• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony 2024 TV Lineup Revealed: Use Mini LED over OLED for 2024 Flagship TV

King Dazzar

Electronics are risky, that's why you need a good warranty. I went a similar route, my journey began with a Panasonic when they were the king of plasma's and it did me well, then bought a Samsung F8500 series plasma and that lasted forever, finally I just recently got the A90J 77" in 2022 and knocking on wood I won't have any issues, expect for a few software glitches with audio and those damn HDMI inputs, but the last firmware update fixed most of the problems I've been experiencing. I would have gotten a QD-OLED, but a 65" was the largest they had at the time. I thought I would be regretting not waiting for the 77" QD-OLED, but now seeing the LG G4 killing those and Sony's new Mini LED setting things on fire, I'm curious to see where we go. I know they won't be matching OLED blacks, but if blooming is kept down to an insignificant margin and blacks are almost perfect, then we could have a winner.

Can't wait for that first head to head against the LG G4.
I always loved the numerous times I spent with the A90J. Great TV.

JackMcGunns

I always loved the numerous times I spent with the A90J. Great TV.

I wanted the A90J, it was a typo, I got the A80J. The A90J is even better with the heatsink, much less chance of burn in and even better peak brightness, unforunately for whatever reason, Sony did not offer a 77" option, I would have to go 83" to upgrade the size. 65" was a dealbreaker for me and the 83" was astronomically priced.

King Dazzar

I wanted the A90J, it was a typo, I got the A80J. The A90J is even better with the heatsink, much less chance of burn in and even better peak brightness, unforunately for whatever reason, Sony did not offer a 77" option, I would have to go 83" to upgrade the size. 65" was a dealbreaker for me and the 83" was astronomically priced.
Ah right. Yeah I was choosing between the 83" A90J and 85" Z9J. Unfortunately the 83" sizes had a lot of panel uniformity issues at launch. You probably were safer getting the 77" A80J at the time...

Top Bottom