• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

Sciz

SonicGAF's Song of the Day - #94

Song: vs. Orcan and Skullian
Game: Sonic Colors
Composer: Tomoya Ohtani

Electric guitars: Susumu Nishikawa
Drums: Masuo

And then there's this track which objectively is grating, dissonant, and repetitive, and I can't help but like it anyway. Somehow all the disparate elements play off each other just right and it comes together as a coherent whole. It's the combination of a groovy bassline and the guitar going off on some wild tangents that does it for me, I think.

Razzer

Hey man don't judge this is some funky ass shit! The whole tune is just fun chaoticness, nothing is meant to sound normal I think. It's just so that the player is thinking what the hell is going on during the boss fight, and it works. Full of energy too.

Playing through Knuckles' story in Sonic Adventure. The Emerald Radar is so much better here than in Sonic Adventure 2 it's not even funny. Also helps that Tikal also acts as a guide to Emerald Pieces.

Ended up in one of the Tikal flashbacks and decided to talk to some of the Echidna NPCs, with one of them actually saying this: "We must proceed discreetly, but we always do just the opposite!".

...so Knuckles' stupidity is actually genetic?

To be honest, I see a lot of Knuckles' personality in these NPCs, it's actually kinda both funny and interesting at the same time.

Was looking around for info on the NiGHTS Lost World DLC and found this:

loljun.jpg

Tails tears up Sonic Adventure
Amy tears up Sonic Advance

I'm also beginning to realize just how much of Sonic Advance's soundtrack I've forgotten.

I'm also beginning to wish Sega had pulled a Mega Man Zero and had "remaster" CDs of the three Advance games - the same music played with much much much higher-quality samples or instruments (eg: "Submerged Memory" on the GBA/DS, "Submerged Memory" on the OST). The music really deserves better than the Game Boy PSG mixed with the Game Boy Advance's really low-quality DAC.

Shadow Hog, I have a confession to make

I don't think Doom 2 vanilla maps are very good
That's because they're not; they drag a lot, especially in the second "episode" in the city. Still, most custom mapsets use the Doom 2 bestiary, so it's good to have the IWAD handy.

No doubt, the super shotgun and the Doom 2 bestiary are great additions, but the maps themselves...ESPECIALLY the city section...

Romero/Peterson/Hall pls

This Back to Saturn X episode is sick

AniHawk

so i finally started wonderful 101 and it's kinda like someone saw knack and decided to make a video game out of it.

qq more

I doubt you're wearing a Moequill avatar by choice.

We all know qq is tsundere for moe.

Who did this to you, QQ?
I have no idea what you guys are talking about :)

Shadow Hog, I have a confession to make

I don't think Doom 2 vanilla maps are very good
I always felt Doom 2 didn't felt as fun as Doom 1 for some reason. After replaying it with my friend, I've realized it had to do with the levels sort of dragging on a bit. Doom 2 is still great but doesn't compare to 1 for sure.

TheOGB

Banned
32 non-consecutive hours later, I have finished A Link Between Worlds. Excellent game, and a great way to end a superb year for the 3DS.

Sciz

SonicGAF's Song of the Day - #95

Song: Metal Scratchin'
Game: Sonic Rush
Composer: Hideki Naganuma

It's the rare song that can make tasteful use of orchestra hits, but Naganuma's the sort of guy who can pick samples out of a hat and still mix them into a masterpiece, so sure, why not use them as one of the lead instruments? Throw in more of the growling guitar and synth I've been hung up on recently and you've got an intense groove.

I really like the call and echo structure for a boss theme, too; it gives the impression that the music's being performed by two participants, and reflects the act/react nature of a boss battle well.

TheOGB

Banned
SonicGAF's Song of the Day - #95

Song: Metal Scratchin'
Game: Sonic Rush
Composer: Hideki Naganuma

I really like the call and echo structure for a boss theme, too; it gives the impression that the music's being performed by two participants, and reflects the act/react nature of a boss battle well.
Huh, I never thought of it like that. That's pretty cool.

Regiruler

And then there's this track which objectively is grating, dissonant, and repetitive, and I can't help but like it anyway. Somehow all the disparate elements play off each other just right and it comes together as a coherent whole. It's the combination of a groovy bassline and the guitar going off on some wild tangents that does it for me, I think.

I love this track. It feels like it's constantly flipping back and forth between two tunes, which gives a very funky tune, especially switching back between the guitar (I think?) and electronic melody (or from the primary melody to the secondary). The "scratchy" feel gives it's own life to the song, making for a truly unique boss piece. However, I still prefer boss theme 1 due to it's speed and energy (boss theme 2 is overrated).

Sciz

SonicGAF's Song of the Day - #96

Song: Staff Roll
Game: Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Composer: Masato Nakamura

There's only one way to send a year off around here. See you in 2014, SonicGAF.

Village

Happy BrithDay

New years and all that.

Sonic and new years related.

What are.. Sonic's plans in 2014, any games announced or is it still shrouded in mystery.

SJS

[

I'm also beginning to wish Sega had pulled a Mega Man Zero and had "remaster" CDs of the three Advance games - the same music played with much much much higher-quality samples or instruments

I would fucking kill for this. A Mythos of SAdva3 would be nothing short of divine.

Top Bottom