• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony "abandons" The Last Guardian trademark [Up: Sony: Game is still in development]

Pranay

Mumei i guess banned her.

Anyways i think he just misunderstood her comment. Most likly she will get unban i hope.

Duffyside

Banned
I can't believe the irony of someone with a Brienne of Tarth avatar being banned for sexism.

He/she wasn't being sexist, but making a not-very obscure reference to Team Ico being what many called sexist in changing the original protagonist of TLG from a girl to a boy because "girls don't have good grip."

Bans seem to happen way too easily these days. (not even sure if <- that <- is an "acceptable" thing to say on GAF anymore)

Ranger X

Is this real? What does this mean? Game will get cancelled? Will not come out in the US?

We need some official PR from Sony or something

Pranay

Is this real? What does this mean? Game will get cancelled? Will not come out in the US?

We need some official PR from Sony or something

It mean that the domain registry expired.

It didnt get renewed because the game hasnt been released

Corto

Pretty sure Stupei is a woman. Her post should be understood as satire. At least I hope so.

On topic. Shit, fuck, piss.

That is all.

Huff

Banned
He/she wasn't being sexist, but making a not-very obscure reference to Team Ico being what many called sexist in changing the original protagonist of TLG from a girl to a boy because "girls don't have good grip."

Bans seem to happen way too easily these days. (not even sure if <- that <- is an "acceptable" thing to say on GAF anymore)

It's because of the OT and how it has become the outrage Olympics. pretty much have to walk on tippy toes not to offend someone. moderation has evolved to fit this

Olympic team were Team Ico being called by Yoshida? Appropriate timing then.

Great E3 that was, 2009 I think;

-Agent
-TLG
-FFXIV

-RE Portable.

I find it hilarious that Sony let people take the stage to get people excited with nothing to show for it. Nothing to bind them to doing it. @ Agent and REPortable. FFXIV is eventually coming and TLG, well yeah.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
:p

OK I didn't go through the whole thread just the first page.

Abandonment doesn't mean too much.

Sony can reapply. Some things to keep in mind:

1. Is the Jpn tm still in application? Could be jpn only.

2. They may not want to keep paying for the extensions as it is taking too long OR they ran out of extensions.

3. They could still reapply for a tm later down the road. Hell they could release the game and apply for a current use in commerce tm though games almost never do that.

4. Could be a name change.

5. Could be pressure from someone who has a similar tm a la dragon quest.

Pranay

jimreilly
Sony on The Last Guardian: "The project is still in development. Nothing new to report at this time."

isuzu

tumblr_m6lijgpjxa1qzgaqfph.gif

Duffyside

Banned
jimreilly
Sony on The Last Guardian: "The project is still in development. Nothing new to report at this time."

Considering the seriousness of today's news, I would say Sony just issuing this shitty, lazy statement is more than a little worrying.

Did whichever mod that did this not understand the joke or are we just not allowed to poke fun at developers?

I don't know, man. Either unbans don't come nearly as quickly as bans (shocking), or I honestly don't know why on Earth she was banned.

So Sony registred these two domains lately. RAIN and Until Dawn.

Until Dawn was actually re-registred, so have I heard. Is there a connection? Name change?

I doubt it's gone. But if it is, oh lord.

Yeah, I'm gonna say it's probably either getting a name change, or they just didn't update the trademark like they should have. Even the prospect of moving it to the PS4 though, would be a pretty shitty slap in the face. Many fans bought a PS3 on the promise of this game, to not deliver that and expect them to also buy a PS4 for it would be crazy.

Garjon

So Sony registred these two domains lately. RAIN and Until Dawn.

Until Dawn was actually re-registred, so have I heard. Is there a connection? Name change?

Until Dawn sounds like a Killzone subtitle, though I sincerely doubt it'll be that. Wasn't it rumoured to be some sort of survival game before E3?

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Y'know, I wonder if it's listed as abandoned simply because Sony hasn't "used" the mark in 3 years. Didn't really read the thread, but do we know if there was any affirmative act on their part that was done to cancel the trademark?

Dear NeoGAF,

Thank you for finally topping this year's E3 Gif thread.

Yours in Christ,
Magna_Mixalis

PS: I join the chorus in saying they probably just forgot to renew the trademark. There's so much to keep track of when developing a game that sometimes the (not-so) little things get overlooked.

Top Bottom