• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony confirms they have a showcase happening later this month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member
The show is likely scheduled for May 20-25?

Later this month you will learn more about the long-term vision for Sony Group and the essential role SIE plays in that vision. As I mentioned previously, FY24 marks the start of the Mid-Range Plan period for Sony Group in which we will set the course for sustainable growth.

GNf3GsJa8AAAWoh

Last edited:

Kssio_Aug

What a fuck you to Microsoft and Hellblade 2. Showcase going to overshadow everything that week
I don't see how this "showcase" would affect the sales of Hellblade 2. Seems totally unrelated.

Also, MS is making sure to not show Hellblade 2 to anyone anyway, with their absolutely terrible and practically non existent marketing for the game.

Matt Leblanc Whatever GIF

Last edited:
I don't see how this "showcase" would affect the sales of Hellblade 2. Seems totally unrelated.

Also, MS is making sure to not show Hellblade 2 to anyone anyway, with their absolutely terrible and practically non existent marketing for the game.

Matt Leblanc Whatever GIF
The biggest gaming news of next week is the release of Hellblade 2. A Sony Showcase would totally overtake the news cycle. It's not even a dispute

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Even if the rumors are true, there is not much to look forward when comes Sony's first party.

3rd party games has been waaaaay more exciting.

Varteras

Gold Member
I'd say someone needs to learn to read. But that seems fucking pointless when they don't even know what words mean.

What a fuck you to Microsoft and Hellblade 2. Showcase going to overshadow everything that week

Yes, YES !!!

SONY Exec: "Look at all this fucking ray traced shadows and reflections on this powerpoint slide. The global illumination on this font and the seamless transisitions between these two paragraphs. This is real AAAA shit we're taking about here folks. Ya ain't getting this over on Xbox"

That's how I see it in my head and its glorious

splattered

Sony gonna announce Xbox ports of Astrobot and Ratchet that support Xbox's new controller w gyro and haptic feedback etc. What a time to be alive. Please don't kill me.

feynoob

Yes, YES !!!

SONY Exec: "Look at all this fucking ray traced shadows and reflections on this powerpoint slide. The global illumination on this font and the seamless transisitions between these two paragraphs. This is real AAAA shit we're taking about here folks. Ya ain't getting this over on Xbox"

That's how I see it in my head and its glorious
Best I can give you is more PC ports

Varteras

Gold Member
Best I can give you is more PC ports

And then refuse to sell them to most of the world.... after I sold them to most of the world...

Sony gonna announce Xbox ports of Astrobot and Ratchet that support Xbox's new controller w gyro and haptic feedback etc. What a time to be alive. Please don't kill me.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

yurinka

The show is likely scheduled for May 20-25?

GNf3GsJa8AAAWoh

Totoki isn't talking about a showcase. Notice he mentions SONY GROUP. He's talking about Sony's Corporate Strategy Meeting (May 25th) and Business Segment Group Meeting (May 30th), where every year they explain to the investors the state of each division and their strategy for the next few years. As complementary info, an extra to the FY2023 earnings announcement they'll have in a few hours.

Confirmation? Showcase?
No, Totoki and Sony didn't say anything about a showcase. Dusk Gollem and some people in this thread need to learn to read.

Last edited:

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Ok boys, what do you want?

A showcase or an earnings report?

Showcase - for gamers who want to see the games and criticize how terrible or derivative they look
Earnings - for gamers who want to experience doom and gloom in the future of gaming

So pick yer poison

feynoob

Showcase - for gamers who want to see the games and criticize how terrible or derivative they look
Earnings - for gamers who want to experience doom and gloom in the future of gaming

So pick yer poison
Showcase for dummy gamers

Business event for the corporate greed

Dont be that guy

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I'm not expecting anything good from Sony cuz nothing of what I want and need from them will be announced and released anytime soon, except maybe TLOU2 PC port. But Capcom can show a teaser for RE9 with full reveal during Game Fest in June.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom