• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread |OT3 & Knuckles|

BlackJace

SEGA decided to put a bunch of soundtracks onto their Spotify today

https://www.destructoid.com/sega-ad...racks-to-spotify-including-sonic-414695.phtml

https://open.spotify.com/artist/2FFxcgW8c4Yuurl5x113lR

NiGHTS, Sonic, Space Harrier, Virtua Fighter, Out Run, Fantasy Zone, Shinobi, and a lot more.

My friends got wind of this spotify business and mentioned it to me, now I'm having to hold back on making a bazillion Sonic suggestions to their uninformed selves who only go as far as Sonic Adventure 2.

EWmof.gif
Oh my god, Aquatic Mine on these subs rn
p0QHO.gif

Tizoc

Wasn't there a set of plush toys planned for release this year? It was posted on this thread before but I can't remember them :X

I knew I wasn't the only chao-hater on GAF! dozensofus.gif

I always had mixed feelings on them. They're an interesting addition that is relatively well done, but they're completely unnecessary to the other 95% of the game/s. When collecting all the emblems I loathed them, because they were just roadblocks that padded out the game.

So many god damn hours going in and out of prison lane.

Village

Sonic Boom's too good for us.

Sometimes, it unleashes is power level and we see its true potential,Then it goes back to not trying.

That's my issue with sonic boom.

It has a lot of potential, it rarely does uses it though. Hopefully it gets more opportunities in the future and doesn't end after season 2. It has the exact oppsite problem the series has, instead of trying to hard and then having to rush out at the end. They finished the paper like a day after it was assigned, but its like D paper. All that said the this I was always hopeful sonic boom would be at least decent because the writers showed an ability that no one working on sonic, and I mean comics, games ect has ever seemed to have attained. Restraint. Now if they would try, more regularly we could have something.

Sciz

Seems like it'd be worth a watch just for the self-aware jokes

Season 1 ended on this scene:

Cubot: "What a swell adventure! I sure hope there's more next year!"
Orbot: "Just think of all the hundreds more stories to be told using the same eight characters and four locations! The possibilities are limitless!"
Cubot: "Just to be on the safe side maybe we should start an internet petition."

This is also the same episode that has Eggman fangirling over Shadow finally showing up for the sole and explicit reason of "'Who's he?' Only the second most popular character in the whole canon!"

The writers are intensely aware of what they're producing.

Village

The show is... self aware. Sometimes to the detriment to its own self, " hey we are doing the same dumb thing we are complaining about" then why are you doing it its not funny.

The shadow episode had potential. But it was, alright. They couldn't really do anything with shadow, boom has been trying to erase rise of lyrics from peoples minds. The most interesting thing about that episode was the tweet the writer had sent out about it.

Seems like it'd be worth a watch just for the self-aware jokes

As for watching the show for self aware humor? It isn't worth it, most of the show despite that... is kind of not that funny, unmemorable.... nothing. And a few references to things I feel personally.. doesn't justify watching that entire show. I would say just find clipse, but I can't say that to you as a real suggestion, because no one seems to care too much about this show, to make clips. So I don't really know what answer to give in this scenario. Even major cartoon commentators on youtube...just ignore this shows entire existence when it comes to the conversation. CN shoving it on Boomerang for season 2 does not help that. The level general ambivalence towards this show is rather high. So I guess your option is to watch the show? But I can't recommend it because... its not really that good.

The best thing about that episode wasn't the episode itself but was the what the guy tweeted out,

So basically like SatAM then.[/cheaptarget]

You have yet to say anything wrong.

Basically my rule of thumb is that for season 1, any episode that has a Knuckles or Eggman focus is usually good. Those two can kind of carry the show a lot of the time

Season 2 evens things out a lot more, and, as noted, seems to double down on self-awareness.

Village

Sonic uh, the archie comics, not looking so hot.

On that note

talking to a friend about the Archie comics, and two arcs of that comic that almost made me stop liking sonic as a series. We were just talking about bad comics, and after judas contract came up I brought the comic up. I am firm in my belief that the future arc of this comic is the worst piece of media sonic has ever put out in its existence.

Village

Are we alive again? that Boom period really did a number huh.

Eh, i don't really think that clip was enough to Bring us back to life.

When mania releases or more info is obtained, I imagine that will cause more posting.

Or if that archie thing turns out really bad. Or that.

The hibernation has ended!
You know I'm almost believing their claims of 2017, almost, not quite.

Eh, i don't really think that clip was enough to Bring us back to life.

When mania releases or more info is obtained, I imagine that will cause more posting.

Or if that archie thing turns out really bad. Or that.

True, we need actual upcoming release hype for excuses to play old games again and then make the mistake of trying Heroes one more time.

Village

My I offer a not shit remix to a not shit sonic song from a not of shit sonic game ( at least depending on who you ask, apperently), to cleanse the proverbial pallet .

An aquatic mine remix , it chill and not the most complicated remix, but I have always liked it

TrueBlue

I've always wondered whether or not there will be a link between the two games. Like in a secret ending we see Modern Sonic appear and recruit his younger self to the cause. "See you next game!" and all that jazz.

Still, that's a nice remix.

Recently went back to the classics and am having a blast playing them. I'm not gonna go all "SA ruined everything" since I have my fair share of nostalgia, don't worry.

I just want to say that Sonic The Hedghog is probably a prime example of a marketing hype doing a franchise a huge disservice. Sonic 1 - 3 are definitely about pinball physics, alternate paths, platforming, and speed running as a reward for memorizing the level layout. Not just "gotta go fast, lol", which Sonic Team itself bought into for a while.

Are we alive again? that Boom period really did a number huh.

Lost World and Sonic Boom was one hell of a one-two punch, I'll tell you that.

Falk

that puzzling face

Sciz

Oh man, Escape from the City and Endless Possibility as top picks

We're doing a concert in Tokyo in 3 days:

:lol

Is there any footage of VGO performing those two online, by chance?

From a glance it doesn't seem it was posted, but the instrumental version of the new theme is incredible.

From the description they'll be back to using vocals for the final version, which has me really excited. It was one of my minor gripes about Lost World.
I knew I forgot to do something.

We have Iizuka to thank for the more serious and dramatic tone of the music (and presumably the game) this time, according to the interview.

Top Bottom