• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

Tizoc

So apparently the bubbles in underwater areas in the Sonic games were inspired by JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1.
They do seem suspiciously similar.

Tizoc

The only notable bubbles I recall come from part 2's Caesar Zeppeli, what bubbles in part 1 are we on about here?

In the fight against Tarkus, Jonathan gets dragged underwater, and needing to find some air he dives deeper in order to find air pockets.

TimmiT

Does anyone else feel like TT deserves another crack at the Sonic franchise? The on-the-fly character switching in the Lego games always made me think of Sonic Heroes.

I would love a full Lego Sonic game by them. Also,
the level's story ends with a cliffhanger so I guess there might be more from them in the future.

Kyari

Ran into some of the 25th anniversary toys in the wild today. These things are cute and relatively cheap:

cFLQfv1.jpg

They're picking great comics too. I've seen both Mecha Madness and the Sonic CD adaptation being packed in with different figures. Both were prized possessions to 8 year old me.

Man, Mecha Madness was so awesome. Happened across an old issue earlier this week, and it's just as fun as I remembered.

I also found a box with all of the pre-Sonic Adventure comic adaptations in a box at my parents' place earlier this week. I completely forgot there was a Sonic 3D Blast adaptation, haha.

Rlan

And now for everyone's favourite fangame - Sonic's Mega Quest.

3OMYxv1.png

Completely out of the blue but would anyone here be crazy enough to own US versions of Comix Zone or Vectorman 1 / 2 here?

Want to extract the artwork from their manuals, but ebay's bullshit $30 shipping from the US to NZ for a game is a nightmare in itself. Would be keen to pay to borrow them, scan them and send them back :p

Aquova

Completely out of the blue but would anyone here be crazy enough to own US versions of Comix Zone or Vectorman 1 / 2 here?

Want to extract the artwork from their manuals, but ebay's bullshit $30 shipping from the US to NZ for a game is a nightmare in itself. Would be keen to pay to borrow them, scan them and send them back :p

I do own all 3 on Genesis...

But don't have any of their manuals...

Tizoc

Thinking of getting
Sonic 1-3 game gear
Sonic drift 2 gg

As theyll be on sale on eu eshop this week
Should inget sonic blast or avoid?

I never really put more than a few minutes into either Sonic Drift title when I unlocked them in Adventure DX, they seemed pretty unspectacular.

I'm a big fan of Sonic 1 GG so definitely go for it, Sonic 2 GG however I never got past the second zone in my master system days (that damn hang-glider, I was new to games so basically doomed) so I can't really judge it. But I will warn you that the first boss on the GG version is an absolute nightmare, it's pretty rough to begin with but the tinier screen for the GG basically takes it to the next level of BS.
Abuse those save states shamelessly.

Sonic 3 GG, is that triple trouble or chaos? both kinda blend into one similar blur for me but they're fun enough and perfectly functional games, worth trying on the cheap.

Aquova

Do you perversely enjoy suffering and horrible games? if so get Sonic Blast.

They speak the truth.

Sonic 1 and 2 on GG were fun enough. Sonic Triple Trouble and Sonic Chaos were alright as well, but I'm not sure if they are on the eShop. I would avoid Blast, and Labyrinth as well if that's on there.

Thinking of getting
Sonic 1-3 game gear
Sonic drift 2 gg

As theyll be on sale on eu eshop this week
Should inget sonic blast or avoid?

Eh..Sonic 1-2 GG and Chaos (3?) are decent enough games to play through. I may go against the tide and say Chaos and Triple Trouble are stronger games than 1 and 2 (especially 2).

Don't waste your time on Drift or Drift 2. They're relics that will provide you with maybe 20 minutes of enjoyment.

Sonic 3 GG, is that triple trouble or chaos? both kinda blend into one similar blur for me but they're fun enough and perfectly functional games, worth trying on the cheap.

Chaos came first, so that's presumably 3.

Tizoc

Eh..Sonic 1-2 GG and Chaos (3?) are decent enough games to play through. I may go against the tide and say Chaos and Triple Trouble are stronger games than 1 and 2 (especially 2).

Don't waste your time on Drift or Drift 2. They're relics that will provide you with maybe 20 minutes of enjoyment.

Chaos came first, so that's presumably 3.

20 minutes for less than 3 quid is worth it for me :p

20 minutes might be an overstatement. It really depends on how much enjoyment you can pull out of, essentially, a less sophisticated version of Outrun or Pole Position fit to early 90s hardware.

It's not the Mario Kart clone the game would have you believe it to be.

Aquova

If you haven't played them, I would actually recommend the 3D remakes of Sonic 1 and 2 for Genesis. They were both on sale this week, although I'm not sure if they still are. Either one of them is probably better than the GG games combined.

Anth0ny

people called this year the year of dreams, but honestly, 2017 is looking absolutely insane and legit like one of the best years ever for games:

-a new 2D Sonic with Genesis physics
-Sonic Generations 2 basically
-Yooka Laylee (basically a new Banjo Kazooie)
-new 3D Mario that is more open like Mario 64
-new 3D Zelda
-new Marvel vs Capcom?
-new Red Dead
-new numbered Resident Evil that leans more into horror than action of the last couple titles

like WOW. basically all we need is a new Metal Gear (Death Stranding?) and a new Metroid and all of my personal favorite franchises/devs have games coming next year. madness.

Tizoc

If you haven't played them, I would actually recommend the 3D remakes of Sonic 1 and 2 for Genesis. They were both on sale this week, although I'm not sure if they still are. Either one of them is probably better than the GG games combined.

I bought all the 3DS SEGA Classics day 1, my young padawan.

jax

Banned
TOY10652.jpg

Does anyone know when or where to get these damn things? Every store I see says it's sold out with a late 2016 release, but I can't find it :(

It's just a black cat; I don't think blackface was intended here.

Though if it's not that disturbing implication, it's now the other disturbing implication that a black-furred cat skinned Tails and is now wearing his fur.

Rlan

New, old Sonic Fan Game day!

Tails' Rescue Quest!

8NeYEli.png

Made by Adam Merideth - a very quick game, but I actually enjoyed playing this one! That lava level had some incling of fun game design in it, which I don't see much from other old Fan games.

Top Bottom