• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Boom for Wii U (Big Red Button, CryEngine 3) & 3DS (Sanzaru), new subseries

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenTzen

prophetic?
7Z1Wh88.jpg

Ah, here's an ok one with his run. His legs are really odd, and his arms out like that is just like the animation from Sonic 06. Bleh.
Yeah, I'm not liking that. Pretty much the only thing Sega got right in Lost World was Sonic's running animation. It was pretty close to perfectly translated from 2D to 3D. I don't understand why there's such a step backwards but it is a new developer.

If those are all in-engine graphics and not FMVs the game looks really impressive though.

It's a shame, really. It seems that Big Red Button consists of talented people who could pull of a good game -- but, nope, they don't even get a chance to prove themselves.

That's what I'm hoping they will do, but hey, it's a huge risk to take on an outsourced Sonic game. They should know what they are getting themselves into. If they can't pull it off, well.

Yeah, I'm not liking that. Pretty much the only thing Sega got right in Lost World was Sonic's running animation. It was pretty close to perfectly translated from 2D to 3D. I don't understand why there's such a step backwards but it is a new developer.

I agree. Lost world had great animations.

Kouriozan

Or it might turn out to be a good game. This bad-mouthing of the whole game based on a one minute trailer is ridiculous; especially since most of it is just due to the character designs, which couldn't be less important to the actual gameplay qualities of the title.

It's a shame, really. It seems that Big Red Button consists of talented people who could pull of a good game -- but, nope, they don't even get a chance to prove themselves.
I agree, it's so boring to trash every new games based on a few minutes trailer.
Yes, they give us idea on what it'll be but those are rarely pure gameplay.
All we know is that it might be good, based on the studio, at least I have reasons to hope.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Or it might turn out to be a good game. This bad-mouthing of the whole game based on a one minute trailer is ridiculous; especially since most of it is just due to the character designs, which couldn't be less important to the actual gameplay qualities of the title.

The designs are supposed to appeal to kids. Not to kids of the 90's, but to today's kids.

Meh, let them hate. Just be ready to have a smug look on your face when/if they get proven wrong. Gonna be sweet. Possibly.

D-e-f-

Banned
Wasn't there a big thread about Crytek saying Cryengine wouldn't work on Wii U. My memory is hazy about it.

CryEngine3 was always supported on Wii U. It was Frostbite 3 that supposedly "can't" run on Wii U (cause someone would have to do work, lol) and Unreal Engine 4 isn't officially supported 'cause Epic can't be bothered to bring it over themselves but says others can if they want to.

Dudes, the graphics look freaking great. Yes the character designs are a little fucked up, but everything else looks fantastic. Very interested in this.

Castcoder

Banned
Hey look, it's like watching Crash Bandicoot and Spyro get redesigned into shit all over again. Guess how many times Mario was radically redesigned, clueless marketing divisions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom