight?
Ubisoft company handbook, page 1 (2015 edition):

Welcome to Ubisoft! We hope you enjoy your time with us. Here are a few pointers to help get you started:

-DO NOT SHARE VITAL COMPANY ASSETS WHILE AIRBORNE

Squire

Banned
So, is this verified? Do we have substantial proof that this information is, at the very least, in the right direction? Truthfully, I could believe it. I know plenty of people have been clamoring for the setting. Ubisoft usually does their formal reveals around this time don't they? Followed up by a heavy E3 presence.

Although what are the chances that both leaks would occur on a flight! Ha, the probability is probably the equivalent to getting hit by lightning twice.

OP is the same dude that leaked ACIV's code name and some other details last year. The Examiner writer backing him up also has a good track record. There was a preview event at Ubisoft Momtreal just last week and the last two ACs have had pre-reveal leaks almost exactly like this.

I was honestly waiting on a picture and now we have one. There's like a 99% chance everything stated so far is true. We should know next week. TitanFall is out Tuesday, so they'll probably announce Wednesday at the soonest to really have the spotlight.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm just shocked they haven't milked the Scarlet Pimpernel yet.
Ubi has some bland MCs. Hell, Aiden seems like a parody of the issue, from what we've heard.

Making the main character female wasn't going to make her magically not bland. Also, Edward was far from bland.

PowderedToast

that looks like a blue outfit to me, starting to believe the OP

although there's never been an AC that includes two different countries, has there? that sounds odd to me.

I like the setting if true (and I'm beginning to believe the OT). The French Revolution and Paris/London seems like a fantastic setting for an Assassins Creed game. I really really hope us Brits aren't the baddies again. It would be nice to kill some Frenchmen for a change. I'm also glad they abandoned the small boring cities of the Americas for a return to the massive climbable cities that made the series great.

sjay1994

1393007612494.jpg

Something is bugging me about this pic.

I mean, the positioning seems ridiculously off.

Not to mention, why would you place promotional material right in front of your place of work for an unannounced game? Thats like walking into ND and seeing posters and stuff for uncharted 4. They usually keep this stuff underwraps, and don't post it up especially in a place that any visitors can see. And if you look up the making of AC 3 and AC4 from IGN, you see that there is nothing in front of the staircase.

This was probably photo shopped.

Jonah

Neo Member
Or, maybe they knew someone would eventually take a pic and this is just another way to tease the game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They gotta break away from the hood thing already, man. It was fine in the first game, but it's looked completely out of place ever since.

Mendax

that looks like a blue outfit to me, starting to believe the OP

although there's never been an AC that includes two different countries, has there? that sounds odd to me.

the first AC was set in both the kingdom of jerusalem and i think the seljuq sultanate, the second in the republics of florence and venice, the fourth has colonies of spain, england and an independent pirates republic. Although always in the same region the AC games have never been constrained by national borders, and as paris and london can also be said to be in the same region I dont see why it couldnt happen (maybe with free sailing / naval combat between the two cities) ^^

Vizzeh

Banned
Well, leaks are the new PR statement, get hype built up and the peons chattering.

Sounds like a cool story, people say London is over-used, I disagree. The thing about London is it does not have 1 face like many think it does, it changed ALOT over its history, it has many era's, most of it interesting. Look forward to it if true, paris also sounds intriguing,

Both cities will be great for roof-top running.

Top Bottom