• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Dash 2 Sonic Boom Leaked

Oh, they care. If you reach a point where you're progressing at a decent rate and no longer feel the obligation to fill a bar ad infinitum, how do they get you to spend money to try and fill it up again for that dangling carrot?

Oh yeah you need a target to hit at all times but when the game turns into something you can't really progress in for a long LONG time until you fork out £10+ worth of coin which in turn is for random loot chance that is in no way care for your fans and just whale hunting and sega can go rot for that.

Nishastra

Banned
We may get something in 2016 from Sonic Team, but is it a game? Or just the film? Will the film be Sonic Boom?

People convinced that Sonic Boom won't be replacing Sega Sonic need to read between the corporate lines a bit more. At this point it's pretty evident that Sega are just crawling towards whatever is easiest to make money from Sonic, irrespective of whether or not we like the Boom franchise.
Sonic Boom is a TV show. There are games based on it.

These are equivalent to Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game. Street Fighter may be a videogame series, and that may be a videogame, but it is not really a Street Fighter game.

Sonic Boom is a western thing, and so is everything derived from it. When we get a proper Japanese Sonic game again is yet to be seen, but Sonic Boom is not a Sega of Japan thing at all.

I love being able to buy extra lives with micro transactions. It's just like I'm at a real arcade playing a shooter when I die and have the option to "continue" if I add 4 more quarters to the machine

Aw man :( truth. I thought the Sonic Cycle had ended....
It did.

After all, the first step of the Cycle is "Sega announces new Sonic game; it looks good; fans get excited that this might be the one that turns things around".

These days, the games look mediocre at best from the onset, nobody gets excited except the ones who'd love the game regardless of quality (little kids or extremely diehard fans, usually), and instead we wonder why they don't continue with the games that already turned things around.

Pizza

I just bought the 3DS remaster of Sonic the Hedgehog for $3 yesterday. What a fucking blast!

I *love* sonic. Putting that bad boy on CRT mode had repressed childhood memories explode back into my brain of how I started life off as a Sega kid... Ha ha... :( *that's* why I don't have lofty childhood memories of lots of Mario games minus the game boy guys. And Mario 2 (best Mario)

There was a level of exploration in sonic that's been lost to time, sure you *can* go fast but you *can* also get your ass kicked by being cocky.

Welp better make more endless runners. Poor sonic.

It did.

After all, the first step of the Cycle is "Sega announces new Sonic game; it looks good; fans get excited that this might be the one that turns things around".

These days, the games look mediocre at best from the onset, nobody gets excited except the ones who'd love the game regardless of quality (little kids or extremely diehard fans, usually), and instead we wonder why they don't continue with the games that already turned things around.

This. The Sonic cycle is over. Sega shows a mobile game > mobile game comes out > it's a mobile game

Or sonic boom. Or in this case, both.

RK128

Surprised this didn't happen sooner; kids love mobile and Sonic Boom (TV Show) is a hit, so I would think Sega would have made this closer to the shows launch. Regardless, it looks like it is adding new elements to the original Sonic Dash (don't remember rail grinding being in the original game), so its nice I guess :).

The Sonic Team game is still coming, they are just holding off on announcing that until early next year (to pair up with the 25th Anniversary). People just see Boom as bad due to the Wii U game being trash and the 3DS game being weak; if there was no games for the show, I'm sure that specific Sonic branding would have been much better received.

I actually enjoy Sonic Dash. It just sucks because it'd be a good mobile companion to a new title that's actually good like Generations, Colors and Lost World (I know, I'm weird). Going for the platinum in Generations on PS3 right now and it's just making me sad. Series seemed back on track but it's lost its way with these Sonic Boom shenanigans.

Top Bottom