• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some details about the next assassins creed title.

Probity

You know, I am actually pretty satisfied if this ends up being fully true. A lot of people don't like Victorian London (Paris in this case, guys, it looks like everyone is forgetting), but a ton do. It is really good atmospherically for a lot of games, even without steampunk concepts.

Other than atmosphere, the information in the OP can lead to a lot of promising inferences. If we look back, there is no way that Ubi would throw away all the Naval stuff they have been working on to this point. That can mean some good things when it comes to travel. Sort of supports any time in England here. Also the mention of a handgun poses a lot of new aspects.

It means a bigger emphasis on stealth or use of the environment if you don't want to get shot up, and provides a new aspect to the list of mechanics. It builds off the free aim from BF. Also, if it is Victorian than it also builds the naval aspect - assuming it exists. Think of the customization or upgrades for your ship if this is the case. If not, well, we should be getting a Villa again. Hopefully it is better this time around. The Homestead was almost good in III.

Amir0x

Banned
Now THIS era would be rad for an Assassin's Creed game. Perfect cities for assassination, very impressive structures.

Yes, yes. This will do

Because it's fake, made with this somewhat popular wallpaper of London
http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Random/wallpaper_london_destroyed_small.jpg

So OP is either telling the truth and the guy was indeed from Ubisoft showing him the next AC, OP is lying and winging it and just dodged a bullet, or OP is telling the truth but the guy on the plane was playing him for a fool.

Given Ubisoft's past record of leaking on planes, and OP identifying a fake prior to the rest of the thread catching it, I'm definitely siding with the idea of OP being honest here.

Squire

Banned
So OP is either telling the truth and the guy was indeed from Ubisoft showing him the next AC, OP is lying and winging it and just dodged a bullet, or OP is telling the truth but the guy on the plane was playing him for a fool.

Given Ubisoft's past record of leaking on planes, and OP identifying a fake prior to the rest of the thread catching it, I'm definitely siding with the idea of OP being honest here.

Well, yeah. He had no incentive whatsoever to call that out as fake

Now THIS era would be rad for an Assassin's Creed game. Perfect cities for assassination, very impressive structures.

Yes, yes. This will do

It certainly will, Havana from AC4 was the closest thing we got which was as big and grand as the cities in AC1-ACR, but just not grand enough, it lacked the scale of the previous cities. Not to mention we barely spent any time in the city during the main campaign.

Jb

The actual man who inspired the characters that inspired Sherlock Holmes is way more interesting in the first place.

I just really want to see this bastard (Eugène François Vidocq - July 24, 1775 – May 11, 1857, France) explored in the AC universe.

Oh God you just reminded me of that terrible early 00s movie.

69215342_af.jpg

I'm only like an hour into ACIV and I bought it more than a month ago. It's getting harder and harder to play these games. Too similar, too soon.

dex3108

This year Ubisoft is doing good job keeping AC V setting a secret. But in another hand with this much "leaks" it is not hard to keep setting a secret :D

rdrr gnr

French revolution would be boring, actually. If it is set in Paris and London, I would rather bet on XVIIth century, with Musketeers and English revolution, maybe inspired by the work of Dumas.
Yup. If there is one thing that stands out about the French Revolution it's how boring it was. Nailed it.

sjay1994

"A new Assassin appears during the full moon."

My twitter client says that was posted 11 hours ago though. So let's say 10AM PST. In what part of the world would a full moon be out at that time? (Obviously you need to convert to that locations time.)

Edit: Is that a woman?!

Yeah, r/assassinscreed did some digging on this and found a small diary about this character

Hey guys. We have established contact with an Assassin in Moscow, Galina Voronina.
So this is awkward: she wants us to assassinate her mother, an Assassin scientist who went nuts. Apparently this lady built her own Animus and forced the other members of her cell into it!
The mother's holed up inside the lab, but, to get to her, we have to fight through the remains of the Russian Brotherhood, driven insane by the Bleeding Effect.
It gets worse: this old bat might be the craziest of all. She swears that through the Animus, she's talking to Eve.
That's…unsettling.
I remain your humble spy.

Squire

Banned
Yeah, r/assassinscreed did some digging on this and found a small diary about this character

Hey guys. We have established contact with an Assassin in Moscow, Galina Voronina.
So this is awkward: she wants us to assassinate her mother, an Assassin scientist who went nuts. Apparently this lady built her own Animus and forced the other members of her cell into it!
The mother's holed up inside the lab, but, to get to her, we have to fight through the remains of the Russian Brotherhood, driven insane by the Bleeding Effect.
It gets worse: this old bat might be the craziest of all. She swears that through the Animus, she's talking to Eve.
That's…unsettling.
I remain your humble spy.

Ah, who wrote this? Shaun?

Where did they get it?

nero2082

I knew OP was legit, story was so random but well, life is series of random events so I thought it definitely could happen ;)

great "leak" man

Prophezz

Banned
So i was on a flight earlier today and playing liberation on my vita when the guy sitting next to me asked me what i thought about the game. I said it was pretty good to which he said that i will probably love the next one too. I told him that i already played black flag to which he smiled at me and said the one after that. Turns out that the guy was someone close to the series (dev/pr) and although he didn't disclose what exactly his position was, he did give me a fair bit of info on the upcoming title. My day was literally made when towards the end of our conversation he showed me a short clip about the game on his ipad. Mind you the guy was a not a native english speaker so there might be some errors in what he meant and i what i am posting here.

set in paris and england (london?)

main characters name is arno/harno something. will be heading the french divison of assassins.

looks to be set after the ezio period, character had handgun.

looks like victorian era judging by the way npc dressed, architecture, horse carriages parked on the streets.

Villa management is back. MC has his own villa (guy says its ezio's villa from AC:B). dunno if it makes any sense geographically or it might be a mistranslation.

codename is AC:unity. Not final title, might be battle/fight something (cant remember). The AC logo is cut in the middle like the beyond/quantum break logo.

MC has a blue suit with a tinge of red in the clip(might change). looked similar to the ones worn by the Knights in order 1886.

from the clip it looks like a cross gen title. Although the guy tells me its next gen only title.

Visually looked quiet decent but it was ver early footage. Had fantastic draw distance and crowd density was much higher than the older games despite them appearing/disappearing from thin air.

Thats all for now. I'll post if i remember anything more.

Bam!

Assassin's Creed Unity may be one of two Assassin's Creed games releasing this fall. Unity, according to Kotaku, will release on Xbox One and PS4, and is set at least partially in 18th century Paris. The other, codenamed Comet, will release on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Early screenshots obtained by Kotaku showcase Parisian locales such as Notre Dame and the Seine River, as well as a new male assassin adorned in a black uniform, brandishing a rapier, and holstering at least one pistol. Also notable is the button interface, which introduces a new "parkour up" and "parkour down" navigation system

Top Bottom