• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference 2015

What do you want from Sony's E3?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdanVC

This are the type of bumps that are nice to remember. Amazing conference. It was an insane afternoon. I went to take a nap because I didn't thought nothing worth it would be announced on the first minutes of the conference and BOOM! The Last Guardian re-revealed... After I wake up I tried to access here on GAF but it was impossible and I freaked out thinking that some serious megatons were announced during the conference. Then I went to twitter and everyone was freaking out of excitement over TLG and FFVII remake and I was so pissed that I missed those two announcements live haha. Crazy night.

Sorry if i bump this thread.

I'm member of Neogaf from a couple days but i followed this thread whit passion. What a fantastic conference. I don't think it will be surpassed for years and years. I was so happy and sometimes i rewatch the GameTrailers reaction. So magic. Finally The Last Guardian, Shenmue 3 and FFVII are here. And Horizon and Uncharted 4 too.

I wanted to be part of all this. Thanks NeoGaf!

post-54731-chow-yun-fat-thumbs-up-gif-Img-uDN9.gif

The Last Guardian. Dude. Dude. I can't express what I felt watching that footage. The hype is real.

Those were probably the biggest reveals we're going to see at E3 for a while. I think the only way it could ever be topped is if a publisher reveals that their big game in Development Hell is being released at the end of the year.

I'm not going to name names, but it's Half-Life 3. Of course it is. Hard to think of that press conference and not think of Half-Life 3.

ocean

Banned
The first time I got hyped about FFVII being remade I was in elementary school.

It took finishing up elementary school, junior high, high school, a bachelor's and business school while waiting. But it happened.

This conference was everything yo.

The Last Guardian. Dude. Dude. I can't express what I felt watching that footage. The hype is real.

Those were probably the biggest reveals we're going to see at E3 for a while. I think the only way it could ever be topped is if a publisher reveals that their big game in Development Hell is being released at the end of the year.

I'm not going to name names, but it's Half-Life 3. Of course it is. Hard to think of that press conference and not think of Half-Life 3.

Same for me. Shawn Layden talking about The Last Guardian was like meeting a dear friend after years of distance. Pure magic.
Also, i love that gif.

Elandyll

Banned
With the impossible trifecta of FF7R, TLG and Shenmue3, with Horizon and Dreams on top and the insane UC4 gameplay pursuit, Sony won multiple E3s worth of E3 in a single E3 conference imo (yep, 3 times)...

what a glorious bump! Yes, Yes, Yes!

It happened!

I can only imagine it being better if I was actually in a theater surrounded by PS fans...

What a show!

With the impossible trifecta of FF7R, TLG and Shenmue3, with Horizon and Dreams on top and the insane UC4 gameplay pursuit, Sony won multiple E3s worth of E3 in a single E3 conference imo (yep, 3 times)...

I remember i was like:
Yeah, Beth revealed Fallout 4 for 2015,awesome. Microsoft had a nice conference. EA was ultra boring and Ubisoft was mediocre. Sony will have nothing to show this year.

Then... Well, i was almost crying.

Everyone who worked to put this conference together must have been so proud of themselves and so excited to see the audience's reaction. What a great show.

jiggle

Still baffles me how shenmue became associated with ps
The huber reaction was priceless though

Was a hard task for them to top e3 2014
But topping e32015 will be next to impossible really

Still baffles me how shenmue became associated with ps
The huber reaction was priceless though

Was a hard task for them to top e3 2014
But topping e32015 will be next to impossible really

If Sony partners with Valve again a Left 4 Dead 3 reveal would be pretty huge, aside from the obvious HL3. About the only thing that would make me absolutely lose my shit gaming wise though would be Chrono Break.

Just watched the GT reaction again, doesn't get old.

Only problem with that conference is, it's official that nobody will ever enjoy another conference again. They shot it all.

Although it's a bummer that the fucking alien technology level of master Uncharted 4 demo was overlooked by the other things. That shit is unreal.

The Ummah

Banned
Maybe they started a new tradition at E3. 2016, same intro but replace The Last Guardian with Silent Hills.

I just made myself sad.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
It wouldn't get topped even with HL3, they'd need more than just one extremely unexpected game. Which just shows how crazy good this conference was.

For me it kinda would. It's now my most expected unannounced game. That said, it would require Gabe saying they are showing something at E3 for me to get excited, and even then it'd be probably L4D3 instead of HL3.

But yeah HL3+Agent+Crash would come close or even top it, depending on how they present it. EDIT: Scratch that, showing a new horror game from Kojima/Del Toro/Ito would top it. Meltdowns would happen, even if it's for Sony.

I watched this live in spain at 4 am or something, man it was really worth it, this was the best conference ever, last guardian ff7 and shenmue 3, uncharted 4, dreams and horizon, i don´t think this conference will ever be surpassed, just too awesomeness in a single conference, holy shit.

18221787244_d8ac3f0c02_o.png

From OP

Legendary.

Don't think this E3 could ever be topped. Can't think of any combo that would. Maybe like Crash Bandicoot reboot, Colony Wars reboot, and Monster Hunter on PS4 might get close for me, but still not all the way. Just a shame that FFVII-R turned out to be a full on remake instead of just the original game with a current gen engine. That would have been legendary. With the current inability of SE to make a great FF game I worry that any changes to the original formula won't be positive ones.

We'll see though. Hopefully at PSX we get a gameplay trailer.

Neogaf was down for me from the opening all the way beyond the Shenmue 3 announcement. Think I was able to post a comment or 2 when the third party stuff was on, but it was sketchy even then.

I drove 2 hours to the nearest city that had Sony's conference livestreamed in a theatre. Didn't know what to expect. No leaks, no sense of what kind of conference it would be, gaf was low key on it. "Why no leaks? Probably have nothing to show." "Ughh VR is gonna take up so much stage time like Wonderbook", etc...I arrive at the theatre and was pleasantly surprised at getting free popcorn and a drink.

Show begins (on time) with The Last Guardian. My jaw drops. All that time keeping my belief alive that TLG was still real, while Nirolak and others tried to kill the hope. It finally happened, and it happened so gloriously, right at the show opener. Wait a minute, if this is how the show starts, what the hell is gonna top that? Well, Horizon Zero Dawn gets shown next, and my jaw is still on the floor. The rest is history as they say...

This recap video perfectly sums up the conference and my feels:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOgXnmgx1IE

I drove 2 hours to the nearest city that had Sony's conference livestreamed in a theatre. Didn't know what to expect. No leaks, no sense of what kind of conference it would be, gaf was low key on it. "Why no leaks? Probably have nothing to show." "Ughh VR is gonna take up so much stage time like Wonderbook", etc...I arrive at the theatre and was pleasantly surprised at getting free popcorn and a drink.

Show begins (on time) with The Last Guardian. My jaw drops. All that time keeping my belief alive that TLG was still real, while Nirolak and others tried to kill the hope. It finally happened, and it happened so gloriously, right at the show opener. Wait a minute, if this is how the show starts, what the hell is gonna top that? Well, Horizon Zero Dawn gets shown next, and my jaw is still on the floor. The rest is history as they say...

This recap video perfectly sums up the conference and my feels:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOgXnmgx1IE

It must have been awesome to watch it in a theatre with other fans... Lucky you! :-D

I remember someone of IGN Italy saying that the crowd at the conference was really shocked. I wonder why!!

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I was in a theater with my BFF that had no idea how awesome the things he was witnessing were. That cold The Last Guardian opening is the stuff of legends. The an awesome exciting new IP. Then just when you're like, y'know, this is a good conference. That 11/10 FF7 trailer. That alone is an entire 7 months of buildup. I was out of breath then. I was satisfied. Then shenmue. I literally left the theatre during the CoD breather to use the restroom and catch my breath. Hooping and hollering and holy shits. Was soooooo good. I'm gonna be an old fucking man reminiscing about how they just don't do E3 like the 10's anymore.

Skyo

Lol, oh yes, i remember this clearly; 2-3am, laying in bed, had to muffle myself using the pillow. Best conference ever, the dreams and hopes were realized by fans all over the world. A joyous moment indeed. :p

This was the greatest conference of all time. It probably won't ever be topped. I was fortunate to host as an MVP in Oahu for the theater showing it and I still remember the feels I got when I saw those 3 megatons hit the screen.

farisr

The only time where a game related announcement actually invoked an audible reaction from me while alone. Actually 2. The first one was FF7R, where I went "oh my god, they did it!" and did an air punch as though this happened because of me, LOL. The 2nd one was a "wtf, no way" at shenmue.

Ploid 3.0

Thank you! :-D

I sometimes, ok I often follow a thread as I'm watching footage (tv series, gaming conferences, etc.) along with the time stamps on gaf forums to get that feeling of going back in time and experiencing it all with the now banned people (hah). Usually the stuff I do that with is at least a year old, this isn't even 6 months old. It's not too big of a raise from the dead, but more of a legitimate "late to the party" post.

And now I shall probably watch that long Sony E3 2015 reaction compilation video in the background while I play Divinity OS EE. Always bring a smile to my face.

ouhxdsG.jpg

Our Hashimoto, who art in Japan,
Hallowed be FF7 Remake.
Thy release come.
Thy game be done
On PS4, as it is on PS1.
Give us this day our announcement trailer,
And forgive us our GIFs,
As we forgive those who GIF against us.
Lead us not into trolling,
But deliver us a remake.
For thine is Cloud,
The One Winged Angel,
For ever and ever.
Please Be Excited.

tumblr_lqo9vtc6qV1qersozo1_500.gif

This is gold.

ChaosXVI

I'll never forget watching this conference...I was watching on my laptop, while my wife was on the floor watching TV...I was so shocked at The Last Guardian...and then FFVII was completely nuts...

...But as soon as I heard the opening 2-3 seconds of Shenmue's theme, I gasped really loudly, and shouted "No...FUCKING...WAAAAAY!!!!" so loud my wife got very, very angry with me.

I've never had such an instant emotional response to an E3 announcement. I imagine I would if a Retro-developed Metroid ever gets announced again...but for now, this can be the best thing.

I really can't see a conference topping this one ever, by any company. I mean, never say never and all, because for the longest time Nintendo's E3 2004 was my clear winner, but still...it's difficult to imagine something beating this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom