• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aly

Third party games will always present at E3 conferences. And not just Sony's. You'll still get your exclusive games. People need to stop crying about the same dumb shit every year.

Yep. You would think after seeing and hearing the sales of those big third party games that people would get it in their heads why these things show up on stage instead of crying and hoping not to see them every single conference.

Rainer70

It'll probably be a story/action trailer of sorts like the one that opened E3 2014. Maybe. Loved that presentation as well, especially with the galaxy map spanning across the giant wide screen.

I wouldn't mind that. Looking forward to Destiny 2 regardless of when/where it's shown. But I do hope Bungie saves some surprises for E3.

Boke1879

I hope Kojima isn't there for another trailer. Please just develop the game.

Kojima doesn't have to be physically there all the time for that though. I'm sure he trusts his team to do the grunt work.

Also whatever they show for Destiny it'll almost surely end with a Beta date or a "beta available after the conference sort of thing"

Whatever Sony has to show, I know their sheer showmanship will make it worth watching. And in theaters, no less.

If you're going to present them in this exciting and spectacular a fashion, I'll gladly watch your 1.5 hours of advertisements.

Am I the only one wondering why Sony isn't doing a "Be at our E3 presser in your own living room with PS VR!" deal. Seems like a layup.

Is GenDesign / Fumito Ueda working on a new game? Now that they've done with TLG. Imagine if they announce something like "Rise of the Colossus" a new colossus game in other universe not relationed with Trico series. That can be a megaton for sure.

This is my dream announcement. I want to believe that when they realized they couldn't do The Last Guardian on PS3, they started working on another project while waiting for PS4.

Bandit1

"Someone asked me once if I remembered how it all went down, as if it happened so long ago that anyone could forget. So yeah, I remember. I remember when our homes and our towns turned into graveyards. I remember when the wilderness became our only hope for survival. I remember when the planes fell out of the skies. When the trains stopped running. When the turbines shut down and the world went dark. I remember when they put up the razor wire, like it was going to stop anything. When the Feds ran out of body bags. When some of us sort of lost our minds. Some of us lost more than that - much more. I remember when we lived by a code, when brotherhood meant something, and living meant more than surviving. So yeah, I remember how it all went down. Now I don't give a damn about any of that. You know what I remember most? Riding the open road. The smell of your hair, the touch of your skin. I remember you. But those days are gone. Now I'm a drifter. A bounty hunter. A mercenary. And for me, the broken road is all that's left. But I'll always remember..."

maxresdefault.jpg

"Someone asked me once if I remembered how it all went down, as if it happened so long ago that anyone could forget. So yeah, I remember. I remember when our homes and our towns turned into graveyards. I remember when the wilderness became our only hope for survival. I remember when the planes fell out of the skies. When the trains stopped running. When the turbines shut down and the world went dark. I remember when they put up the razor wire, like it was going to stop anything. When the Feds ran out of body bags. When some of us sort of lost our minds. Some of us lost more than that - much more. I remember when we lived by a code, when brotherhood meant something, and living meant more than surviving. So yeah, I remember how it all went down. Now I don't give a damn about any of that. You know what I remember most? Riding the open road. The smell of your hair, the touch of your skin. I remember you. But those days are gone. Now I'm a drifter. A bounty hunter. A mercenary. And for me, the broken road is all that's left. But I'll always remember..."

maxresdefault.jpg
Hype! That was a damn good trailer.(imo) can't wait to see more of this and dreams the most

camac002

maxresdefault.jpg

A bit of minor info for people who didn't know: Courtnee Draper (Elizabeth from Bioshock) plays the woman on the bike with him. Don't think they ever officially announced that but Witwer let it slip.

Bandit1

Hype! That was a damn good trailer.(imo) can't wait to see more of this and dreams the most

I really liked the trailer as well. Probably my favorite cinematic trailer from last year.

A bit of minor info for people who didn't know: Courtnee Draper (Elizabeth from Bioshock) plays the woman on the bike with him. Don't think they ever officially announced that but Witwer let it slip.

That's cool, I kind of hope we get some flashback levels, as I assume she will be killed in the outbreak.

Can someone share with me how to post images on mobile?

ActWan

maxresdefault.jpg

I really need to see more of this game, it's promising but the trailer was pretty shite (the gunplay and zombies looked really bad imo)

Sony historically does 3-4 new big announcements per E3.

Even in the single best case scenario, those would be 30-40 minutes if every single announcement was a 10-minute long gameplay reveal.

Sony's conference is at 9PM for me and I can watch it but I don't know if the hype from the conference will keep me up or not. I'll want to stay up for reactions and threads. I might just deal with it and go to work the next day.

maxresdefault.jpg
Man, I loved that trailer.

The gameplay wasn't too hot though, so hopefully it'll have a better showing this time.

Bandit1

I really need to see more of this game, it's promising but the trailer was pretty shite (the gunplay and zombies looked really bad imo)

Man, I loved that trailer.

The gameplay wasn't too hot though, so hopefully it'll have a better showing this time.

I had mixed feelings about the gameplay demo. The horde was pretty cool, but taking them all on and using all that ammo didn't quite sit right with me. Later I believe the devs said you would have to find/save a lot of ammo to do that mission, so that eased some of my concerns.

I wanna see some more bike gameplay. See it ride in the snow, etc

This is what I want to see too. Riding the bike, weather, and some scavenging/crafting.

I had mixed feelings about the gameplay demo. The horde was pretty cool, but taking them all on and using all that ammo didn't wuite sit right with me. Later I believe the devs said you would have to find/save a lot of ammo to do that mission, so that eased some of my concerns.

This is what I want to see too. Riding the bike, weather, and some scavenging/crafting.
Yea them being to careful was the demos downfall. Take off the god mode.

Neonep

DMC5 or bust!!!

In all honesty all I want is DMC5, Armored Core 6, Soul Calibur 6, and more info on Spider-Man & Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite.

I had mixed feelings about the gameplay demo. The horde was pretty cool, but taking them all on and using all that ammo didn't quite sit right with me. Later I believe the devs said you would have to find/save a lot of ammo to do that mission, so that eased some of my concerns.
To be honest the info (which was posted again a few pages back) that we got from that game, made me a lot more interested in it than the gameplay. I wanna see more of those stuff in their next presentation.
DMC5 or bust!!!

In all honesty all I want is DMC5, Armored Core 6, Soul Calibur 6, and more info on Spider-Man & Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite.
6Pm3IAV4D.gif

Masagiwa

DMC5 or bust!!!

I really doubt we see anything Armored Core at E3. That series is very niche. No matter how respected FROMSOFTWARE has become, I think we see this game at a gamescom, tgs or psx if they are gonna announce it. Their next dark fantasy game will surely make the stage if they have anything to show. All other games u mentioned, sick!

B.O.O.M

maxresdefault.jpg

Music was on point in that trailer. I'm still not fully convinced by this game however. Let's see if future reveals change my mind.

kevin1025

Banned

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm really hoping this is one of their fall games. Gran Turismo, Knack, and this would be bonkers. Although I'm still a little convinced Detroit is coming this year, so who knows.

maxresdefault.jpg
I swear to god all I could think of while watching the trailer for this game was "Last of Us Spin Off?"even when logo showed up I was expecting the Last of Us logo to show up somewhere. Stupid I know but man that trailer was giving me Last of Us vibes XD it even looks like it!

Obviously the game turned out entirely different and I'm really hyped for it. Mostly because I want to drive on the motorcycles with the bros.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
This will be my first E3 as a PS4 owner. Hopefully there's some exciting stuff. I'd definitely like to see more about Spider-Man. Does anyone have a guess as to whether an appearance from FFVIIR is likely?

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm really happy this game appealed to people and caught their attention because it did absolutely nothing for me and I generally want all games and developers to see success. I'm glad it has a market.

Thorrgal

He also recently said this

http://gematsu.com/2017/03/dark-sou...ed-whether-not-next-game-resembles-dark-souls

"I'm not making Dark Souls...but I might be making something that's very much like Dark Souls."

Interesting...we were discusing earlier "what makes a Souls game?"

My stance was that basically a Dark Fantasy ARPG made by From is bound to be a souls-like game. We know it's not gonna be easy, that's a given.We know it's gonna have an interesting level design.

The only thing that could be missing is the souls mechanic of losing the xp when u die...but is that really what makes a soulsborne game, or could they change that mechanic into a diferent thing and still be consideres a soulslike game? They could make a BB2 with that new mechanic and noone would argue twice at it not being souls-like

So imo they will make a soulslike game because that's what a dark fantasy arpg made by Miyazaki is, it just won't be a sequel, but a new IP.

It also coincides with what sneakers says, and he is the only real "insider" we have in this thread atm.

PS: Another interesting thing to point out is that Miyazaki went from "definitely no more souls/souls like games" to a "maybe yes to the soulslike part" an nothing happened. Nothing at all. That's why the discussion I was having with Killer Queen was taking place (could they be making a soulslike game), and he's point was "but miyazaki said no soulslike either". Now he changed his mind. He could change his mind again, say that the game they were working on evolved into something very similar to a Demon Souls game and that at that point they decided it made change to just name it Demon Souls 2, specially if it's a Sony exclusive and Bluepoint is remastering the first one.

Tl;dr: Any ARPG made by Miyazaki is bound to be "Soulslike". Probably a new IP, but don't rule out a sequel just because he said so.. people change their minds and many circumstances come into play

AndyVirus

A bit of minor info for people who didn't know: Courtnee Draper (Elizabeth from Bioshock) plays the woman on the bike with him.

I thought she'd get a lot of roles after Bioshock and assumed she wasn't pursuing video games when I heard nothing since so glad to hear.

Interesting...we were discusing earlier "what makes a Souls game?"

My stance was that basically a Dark Fantasy ARPG made by From is bound to be a souls-like game. We know it's not gonna be easy, that's a given.We know it's gonna have an interesting level design.

The only thing that could be missing is the souls mechanic of losing the xp when u die...but is that really what makes a soulsborne game, or could they change that mechanic into a diferent thing and still be consideres a soulslike game? They could make a BB2 with that new mechanic and noone would argue twice at it not being souls-like

So imo they will make a soulslike game because that's what a dark fantasy arpg made by Miyazaki is, it just won't be a sequel, but a new IP.

It also coincides with what sneakers says, and he is the only real "insider" we have in this thread atm.

PS: Another interesting thing to point out is that Miyazaki went from "definitely no more souls/souls like games" to a "maybe yes to the soulslike part" an nothing happened. Nothing at all. That's why the discussion I was having with Killer Queen was taking place (could they be making a soulslike game), and he's point was "but miyazaki said no soulslike either". Now he changed his mind. He could change his mind again, say that the game they were working on evolved into something very similar to a Demon Souls game and that at that point they decided it made change to just name it Demon Souls 2, specially if it's a Sony exclusive and Bluepoint is remastering the first one.

Tl;dr: Any ARPG made by Miyazaki is bound to be "Soulslike". Probably a new IP, but don't rule out a sequel just because he said so.. people change their minds and many circumstances come into play

It's been less than a year since he made that statement, he also reiterated that nothing has changed about said statement a few months ago. And whether or not he had actually changed his mind wouldn't be known to us for another 2 years at the very minimum, but realistically more. Like after From releases their own new IP.

But they have full creative freedom to do whatever they want with their next game and explore new ground so I don't expect them to be coming back any time soon. In addition to that, I posted a quote earlier that says Fromsoft's fatigue with the souls gsmes isn't just his own but the company's itself. They collectively want tk go on to make new things. Its really only the fans that are unable to let go and afraid of change.

Thorrgal

It's been less than a year since he made that statement, he also reiterated that nothing has changed about said statement a few months ago. And whether or not he had actually changed his mind wouldn't be known to us for another 2 years at the very minimum, but realistically more. Like after From releases their own new IP.

But they have full creative freedom to do whatever they want with their next game and explore new ground so I don't expect them to be coming back any time soon. In addition to that, I posted a quote earlier that says Fromsoft's fatigue with the souls gsmes isn't just his own but the company's itself. They collectively want tk go on to make new things. Its really only the fans that are unable to let go and afraid of change.

We'll see ;)

iosefe

What would you want a Pain game to look like? A full on sequel or something crazier?

PAIN VR? that could be intresting if like a floating camerea and get to see all the destruction etc. like the playroom claw machine room enviroments just look so much cooler in VR imo

a VR title would probably be the best bet. original game had 3D functionality which could probably be translated easy enough

the reintroduction of PAIN was gonna be free to play. if it remains F2P, they will probably still make everyone pay for characters. can't remember what else was for sale. i expect paid stages

People need to quit complaining about third party AAA titles showing up. Seriously, what's the problem? Sony will have their first party announcements as well. The third party stuff is not a snooze fest.

____

People need to quit complaining about third party AAA titles showing up. Seriously, what's the problem? Sony will have their first party announcements as well. The third party stuff is not a snooze fest.

I feel that they are a snooze-fest for the most part, but I also understand why they're there and just use that time as bathroom breaks or surfing GAF OT.

The God

Maybe they are a snooze fest for those people. For a lot of GAF the exclusive content is the main course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom