• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmuroChan

My predictions:

- Sucker Punch's new IP opens the show

- Shawn Layden welcomes the audience and says a few words

- Destiny 2 gameplay trailer, PS4 has exclusive content

- Red Dead 2 gameplay trailer, Special Edition PS4 Pro bundle announced

- COD: WWII gameplay trailer, DLC comes to PS4 first

- Devil May Cry 5 Reveal, releases January 2018

PSVR Segment

- Andrew House announces PSVR price drop to $299, and new VR controllers to replace current Move controllers

- Star Wars Battlefront II VR Mission

- Dreams announced to be fully compatible with VR, releasing Spring 2018, Beta this Fall

- Teaser trailer for Sony's Manchester Studio's AAA VR title

- Sizzle Reel of upcoming PSVR games

PSVR Segment ends

- Days Gone gameplay trailer, release date September 2017

- Gran Turismo Sport gameplay trailer, release date October 2017

- God of War gameplay trailer, release date February 2018

- Spider Man gameplay trailer, no release date

- Death Stranding Cinematic trailer, Emma Stone revealed as female protagonist

One more thing.....

- Short CG teaser....From Software / Japan Studio....Directed by Miyazaki....Bloodborne 2

The God

What about those three new Capcom games that leaked earlier in the year? Maybe one of them could show up.

Knights of Aegis sounded really cool

Knights of Aegis

1974, New York City. You are recruited into the Order of Aegis, an elite brotherhood of Mystic Knights sworn to protect and keep the peace between the mortal and supernatural realms.
When a powerful evil stirs in the darkness, you must master the ancient powers of the past in order to save humanity's future.

An Action Shooter with Elemental Magic Mastery
-Unlock an arsenal of modern weaponry and elemental spells. Become a master of the elements to defeat the most powerful creatures in the city.

A Detailed and Intriguing Campaign
-Uncover a poweful evil that is brewing in the darkness as you explore a rich narrative-driven world. Investigate crime scenes to piece together a case and bring the orchestrators to justice.

Guns & Magic Combat System
-Dual-wield elemental magic and modern guns and combine them to create a wide variety of powers to destroy your enemies, protect yourself from danger, and turn the enviroment to your advantage.

Classical Supernatural Creatures
-Battle renowned supernatural creatures like Werewolves, Angels, Goblins, and Demons. Identify their weaknesses to take them down, and prepare yourself to fight gargantuan monsters in your quest to vanquish evil from the world.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1342621&page=1

Sony's pressers have been nothing less than orgasmic the last couple of years so im on that hype train stupid hard.
the cum train

I mean. the lineup of GoW, Death Stranding, TLOU, and RDR2 is INSANE already. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!??
and then there are suprise games such as the Sucker Punch IP.
gonna be absolutley ridiculous

DKHF

I didn't think it was really threadworthy but the VA of Cloud Strife has been doing "a little recording" for him in the last few days https://twitter.com/1SteveBurton/status/857582795748757504. I think that's for an FFVIIR E3 trailer/footage, it only being a "little" recording would suit that. His appearance in Mobius has been dubbed/released in English a little while ago so I don't think it's for that or anything else.

gosoxtim

Yeah I fully expect FFVII Remake to show up here. It's been a long time since we've seen anything substantial on it so they have to of made some large progress.

KH3 is a no show I think.
i think the opsite since the kh world tour is happeing arond e3 and i see final fantasy 7 remake will be be at the playstion experince in dember since it close to the anniversary

How do we feel about PSVR showing up at E3? It seems like Sony launched the thing and haven't really give us a big pledge of support since then. I know there are titles coming out every now and then, but the messaging seems mixed.

I don't want to see them force first-party devs to make VR titles, but right now it just feels like a weird experiment that they aren't fully committed to. I want proof that it'll get more support and possibly some redesigned move controllers. Otherwise, just give us some release dates for new games!

gosoxtim

I didn't think it was really threadworthy but the VA of Cloud Strife has been doing "a little recording" for him in the last few days https://twitter.com/1SteveBurton/status/857582795748757504. I think that's for an FFVIIR E3 trailer/footage, it only being a "little" recording would suit that. His appearance in Mobius has been dubbed/released in English a little while ago so I don't think it's for that or anything else.
it could be alos kh3 you know that right since since cloud probally going to kh3 for the sepriroth arc ending

gosoxtim

''Non-stop Kingdom Hearts news in 2017'' -Tetsuya Nomura

-promised winter announcements nowhere to be seen
-E3 no show
-Tabata replaces Nomura after the event, game releases in September
yeah no if sombody does replace for unlonow reason it going to be tai yasue

Elfstruck

How do we feel about PSVR showing up at E3? It seems like Sony launched the thing and haven't really give us a big pledge of support since then. I know there are titles coming out every now and then, but the messaging seems mixed

Farpoint just gone gold. Also, Sony opened a new studio for PSVR, so it takes time to get it going.

DKHF

it could be alos kh3 you know that right since since cloud probally going to kh3 for the sepriroth arc ending
Cloud could appear in KH3?!? No way! I know he could appear but the fact he's recording a "little" a bit over a month before E3 and both KH3 and FFVIIR seem to be a ways off (probably 1.5 years away) makes me thinks it could be for an FFVIIR E3 trailer.

gosoxtim

Cloud could appear in KH3?!? No way! I know he could appear but the fact he's recording a "little" a bit over a month before E3 and both KH3 and FFVIIR seem to be a ways off (probably 1.5 years away) makes me thinks it could be for an FFVIIR E3 trailer.
i know that dont rule out cloud in a kh3 trailer i have my dounts that we see 7 remake at e3 this year but will see it at playstaion experice in decmeber

Wozman23

My Predictions (or more-so things I hope will happen, many of which have almost no chance of happening)

New Ratchet & Clank (that isn't a remake)
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time sequel from Sanzaru
Resistance 4 from Insomniac
The Order: 1886 sequel from Ready at Dawn
Horizon DLC
Puppeteer 2
Sucker Punch game gets a 2017 release date
God of War gets a 2017 release date
Days Gone and Spider-Man get early to mid 2018 release dates
Vane and Hellblade get release dates
Queasy Games has a new rhythm game
Playstation All-Stars returns

And just in case all that happens, Psi-ops 2 and Beyond Good and Evil 2

DKHF

i know that dont rule out cloud in a kh3 trailer i have my dounts that we see 7 remake at e3 this year but will see it at playstaion experice in decmeber
I doubt Cloud will speak much in the first KH3 trailer in forever. I disagree about it not showing up until PSX. I'm confident FFVIIR will be at Sony's E3 conference. I think what could happen is the KH3 trailer is shown at the LA concert on June 10 then released to the public immediately after. Then FFVIIR trailer or stage demo at Sony's conference. But I also think both could be at the Sony conference.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Is that leak of God of war releasing in September even possible? Game doesn't even look that far ahead

I still think there's a chance for GOW releasing this year. The whole thing about Sony only releasing games in Q1/Q2 seems like more of a happy accident than anything intentional. Uncharted 4, Horizon and The Order were all scheduled for holiday releases and if you believe rumors, SSM's cancelled game was also planned for a holiday release.

gosoxtim

I doubt Cloud will speak much in the first KH3 trailer in forever. I disagree about it not showing up until PSX. I'm confident FFVIIR will be at Sony's E3 conference. I think what could happen is the KH3 trailer is shown at the LA concert on June 10 then released to the public immediately after. Then FFVIIR trailer or stage demo at Sony's conference. But I also think both could be at the Sony conference.
highly happen we get kh3 at psx confernce then the same trailer will be be shown at the concert on the 14th with more details and news as for the remake don't be surpise if the reame is not there i just a feeling that might save it for playstaion experince with a release date there but will see what happens next month

DKHF

highly happen we get kh3 at psx confernce then the same trailer will be be shown at the concert on the 14th with more details and news as for the remake don't be surpise if the reame is not there i just a feeling that might save it for playstaion experince with a release date there but will see what happens next month
Can't understand what you're saying in your first point...

About the remake not being there, I think it will be. Nomura had footage he wanted to show in February and the producer said in February that when they show it next he wants it to be more than just a trailer, wanting people to experience the game. So I think they might go big with it at E3.

Puppeteer 2

Gavin Moore on the big stage dropping this bomb would suffice for me. That's all E3 '17 would have to do to appease me.

Actually, I'm gonna dig out my copy of Puppeteer sometime soon and give it another spin I think. Literally haven't played the game since 2012, and I keep randomly thinking about it lately with much fondness. Better still, enough time has passed that much of its campaign has become foggy in my mind, so I've got the benefit of going in semi-fresh now!

AmuroChan

I was with you until I saw Emma Stone in Death Stranding. That was a poor photoshop job lol. However the rest of your show sounds lovely and I'm here for that.

I wasn't going by the photoshop job. I was going by the fact that Kojima has made no secrets that he loves La La Land and Emma Stone in particular. So I don't think that it's too far-fetched that he would want to work with her on DS.

Since Sony e3 is the time for miracles, my hopes are for a SOCOM or Syphon Filter announcement. Make our dreams come true Shu! Damn these hype threads!

Well here's what Shu said last:

“I appreciate the passion and their [fans] dedication. Every time there is a chance to voice their opinion or things they want to see come back. The latest that I understand had over 10,000 people signed up? So there is high expectations and when there is a rumor we are bringing back some of the PS2 games, they are like oh!…SOCOM was one of the PS2 titles, they want to see it and it wasn’t there. I thought I had to address that because there was such a high expectation. I said we had nothing that we can talk about and we don’t have plans for a new SOCOM game anytime soon.”

That last line, nothing they can talk about and nothing anytime soon doesn't shut the door to me that they may have been having internal discussions back then. It's been 2 years since.. He had also shot down the possibility of a crash remake back then and we've seen what's happened since. So maybe it's not the miracle everybody is making it out to be but a real possibility.

Hyped for Sucker Punch most of all. Out of Sony's studios they craft the best feeling gameplay. As good as uncharted 4, Horizon etc are, Second Son still has a higher fun factor to the core gameplay imo.

I'll be concerned if they are a no show at E3. They've been dead silent for 3 years.

No way they dont address Last of Us 2 somehow. There's too much hype around it.

Last of Us one had about 6 months turnaround between reveal and demo.

AmuroChan

How do we feel about PSVR showing up at E3? It seems like Sony launched the thing and haven't really give us a big pledge of support since then. I know there are titles coming out every now and then, but the messaging seems mixed.

I don't want to see them force first-party devs to make VR titles, but right now it just feels like a weird experiment that they aren't fully committed to. I want proof that it'll get more support and possibly some redesigned move controllers. Otherwise, just give us some release dates for new games!

I'm sure they'll have a segment for VR at E3. They just released Starblood Arena a month ago and Farpoint is about to come out. Both are first party published titles. Like you said, I don't think they'll force 1st party studios to work on VR titles if VR isn't their forte. They have Sony London and the new Manchester Studio who will be Sony's VR studios essentially. I can see Media Molecule perhaps moving in that direction as well since VR is perfect for creative, experimental ideas.

Vyrance

I still think there's a chance for GOW releasing this year. The whole thing about Sony only releasing games in Q1/Q2 seems like more of a happy accident than anything intentional. Uncharted 4, Horizon and The Order were all scheduled for holiday releases and if you believe rumors, SSM's cancelled game was also planned for a holiday release.

I'd expect March for God of War. Every God of War game except Ghost of Sparta for PSP has released in March.

It showing up is fine so long as the segment isn't too long. And the only reason I say that is, whatever your feelings on VR, its not one of those things I feel you can sell on stage at a conference. You have to experience it yourself to really get it.

sjay1994

Well it had the advantage of ND being seperated into 2 teams back then, with one working on U3 while the TLOU team worked on it since maybe after U2.

Where as Drukmann and Straley just got of U4, so I don't think that same turn around is likely.

I await the theater experience announcement. Last year was my first year and hearing that GOW track and knowing "this is GOW isn't it!?" was hype AF.

And Spiderman... can't wait to see more of that.

BigEmil

Are we getting a Peggle megaton announcment?
18qf5hn35wy9xgif.gif

xaosslug

My Predictions (or more-so things I hope will happen, many of which have almost no chance of happening)

Horizon DLC
Puppeteer 2

holy shit I would dieeeee. I have such fond memories of Psi-Ops. I remember renting it over and over again from Blockbuster as a kid, playing it w/ my brother and sister. T___T

Turkoop

Banned
Druckmann said few weeks before, they are experimenting with gameplay prototypes. So the game is really in a very *early* stage. So how can you expect already a Gameplay Trailer or even a demo.

at best we will get a CGI-Trailer or some Infos during a panel, how the actors doing etc.

Death Stranding is definitely more advanced in development than TLOU 2, even (perhaps) the game will be more complex/bigger. So I think we will get a lot of DS details. No demo but a new Trailer, shown us another Ludens.

gosoxtim

Can't understand what you're saying in your first point...

About the remake not being there, I think it will be. Nomura had footage he wanted to show in February and the producer said in February that when they show it next he wants it to be more than just a trailer, wanting people to experience the game. So I think they might go big with it at E3.

i said i think square will show kh3 at the sony conference then it will be shown again on the concert that on the 14 with more details as for the 7 remake i don't think they go big there and go big at the playstion experince in december

protonion

What I hope

- God of War best set piece of all time.
Releases Q4 this year.

-Other stuff

-One more thing...
Screen goes black... A woman's voice is
heared. "Welcome back good hunter".

Crowd cheers to death. Sony wins.

Oh my God,the possibilities,God of War release date march 2018,Death Stranding new trailer,Red Dead Redemption gameplay and launch date hope it is 2017,gameplays from Detroit Became Human,Days Gone,Spiderman,new IP's hype level 9000

there is no need for TLOU if you look at Sonys Line Up.
With Games like Days Gone,GOW,Spiderman, FF7Remake, Shenmue, Sucker Punch new Ip Bloodborne 2 - there are more enough blockbuster titles for their e3 conference.

TLOU 2 is imo a safe bet for PSX

The God

there is no need for TLOU if you look at Sonys Line Up.
With Games like Days Gone,GOW,Spiderman, FF7Remake, Shenmue, Sucker Punch new Ip Bloodborne 2 - there are more enough blockbuster titles for their e3 conference.

TLOU 2 is imo a safe bet for PSX
Who/what determines this "need" for certain games to be shown

besides, making an E3 presentation takes a lot of time for developers, considering how early TLOU 2 might be, I don't think they want to take out resources to build a presentation right now.

I know nothing about the state of the game so they just might, but I don't see it. Maybe another cinematic teaser.

Well here's what Shu said last:

That last line, nothing they can talk about and nothing anytime soon doesn't shut the door to me that they may have been having internal discussions back then. It's been 2 years since.. He had also shot down the possibility of a crash remake back then and we've seen what's happened since. So maybe it's not the miracle everybody is making it out to be but a real possibility.

Look, I always tell you I share your hopes of a new SOCOM... but you're not going to convince me to be optimistic lol. Crash was different, activision played its part there.

And he's not going to completely shut the door to any franchise. Why would he? He's not going to say we have no future plans for any socom ever. Doesn't mean there will ever be a socom again. Would glad for you to be right here, I'd be happy to be eating crow next month.

RootCause

Horizon DLC
Puppeteer 2