• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some dumb content farm blog spam about "RDR2"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radio

RDR2 will be released as soon as you say "Youth Health" 10 times really quickly without messing up.

Justinh

I followed every link in the article and it led me to this.

http://www.crossmap.com/news/red-de...of-the-us-the-old-west-and-the-old-east-24548

Pure speculation

Who the hell are these guys, lol?
There's still no release date for 'Red Dead Redemption 2', but it seems like we won't see it anytime this year.

It is believed that 'Red Dead Redemption 2' going to be released on PS4, Xbox One, and PC October next year.
Well, I'm convinced. Also ParentHeraldGuide, MovieNewsGuide, and ChristianToday say the same thing so it must be true.

The whole Japan thing would be neat since when I think of westerns, funnily enough stuff like Seven Samurai and Sanjuro come to mind. I don't like seeing them use the word "theory" either.
Sounds like it ultimately boils down to "two anticipated titles this year"

mxQQEyi.jpg

bombshell

I know the source is not reliable but it would make sense, they said they were impressed by Bethesdas strategy with Fallout, maybe it's time for their first reveal at an E3 - WHY NOT
#BELIEVE

Truth be told, Fallout 4 was announced in the run-up to E3, not at E3.

R* can do the same, they don't need an event like E3.

zkorejo

Lol. Youth Health Mag.. Rockstar announcing a game at E3... Rockstar announcing the game and releasing the game in the same year.

No. Rockstar will announce it on their website with some sort of a trailer and the game will be set for release a year after its announcement. Then it will get delayed twice and will be released on the second or third year.

So, a day after Red Dead Redemption is announced backwards compatible on Xbox One, almost immediately a Red Dead Redemption 2 for PS4 is being talked about on some website I've never heard of. Yep, as if we don't already know what's going on here.

SomTervo

Parent Herald is my favourite cited source

"The Parent Herald says it's coming out in the Q4 2016!"

*no link*

*googles Parent Herald*

*is a parenting/midwifery website*

*nothing about Red Dead on there*

*is sad*

-------------------------------

The only thing in this whole rabbit hole which is cool and I could personally believe was this tidbit from one of the stupid articles:

According to another Redditor, who goes by the name of AnonDN1978, “Red Dead Redemption 2” shall have three additional playable characters. Accordingly, the first two characters will be Irish and Seth. Irish is said to be bank teller from Kansas City while Seth is someone from Ireland who migrated to America.

The goal of the two main characters is to look for hidden treasure. Both characters will meet in Tumbleweed, Texas. The third character will apparently be created by the players, and will be a gun-for-hire of sorts, quite like the playable character in “GTA V.”

I mean, it's clearly still a load of shit, but it would be a good idea having one character who is the actual player-agent.

Consumer

It's no surprise that RDR3 is their next game; as I've said, they've been hinting at it for years since their GTAV Q&A.

The source may not be credible, but RDR is undoubtedly their next game.

That reminds me of the old Google Now "gaming" news feed. Always some Christian website with the release date for No Man's Sky. Every week. They'd obviously found a way to game Google, likely related to this rabbit warren method of hyperlinking.

SomTervo

Seems legit guys, this is the type of investigative reporting I expect from health mags.

top-tier stuff

FHM are my go-to if youthhealthmag don't come through

Wow what a bunch of bs.

The only true thing in there as far as I can tell is that Strauss Zelnick did say (a couple of years ago) that “it seems quite obvious that Red Dead is a permanent franchise” http://www.gamespot.com/articles/an...-dead-redemption-2-is-happening/1100-6419966/

Yeah, at least that part is legit and we basically know there is another RDR in the pipeline.

bombshell

Maybe they could show a teaser few days ago, and then full reveal at Sony or MS briefing

They can just put up a countdown on their website and that would get as many viewers ready for the reveal as a Sony or MS press conference has viewers. So I think they don't care about E3.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
It's no surprise that RDR3 is their next game; as I've said, they've been hinting at it for years since their GTAV Q&A.

The source may not be credible, but RDR is undoubtedly their next game.

I wouldn't be so sure. GTA has proven it can sell 60+ million copies, RDR sits at 14. Mass appeal for a GTA is much larger.

Radio

The only thing in this whole rabbit hole which is cool and I could personally believe was this tidbit from one of the stupid articles:

According to another Redditor, who goes by the name of AnonDN1978, “Red Dead Redemption 2” shall have three additional playable characters. Accordingly, the first two characters will be Irish and Seth. Irish is said to be bank teller from Kansas City while Seth is someone from Ireland who migrated to America.

I mean, it's clearly still a load of shit, but it would be a good idea having one character who is the actual player-agent.

I love that there is a character named Irish, and he's from Kansas City, and the character from Ireland is named Seth. Please let that be true.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
This is like those Kpop blogs that leaked phony Halo news. I'll get all of these domains added to the ban list and lock the thread.

bombshell

I wouldn't be so sure. GTA has proven it can sell 60+ million copies, RDR sits at 14. Mass appeal for a GTA is much larger.

GTA is a much longer running franchise and GTA V is a huge increase sales wise from just GTA IV (more than double I think).

The next Red Dead has the potential to sell much more than 14 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom