• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

some guy leaked FFXV's story six months ago | up: newer 4chan stuff as of Dec 9th

Trago

I believe in an interview Tabata said when he took over development, the date the game would ship was already decided and he had to do his best to meet that date. Not surprising.

Wow, that's depressing. Especially if the dev team felt that the game was unfinished. The dev process must have been a scramble.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Even if I don't fully believe this I'm still incredibly angry that so much stuff was "cut".
To be fair, while playing the game, it's really obvious where *insert scene here* belongs. Connecting the dots isn't that hard to do.

I kind of expected that going in. Metal Gear Solid V, the other development hell game of this gen, didn't even have a story to piece together.

I'm not saying it's acceptable, don't get me wrong.

Also, my bet: Snowy Shiva area is in Prompto DLC.

Zafir

Apparently the game only had three years of actual development time on it (FFXV).

Nomura really didn't do jack shit did he?

I mean while XIII and it's many sequels were being developed, we knew they were pulling a lot of staff from VsXIII for it.

jett

D-Member
Looking back at the E3 trailer it sort of makes sense? I would love to read the original script some day.

It would be an interesting read. I assume Nomura is forbidden under pain of death to say anything about VersusXIII.

Kyoufu

I'm rewatching some of the scenes and it actually does make sense. There are some visual motifs that actually do fit if she was dead all along.

This is legit amazing.

I remember a lot of people thinking she was dead back in 2013. It was the most logical conclusion given the scenes shown.

Noctis talking about his heavy heart, Stella only being a memory... yeah, she's dead, Jim.

Jarmel

Banned
A Final Fantasy where the main character might be flat out crazy or an unreliable narrator would have been great.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I can see Versus XV being pitched as an alternate-universe retelling of XV while bypassing any view of "director's cut", marketing it as "Nomura's vision" and a "new game" while being a reboot.

Looking back at the E3 trailer it sort of makes sense? I would love to read the original script some day.
For some reason I thought you knew the script. That's why you were always so detailed at everything when it came to Versus and XV in my opinion.

I owe you an(other) apology.

Hopefully they won't rush the new IP Tabata and co are working on.
It better not. I mean come on that team dod what they could with someone elses concept basically, a strict deadline(apparently he had to beg according to him for those two extra months of delay) and massive hype to live up to. They don't get a pass for some design decisions but I'll be damned of they don't get some credit for what we got after all that

I'm amazed they managed to put this game out. Sucks that it's basically a shell of what it could have been. At least it's still fun to play and the ending was great.

FFvsXIII leaks make so much sense in hind sight. Noctis always sleeping. Gods of death, dreams, ghosts, illusions, all sound like something Nomura would be into.

At this point I would want Nomura to write down his whole plot outline for Versus XIII. Reading about XV's cut content bums me out.

A Final Fantasy where the main character might be flat out crazy or an unreliable narrator would have been great.

final%2Bfantasy%2Btifa%2Bfighting%2Bcool.gif

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I was going to say that doesn't appeal to me, and then I remembered that Cloud Strife is my favorite protagonist in the medium, heh.

Joqu

It makes way too much sense. Who knows, maybe it IS fake, but I wouldn't have been able to come up with that stuff after the fact, it's way easier to assume Stella was y'know, a regular living person

But then you watch these old trailers, especially E3, and it's just there... It matches up. I'm really thinking this is the real deal. It even works with the way her later scenes were directed

Like this?

ffv13_stella.jpg

It looks pretty eerie looking back at it.

Crazy

Ray Down

Banned
Apparently the game only had three years of actual development time on it (FFXV).

Nomura really didn't do jack shit did he?

Looks like they just scrap what was being planned and did the abridged version, then the team couldn't finish that so we got the abridged remix edition.

It makes way too much sense. Who knows, maybe it IS fake, but I wouldn't have been able to come up with that stuff after the fact, it's way easier to assume Stella was y'know, a regular living person

But then you watch these old trailers, especially E3, and it's just there... It matches up. I'm really thinking this is the real deal. It even works with the way her later scenes were directed

Like this?

ffv13_stella.jpg

Crazy

And her death there is a perfect shakespearen-esque tragedy tii

Astral Dog

I feel sorry for the guy, he is being eating alive and called a faggot like they think he was somehow responsible for how FFXV turned out, that place is nasty :(

WaterAstro

A lot got cut from Nomura's vision. Remember the post 2013 reveal gameplay?
The brohood was fighting in Crown City? All gone.

S-E probably said "we need to make this into a movie" and forced the team to scrap that entire sequence.

Like this?

ffv13_stella.jpg

Crazy

Even just looking at this scene again knowing she's dead:

https://youtu.be/IMhg65dUTbw

It just kinda works. It's impossible to say whether this would've been better, but it does sound pretty fascinating.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So Nomura is a perv and Tabata is an enabler/learned from the best.

Lmao

Sad really. Time to burn Square to the ground
after FF12 hits PC
. They're nothing but trash.

Top Bottom