• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I like how Halo 5 (84%), Forza 6 (87%) and Gears (82% for Ultimate, 84% for 4) all have a better Metacritic score than The Last Guardian (82%).

What a letdown in Hype that game seemed to be.

And yet it trounced those games in terms of Game of the Year awards and scored higher than any of those on GAF's own GOTY list.

tusken77

6lWbDg9.jpg

When the stars align: When an unexpected and nearly impossible event takes place.

Attempting the near impossible of matching/surpassing your previous two conferences, Sony?

This is gonna be good.

Harmen

I am desperate to see more Spidey and God of War. I also am eager to see how Days Gone and Detroid: Become Human are coming along.

Anyways, potential reveals of exclusive new titles:
-From Software reveal (maybe another collab with Sony Japan?).
-Sucker Punch teaser/trailer.

I have no clue what to expect to be honest.

mas8705

As for actual hype, I have come to find myself watching Sony's conferences with a grain of salt. Bare in mind the following: Do they have amazing reveals? Of course they do, but I usually try and watch the conferences for two things: What games are exclusive? and What games are coming later this year?

That's the part where I find that weird divide with Sony and Microsoft sometimes. Not to say that is always the case, but it does feel like when Sony showcases games, it is either for games that will be out on multiple systems (but they have an exclusive whatever that I don't really care about), or the exclusive games shown off are games that we aren't going to see on sale anytime soon within the year. The other reason why I approach the Sony conferences carefully is due to those weird situations with Sony about them featuring games that later don't live up to the expectations that were set (as opposed to Microsoft where time is spent on games that later get canned) such as Lair, The Order, and sadly, No Man's Sky.

Am I still going to watch it though? Of course I will. I only judge the conferences a bit different from others in terms of not just the game showcase, but what we will be seeing sooner rather than later since the later will look even better next year when it is shown off again, like God of War. ((Plus I should mention that there have still been plenty of years that I gave the "Best Conference" to Sony for doing the things I look for in a conference. No reason to play favorites since at E3, there is one true winner: The Gamers))

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I honestly think they will open with a trailer for Bloodborne 2. It will end with a March 2018 release date and the place will go wild.

Temascos

Neo Member
I won't be able to watch it live (Prefer not having to deal with streaming issues and stuff) but I am amped as hell to see what Sony do this year! (Still need to get a bloody PS4, but oh boy it will be glorious when I get the new TV and a host of games)

Hopefully they have a good time dedicated to Dreams, that's been off the radar for a while and it deserves attention.

Can Sony have the best E3 three years in a row? I have a feeling Nintendo is gonna have something to say about it, and Scorpio is going to be hard to rival with just games...but if anyone can do it, it's current-gen Sony.

I'll be taking off on Tuesday following this to make sure I can consume any hype properly into the night.

Don't see a mid gen upgrade taking hype away from games .
Which also depends on it's price , what MS need is to bring the games.
PS4 sold 60 million so far and games are what going to make it sell more.

DMONKUMA

Sucker Punch's game? Bloodborne 2?

It's most likely gonna be a game that's been asked for or anticipated for a while since it was like that for the past two years.

2015-Last Guardian
2016-God of War

Also the new IPs are shown after the first reveal of the show. So I'd imagine SP's game will be after the first reveal.

jacobeid

Banned
Please bring back orchestra.

Agreed, last year was great. I'm hoping for some surprises this year from Sony. DMC, as others have mentioned, would be amazing. I'll take DMC5 or DMC2 I don't even care at this point.

We better see what SP is working on! Hopefully some cool out of the blue indies too.

I want Bloodborne 2 so bad but it feels like it was never set up to be a series. Hopefully Sony worked out doing another IP with From.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
They can literally chose from at least 6 different heavy hitters for the opening and every single of them will bring the house down. The software showcase is going to be absolutely disgusting.

As for actual hype, I have come to find myself watching Sony's conferences with a grain of salt. Bare in mind the following: Do they have amazing reveals? Of course they do, but I usually try and watch the conferences for two things: What games are exclusive? and What games are coming later this year?

That's the part where I find that weird divide with Sony and Microsoft sometimes. Not to say that is always the case, but it does feel like when Sony showcases games, it is either for games that will be out on multiple systems (but they have an exclusive whatever that I don't really care about), or the exclusive games shown off are games that we aren't going to see on sale anytime soon within the year. The other reason why I approach the Sony conferences carefully is due to those weird situations with Sony about them featuring games that later don't live up to the expectations that were set (as opposed to Microsoft where time is spent on games that later get canned) such as Lair, The Order, and sadly, No Man's Sky.

Am I still going to watch it though? Of course I will. I only judge the conferences a bit different from others in terms of not just the game showcase, but what we will be seeing sooner rather than later since the later will look even better next year when it is shown off again, like God of War. ((Plus I should mention that there have still been plenty of years that I gave the "Best Conference" to Sony for doing the things I look for in a conference. No reason to play favorites since at E3, there is one true winner: The Gamers))

At some point that was a concern to me but right now games already started being released so it's amazing to have plnety to play and plenty to look up on the horizon. We've got Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 2, Horizon Zero Dawn already out and Uncharted Lost Legacy, Spider-Man, Days Gone, God of War getting closer each day. Dreams, Detroit, and others.

Right now having long time plans is working, it was lame back then but today I know I have my PS4 covered for at least two more years.

Alfredo_V

Neo Member
Mr Shinobi sure knows some things right..? That feel when you want hints of the upcoming goodies but want nothing to be spoiled :) its E3 time

Sesha

I don't want dmc5 wasting a space at Sony's conference especially if it isn't exclusive if it did it'll likely be fake exclusive like also on PC lol
Plus it was never good only dmc3 is decent

RE7 wasn't exclusive, neither is/will Destiny 2 or CoD. What makes DMC so different?

mas8705

At some point that was a concern to me but right now games already started being released so it's amazing to have plnety to play and plenty to look up on the horizon. We've got Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 2, Horizon Zero Dawn already out and Uncharted Lost Legacy, Spider-Man, Days Gone, God of War getting closer each day. Dreams, Detroit, and others.

Right now having long time plans is working, it was lame back then but today I know I have my PS4 covered for at least two more years.

Agreed. The gambles have paid off for the invested time spent on those game for sure. If I had to nitpick (which I did a bit in my other post), it would be that it would be nice to have that balance of both games coming this year and the games coming later down the line. Something to which I don't see Sony do much of at the conferences. Not to say that's bad since as you just stated, it has worked out well for them up to this point.

Still excited to see what Sony has to show off, especially considering that we are overdue for some FF7 and KH3 lovin too.

Boke1879

Mr Shinobi sure knows some things right..? That feel when you want hints of the upcoming goodies but want nothing to be spoiled :) its E3 time

Shinobi knows things. But lets be clear. He's not hinting at a megaton reveal.

Even if we go by what we know will be there. It's still going to be a great show. Showing some great games.

That said. I fully assume he knows of some surprises.

Floody

Was kinda hoping they'd start a bit early now that MS have moved to the day before, but If it has another live orchestra I'll probably try and watch it live, thought it was amazing last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom