• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new PS4 could easily be a Super Slim model for further cost-cutting and hitting the $199 price range. Not necessarily a new Pro model.

That being said, while I'm not distrustful of unvetted/vetted leaks, the thing about HW leaks is more often than not that unless they're from devs, we don't hear them from players since even devs have very limited knowledge of next-gen specs until they're announced.

It just feels weird that this would be the first real murmur we're hearing of it instead of via non-game related channels.

bombshell

A new PS4 could easily be a Super Slim model for further cost-cutting and hitting the $199 price range. Not necessarily a new Pro model.

That being said, while I'm not distrustful of unvetted/vetted leaks, the thing about HW leaks is more often than not that unless they're from devs, we don't hear them from players since even devs have very limited knowledge of next-gen specs until they're announced.

It just feels weird that this would be the first real murmur we're hearing of it instead of via non-game related channels.

The same poster followed up "the next PS4" claim with the following clarification when someone speculated that it also could just mean a same specs Pro slim.

My source specifically said "the new PS4 to compete with Scorpio".

But again, even knowing him, it's hard to believe.

Surprises are not all that is needed for a good show. Gameplay showcases of God of War, RDR2, Spiderman, Dreams, Days Gone, Detroit... Plus, we don't know what Sucker Punch is doing, and there is a chance StudiosJapan/FROM have some projects in the pipeline also.

They have so much quality games that are yet to be released, they can easily fill up 1hr of presentation.

Same here for me.
I'm actually just interested in gameplay blowouts for GoW, Days Gone, Detroit, Spidey etc.

I mean we've barely seen these titles and I'm eager to see how they actually Play and Look with another year of dev time since E3 16.

There will be surprises, but I don't need a barrage of megaton announcements for it to be classified as a good show.

DKHF

It's someone posting rumors without being willed to reveal his sources (not to the public obviously, but to the mods).

We could all post any kinds of rumors out of our asses and fabricate stuff. Not necessary to even waste time to think about rumors like that.
As I said I agree that it's probably not real I'm just entertaining the notion of it happening for the sake of discussion. He's been registered for 5 years so I would think he would know not to post "leaks" he isn't sure of but I just saw he said there's a chance he's been lied to (though he seems convinced otherwise) so maybe not...

Mikey Jr.

Sony should probably focus less on hardware, and maybe address the absolute snails pace they have going for features.

Xbox seems to have new shit every few weeks.

Eggbok

Sony should probably focus less on hardware, and maybe address the absolute snails pace they have going for features.

Xbox seems to have new shit every few weeks.

And PlayStation seems to have new games every few weeks, priorities I guess?
But seriously I would honestly love if features came out more frequently for PS4. They need to ditch the new notification layout, make it possible to delete notifications or clear the list, be able to actually delete messages instead of just leaving the "group", etc.

I can't help but feel this is gonna be a lame ass show compared to the last two years. I hope they prove me wrong, but it feels like they've already thrown every surprise they had at us, except Sucker Punch's new game, wich I don't think will be that big of a deal.
Yep, just like the last two years when people weren't expecting surprises.

Auctopus

Yep, just like the last two years when people weren't expecting surprises.

Pretty much why they've got me excited this year. I was in that poster's mindset this time last year thinking how there wasn't anything that could surprise me and they did it. They also went from relying on megaton surprises to beef up the show to just raising the entire standard of an E3 Press conference.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Excited for new God of War game play and (hopefully) a demo. Can't wait to see what kind of Pro implementation that game will have.

Pretty much why they've got me excited this year. I was in that poster's mindset this time last year thinking how there wasn't anything that could surprise me and they did it. They also went from relying on megaton surprises to beef up the show to just raising the entire standard of an E3 Press conference.
Right, I don't mean to imply Sony will always have surprises but I think we all should have learned by now that Sony can be unpredictable in that regard. At least this gen, you just never know what Sony has up their sleeve. Even if they don't have any surprises, the content we know about with the showmanship and pacing from last year will make the show, at the very least, good.

Turkoop

Banned
I think it'll be a solid show, not a surprising one. I mean they've got games to show, and thats what counts really, rather than surprises. Not that surprises wouldn't be nice too.

Sony has always some surprises...

2013: the price and policy
2014: The Order, Bloodborne, UC4
2015: TLG, Horizon, FF VII R
2016: Death Stranding, Days Gone, Spiderman

The God

Sony has always some surprises...

2013: the price and policy
2014: The Order, Bloodborne, UC4
2015: TLG, Horizon, FF VII R
2016: Death Stranding, Days Gone, Spiderman

Wouldn't call Horizon, DG or UC4 surprises. We knew they were coming, just like we know a Sucker Punch game is coming

Gurish

Wouldn't call Horizon, DG or UC4 surprises. We knew they were coming, just like we know a Sucker Punch game is coming

So what, we had no idea how Horizon or DG are going to play, and it's true for SP's game as well.

People were VERY surprised by Horizon's reveal, they didn't expect to be blown away like that and most chose it as their game of show even though it was part of a legendary E3.

In short, the fact that you know that a new game from a known studio is coming doesn't mean people aren't going to be surprised, especially when we are talking about a new IP, but even known IPs like GOW4 blew people away and they were very surprised by what they did with it.

So yea, SP and others can definitely do the same.

The God

So what, we had no idea how Horizon or DG are going to play, and it's true from SP's game as well.

People were VERY surprised by Horizon's reveal, they didn't expect to be blown away like that and most chose it as their game of show even though it was part of a legendary E3.

In short, the fact that you know that a new game from a known studio is coming doesn't mean people aren't going to be surprised, especially when we are talking about a new IP, but even known IPs like GOW4 blew people away and they were very surprised by what they did with it.

So yea, SP and others can definitely do the same.
Let me speak for myself then, I don't consider a first party game a surprise (unless it's something lije the revival of a dead IP), even if the game itself is something unexpected.

I expect Sucker Punch. I didn't expect Bloodborne or Spider-Man. That's just me.

Gurish

The better word to use is reveal. And even if you expect a reveal, it can still be surprising

Exactly, even the GOW4 reveal managed to be surprising, and we all know the IP and expected the upcoming reveal, and still no one expected the game to get such a massive overhaul on a level that it's almost a different game, and the game to actually have "feelings", this is what I call surprising :)

Bandit1

So tomorrow will be the 7th anniversary of Red Dead Redemption. I'm hoping Rockstar will break their silence tomorrow to commemorate the occasion, but that's probably wishful thinking. Although it is eerily close to 7 months since the reveal trailer... And there were 7 characters in the teaser image...

UzukiDvog

Neo Member
All i want from Sony conference this year is the fucking release dates, Give me that release dates Sony!

God of War, Spider-Man, Days Gone, Detroid, Dreams, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Shenmue 3, Kingdom Hearts 3, SuckeR Punch new IP, Bloodborne 2 etc. etc.

Don't need orchestra, beautiful cinematic trailers, just the release dates of all these games please.

Unknown?

All i want from Sony conference this year is the fucking release dates, Give me that release dates Sony!

God of War, Spider-Man, Days Gone, Detroid, Dreams, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Shenmue 3, Kingdom Hearts 3, SuckeR Punch new IP, Bloodborne 2 etc. etc.

Don't need orchestra, beautiful cinematic trailers, just the release dates of all these games please.
For a lot of those you know they will but they've never had an E3 without a few surprises. I fully expect more third party exclusive partnerships like with Bloodborne/Crash Bandicoot remakes.

Elginer

Sony has a hell of a line up already announced. Just show some gameplay, release dates and a few surprises and they're golden man. Looking forward to this and Ubi's show for that new AC game and Far Cry.

I'm expecting at least release windows for the bolded, although I think we'll learn Detroit's before E3.

AndyVirus

You'll get a couple of specific dates and a shitload of "2018".

FelipeMGM

you are in for some dissapointment then

Yeah, I definitely expect that Destiny 2 is going to get a Pro bundle

dahbdsgvyaaqhxklsbjn.jpg

Tomorrow starting at 10:00am Pacific Time, Bungie will premiere first gameplay footage from Destiny 2. Those attending the event will also get the chance to play the game for the first time on a PS4 Pro. It should be quite the show!

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/05/17/destiny-2-gameplay-reveal-tomorrow-watch-live/

It looks like they're going to push D2 hard with the Pro.

Urgh, since the leaks for Destiny were right. We might see a new PS4 Pro+ that competes with Scorpio. Dammit!

It was a forum poster here that claimed he had sources saying that there would be another upgraded PS4. He also said multiple sources were telling him that it'd run at 60fps on consoles, and that appears to be incorrect.

Can't wait for the GTSport and Spiderman release dates. Expecting GTS to release sooner than most people think but I hope they don't do what I think they're gonna do.

Auctopus

I guarantee somebody will come on stage at this conference, announce exclusive Destiny 2 content for THE PLAYSTATION NATION and then play the gameplay trailer we saw today.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
glad they showed a ton of D2 at the event. Hopefully that means no or very little of it at the presser.

Kyoufu

Then what's the point of having this event today? ugh the game did nothing for me, looks boring and bland as hell.

Going by your logic, there's no point of the Call of Duty event either because it'll be at E3.

For someone who frequents this forum so much I'd have thought your logic would make some sense, but it's quite the opposite. You've never made any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom