• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also hope to see whatever Mikami's Tango Works does next.

I'm not too bothered whether it's Evil Within 2, Dino Crisis successor, Vanquish successor, or that new sci-fi IP he wanted.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Hoping for SoulCalibur VI, even if the hope feels in vain. This is the longest the series has gone without a new numbered entry, and their gross F2P entry ended service back in November. Come on baby. The legend will never die!

lupinko

It's getting really hard for me to wait for e3 now.

I currently have 25 PS4 games and no console.

Either:

- PS4KNeo is out this year and wows me enough to wait
- PS4 gets an immediate price cut and I go to the store or buy from Amazon.jp immediately

Also I hope Neo uses the same faceplates.

<3 my Frozen faceplate.

Zukkoyaki

So Sony has dropped a ton of new info on Gran Turismo and now TLG and Gravity Rush 2 via IGN. Presumably all three will be out this year.

The Pre-E3 "Let's get this out of the way" always gets me even more hyped.

So Sony has dropped a ton of new info on Gran Turismo and now TLG and Gravity Rush 2 via IGN. Presumably all three will be out this year.

The Pre-E3 "Let's get this out of the way" always gets me even more hyped.

I just don't see Gravity Rush 2 coming out this year. I really don't. Even if it's finished and polished to a tee, when can they release it? It'll disappear without a trace if it comes out in October onwards, and I don't see it being ready in time for September. I'm calling a Q1 2017 release window on that one.

Fully prepared for that 2016 release date announcement for TLG at the presser though. Fingers crossed for anything before October.

Where the hell is the theater experience!?

Maybe it just isn't happening this year.

I see GR2 coming February 2017 too. Not because it isn't ready but more that they don't need it to come out. Give it more polish and let the big boys finish the year. Of course, I want it this year but I would understand if it doesn't. I could potentially see something like this though -

September - Gravity Rush 2
October - The Last Guardian
November - Gran Turismo Sport

or

August - Gravity Rush 2
September - The Last Guardian
November - Gran Turismo Sport

I think the latter is more likely.

Maybe they knew because how grand last year was gonna be and made the event knowing the awesome reveals. This year not so much?
They did the theater thing in 2014 and it didn't have those awesome reveals either.

Sony still hasn't even announced their E3 conference and show floor plans to the public via press release or PS Blog write up. What went out earlier last week were invites to members of the press. Unless I missed it, there have been no public posts by Sony on it yet, in which they detail the streams/theater experience and what not

A few remasters might be announced no? Siren: Blood Curse (PS3) was leaked as a possible candidate. Maybe Resistence: Fall of Man joins as well.

I'd bloody love a Resistance Collection if it was given the same budget and attention as the Uncharted Collection. I'd really like to play all three again.

Guymelef

My bet:
August/September: No Man's Sky
September/October: The Last Guardian
November: GT Sport
February Gravity Rush 2
March: Horizon.

My bet:
August/September: No Man's Sky
September/October: The Last Guardian
November: GT Sport
February Gravity Rush 2
March: Horizon.
I can see this as well.

Sony still hasn't even announced their E3 conference and show floor plans to the public via press release or PS Blog write up. What went out earlier last week were invites to members of the press. Unless I missed it, there have been no public posts by Sony on it yet, in which they detail the streams/theater experience and what not
Yeah, they are probably just taking their sweet time to announce everything. :p

Akiller

Did anyone see Boyes call his dinner "S-tier"?

Thought that was weird. EDIT: Devil May Cry (Duh!) reference ?

Edit:
screenshot2016-05-26avpbwf.png

I hope you guys are not seriously reading that much into that tweet LMAO

Zukkoyaki

Before the info dump I wouldn't have expected Gravity Rush this year either. But the game seems exceptionally far along and polished already and will apparently be playable at E3 according to IGN. If it can make it out by even early October, I think we'll be playing it this year.

If it does release in Q1 it will probably be January. You can't just release everything in February or March or even April or May because that timeframe is starting to become almost as significant as the holiday period. That along with the rumblings and speculation that Horizon is delayed, would make for a potential line-up of Horizon, Gravity Rush, MLB The Show and maybe even God of War in the first few months of 2017. That's way too much to release in such a small window.

Of course this is making a TON of assumptions so what do I know lol

FelipeMGM

A few remasters might be announced no? Siren: Blood Curse (PS3) was leaked as a possible candidate. Maybe Resistence: Fall of Man joins as well.

The only PS4 remaster they announced on a E3 keynote was TLoU I think. They could do it with a blog post a week before the conference like they did with Nathan Drake Collection tho

salromano

I have a feeling Sony will announce the E3 Theatre thing today.

With Gophers hype poem, they have to do it again this year.

We're pretty overdue for the announcement. Last year's was May 21 and the press conference was on June 15. This year it's even earlier and still nothing.

2thepoint

We're pretty overdue for the announcement. Last year's was May 21 and the press conference was on June 15. This year it's even earlier and still nothing.

Yeah completely agree.

Maybe theyre changing things up for this year - just odd how silent Sony are being about it.

But silent Sony is always the best Sony.

Expecting another huge conference this year.

Pachimari

I don't think they're gonna announce any theatre events? I mean, they had FFVIIR, TLG and Shenmue III for last year, which was reason enough for the theatre events nationwide but I don't think it's gonna be as big this year.

2thepoint

I don't think they're gonna announce any theatre events? I mean, they had FFVIIR, TLG and Shenmue III for last year, which was reason enough for the theatre events nationwide but I don't think it's gonna be as big this year.

They had theatres in 2014 and that was a drop in the pond compared to last years gigatons.

I think GR2 could be this year on Asia only and early next year rotw, just like GR.Remastered, and

Surely they won't release it in Japan first? It should be released worldwide...the language is gibberish anyway. GR probable did better internationally than in Japan, certainly on PS4. Hoping we get a worldwide launch towards the end of the year.

They had theaters in 2014.

Surely they won't release it in Japan first? It should be released worldwide...the language is gibberish anyway. GR probable did better internationally than in Japan, certainly on PS4. Hoping we get a worldwide launch towards the end of the year.
It better be a worldwide launch.

FelipeMGM

SCEJ alone have 4 titles in the second half of 2016, what a crazy year!

Its incredible how Allan Becker really set Japan Studio straight since he got there in 2011. This year alone SCE JP (or SIE JP for people with no respect for heritage
s/
) they might ship

The Last Guardian (with Gen Design)
Gravity Rush 2 (internal Team Gravity)
The Tomorrow Children (with Q-games)
New Hot Shots Golf (with Clap Hands)
Playroom VR (internal)

The man does amazing work, should get more credit

Its incredible how Allan Becker really set Japan Studio straight since he got there in 2011. This year alone SCE JP (or SIE JP for people with no respect for heritage
s/
) they might ship

Playroom VR (internal)

That's a beautiful lineup I'm ready(my wallet is not)

Zukkoyaki

s/
) they might ship

Playroom VR (internal)

The churned out Puppeteer and Rain in 2013 as well! They had their hands on Freedom Wars too. Quite a fantastic and swift turnaround after last gen which was remarkably discombobulated. Even then they still released Patapon, Locoroco and Siren: Blood Curse. Their talent pool was obvious.

We're seeing what a fantastic asset they are when functioning on a proper level.

Here's hoping that long rumoured JRPG finally surfaces!

You know... It won't happen but Sony could easily just have a Japan Studio segment at E3 where they drop trailers and release dates for TLG, Gravity Rush, Tomorrow Children and Hot Shots, and then drop the supposed JRPG as a megaton.

The Tomorrow Children should be this year.

I really hope so. Alpha was December 2014, the beta was a year later, and they stuck to "coming 2015" until the end of December. Now there's a second beta coming June 2016. I worry that they've already lost a large portion of the audience who might have been excited for this game a year and half ago as it's a small studio without a lot of marketing behind it. Doubt we'll hear much about it at E3 though. Just isn't a big enough title.

Just checked back to 2014 to see what the timing was like for comparison.

2014: Announced May 28, E3 June 9th (12 day gap)
2015: Announced May 21, E3 June 15th (25 day gap)

That's a pretty big range and we're still in the middle of it (17 days to go), so I'm still hopeful an announcement could come early next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom