• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Superstars Announced, coming Fall 2023 | Summer Game Fest

Draugoth

Gold Member

Get ready for Sonic Superstars, arriving Fall 2023! Sonic and friends are back with an all-new look! Join Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy Rose on an adventure that takes "classic" to another level. Team up with friends, master new powers from the Chaos Emeralds, and speed through all brand-new zones on your way to take down Dr. Eggman (and co)!​

xmwMp0J.jpg
FyH83pzaUAAweVw

Last edited:

AREYOUOKAY?

Gimme a nice Genesis style physical copy case for this one also SEGA like what Mania and Origins has going on for them.

Last edited:

Kikorin

I hate this graphics, but the game seems interesting and I want to give the new mechanics that will be introduced a chance.

Unknown?

I'm glad we're seemingly getting all original zones. Mania was cool but I wanted more new zones and I'm tired of Green Hill in EVERYTHING!

Did they say who was making this game? Sonic Team hasn't made a 2D game since Sonic and Knuckles. Is it Dimps?

Unknown?

For the price, there surely has to be more to it, right? It looks underwhelming as-is, going back to 3D for 2D games after Mania was a mistake.
Honestly this is more representative of a Saturn era game than Mania, although I'd prefer hand drawn gameplay.

Looks good! This is what Sonic Mania should've been instead of a glorified rehash.
"new" sonic is already old so they came back to the old design, looks good.
They're splitting them off, New Sonic and Classic Sonic have been basically separate entities since Generations.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
This could be something or a big miss, depending on how they approach.

If they hit the physics and the abilities/gimmicks right then ok. Otherwise it will suck regardless. The artstyle from the characters also looks like didn't improve from Generations, with overall plataform visual closer to Sonic 4(yuck). Is Sega finally cutting corners with Sonic Team?

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Crazy that it took this long to do something like this, I feel like this is something the Sonic community has wanted for a VERY long time. Something about it looks strange to me, so who knows where it'll land, but at least it looks like something old and new fans could potentially enjoy.

Unknown?

Agreed. Mania was too similar to -and ultimately also inferior to- the Mega Drive games. This looks like the Sonic 4 we should have gotten way back when.
Remember when reviewers gave Sonic 4 good reviews because "it wasn't 3D?" People quickly realized it was garbage(part 2 I enjoyed though despite not being good).

Top Bottom