• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someone Has Found All 900 Korok Seeds In Zelda

That's amazing. Game of the forever.

Honestly blown away that there are so many. I have collected like 30 or so in my playtime....

DMONKUMA

If Hetsu could talk I instantly imagine him at the end going "Congratulations, you're shit." In a Gordon Ramsey voice to the player. While handing them the reward.

Crayolan

lol, Nintendo trolling completionists.

So basically, it's pointless to even go for the Korok Seeds in the first place with that awful reward. Good to know when I eventually pick this game up on Switch.

No, the seeds give you increased inventory space. It's pointless to go out of your way to collect all 900. The average player is probably expected to find less than 100.

I figured it would just be a nice little symbol or something, but wow. That seems rather mean spirited towards collectors and completionists.

See kids, this is what happens when you spew bullshit without playing the game, or at least knowing the mechanics, you look stupid.

No need for the insults, man.

You don't need to get all of them to maximize the inventory.

No, the seeds give you increased inventory space. It's pointless to go out of your way to collect all 900. The average player is probably expected to find less than 100.

Oh, OK.

Can't wait for the 900 Korok Seed speedrun category

I think I'm on like 15 in ~15 hours

Some of em are pretty obvious, but I imagine they get fucking obscure once you hit like 100+

Opa-Pa

Holy shit this is amazing haha. I mean in a way this is even better than the shrines reward because here the game actually acknowledges that there's little else for you to do at that point.

Also ideally you look for these to upgrade your inventory space, not for a surprise reward, so this is just a bonus. They're not "useless".

Edit:

theres so many they had to include a map in the guide showing you them......its fucking insane.....about half is required to max slots though

Welp, never mind then.

jonjonaug

Can't wait for the 900 Korok Seed speedrun category

I think I'm on like 15 in ~15 hours

Some of em are pretty obvious, but I imagine they get fucking obscure once you hit like 100+

If anything they become easier to find the more of them you find, because you pick up on more environmental cues that you may have missed earlier in the game. It's fun to go back to areas you visited tens of hours ago and suddenly you're seeing Koroks everywhere.

Like, I passed by Lake Hylia very early in the game originally, and didn't find a single Korok. I came back after clearing the game to try a sidequest and found 16 of the things lying around.

Skyzard

Banned
I was starting to think I was going to do it to see what kind of awesome weapon, shield or whole outfit they had for me...I'm so glad I decided to spoil myself.

Kind of a shame because the korok seeds are one of my favourite things about the game and probably my favourite collectible ever because of how well implemented it is.

Skatterd

Yeah...I'm kinda thinking all the Korok Seeds are
shit. The description mentions a distinct smell. Collectible open world shit.

ViciousDS

Banned
I was starting to think I was going to do it to see what kind of awesome weapon, shield or whole outfit they had for me...I'm so glad I decided to spoil myself.

Kind of a shame because the korok seeds are one of my favourite things about the game and probably my favourite collectible ever because of how well implemented it is.

I see it as Nintendo's way of saying collectathon games are shit XD.....as in an amazing joke

Sterok

I remember feeling accomplished at finding 90 of them while struggling to figure out where anymore were. And I already knew there are 900 of them. I can't imagine finding them all without a guide, and even with one it would be a huge pain keeping track of them all. Thankfully you're not meant to find nearly all of them, so I think it's a good decision to put this many in.

That'll be the only reason I'll be collecting them, but to get all of them for an awful reward in return? No thanks.

- Nintendo makes collecting all seeds a requirement to max inventory space: "Fuck Nintendo, I want to max out my inventory space without having to spend hundreds of hours searching for every last seed.".
- Nintendo makes it so that you only need half of the seeds, but puts a good reward for collecting 900 seeds: "Fuck Nintendo, they locked a good reward behind spending hundreds of hours searching for every last seed?".
- Nintendo puts a bragging rights reward for collecting 900 seeds: "Fuck Nintendo, they expect me to spend hundreds of hours searching for every last seed for this shitty reward?".

Hindl

And? No one told him to get all 900.

You quoted someone saying Nintendo loves to 'shit' on their fans, in response to finding out the ultimate reward being something that conspicuously looks like a piece of shit. Do you not get the joke the poster you quoted made?

Top Bottom