• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to the theater for the first time this year (shoutout to RefreshGaf!) so I ain't getting spoiled for Sony's conference! I would prefer not to get spoiled for other conferences but I would be okay if it happens.

Philippo

What do you think they'll open with?
I'd say not GOW since they've already done it last year, so imho it's either going to be Days Gone or SP new game.
Unless they feel confident in opening with a 3rd party exclusive, in which case i'd love for them to open with Spiderman.

THE:MILKMAN

LOL. This article doesn't say that even though I don't think PS5 will be at E3. Saying that I don't rule out Sony raining on Scorpio's parade in some way.

This is all I heard, and this person is deep in the industry and would know a fair amount of what to expect, and while they might not know exactly which GPU will be inside of the PlayStation 5, the sheer possibility that PS5 might feature a proper GPU instead of a watered down and power constrained APU, is exciting.

And the above is pretty laughable to be honest.

Laplasakos

I'd say not GOW since they've already done it last year, so imho it's either going to be Days Gone or SP new game.
Unless they feel confident in opening with a 3rd party exclusive, in which case i'd love for them to open with Spiderman.

I thought SpiderMan was a first party game.

wapplew

Should close with GoW, maybe open with something we don't know, SP new game.

Open with From exclusive and follow with Sucker Punch's new IP.

Tonky

They never start off with a new IP. Horizon and Days Gone were both 2-3 reveals into the conference. So I think it'll be Spider-Man or Bloodborne 2.

Kayant

Giving this "rumour" the benefit of though seems unlikely they would go away from the APU route. I mean the GPUs in the consoles have been already been discrete level compared to what was possible on a standard configure on Jaguar.

Saying that I guess Infinity fabric would make discrete route more viable? but then again if am not wrong in saying APU would still be cheaper, easier to cool among other things.

The God

Fifa 18

Zukkoyaki

Sony the past couple of years as started off with something huge that the crowd can recognize quickly

E3 2015: TLG
E3 2016: GOW
PSX 2016: Uncharted: TLL

Something like a new From Software game would make for a perfect opener.

Then Sony usually does first party games typically with something new in there. So after the opener, expect something like Sucker Punch, Detroit, Days Gone, Spider-Man and Dreams.

As for closers, usually they close E3 with something we already know about and it's always one or two first party games. I would be surprised if God of War doesn't wrap things up.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
http://www.tweaktown.com/news/57845/playstation-5-feature-full-discrete-gpu-apu/index.html

I think we'll see a tease of PS5 at E3 2018 or so, and a release at E3 2019, or even earlier of Project Scorpio begins squeezing Sony in all the wrong ways.

No ps5 at this e3

XU2uw0t.gif

Kingdom Hearts 3.
Story Trailer.
New Utada theme playing over it.
X1 version scrapped, now PS4 exclusive.
Holiday 2018.

Believe.

_Ryo_

We're going to get a From Software Beast Wars game that is Soulsified/Bornifyed. PS4 and PC-Towns Exclusive!

Hey, I can dream.

Spiderman is published by Sony but Insomniac is not a first party developer. This is what we typically refer to as a 2nd party game.
Some here refer to it as 2nd party but Shu said that doesn't exist for them. It is either 1st or 3rd party.

I think Sony will open with Destiny 2. Most of their marketing dollars will go into that this year, I think.
Sony had big third party deals in 2015 but they still opened with exclusives first.

DKHF

Has he been correct about stuff like this before? If not, not worth believing it is true.
I don't think so which is why I said it's worth very little. But he's been posting normally on Gaf for a while so it would be kind of weird for him to suddenly start posting stuff that could very easily be proven wrong.
Exclusive or not the game is gonna sell more on ps anyway.
Yeah expecting the sales split to be 9:1 at least.

Laplasakos

Spiderman is published by Sony but Insomniac is not a first party developer. This is what we typically refer to as a 2nd party game.

Oh, i see.

Psychological Intellect said it is now PS4 exclusive a while back but has no public backing from mods or anything so it's worth very very little. That post isn't a prediction too since he claimed to know other stuff about what of KH3 will be shown at E3.

Highly unlikely. If that was the case, SE would have pulled the plug off with FFXV. Also, didn't Spencer said that he is positive about japanese support after his trip in Japan? Imagine what will happen if KH3 turned out to be a PS4 exclusive now.

Oh, i see.

Highly unlikely. If that was the case, SE would have pulled the plug off with FFXV. Also, didn't Spencer said that he is positive about japanese support after his trip in Japan? Imagine what will happen if KH3 turned out to be a PS4 exclusive now.

FFXV was to test the waters on XB1 userbase I would assume. Anything after that Square would be cautious.

Oh, i see.

Phil says a lot of things. :p

DKHF

Oh, i see.

Again I am very skeptical of his post but to play devil's advocate, to your first point, FFXV makes a lot more sense to keep on Xbox than KH3 considering it's completely standalone/has series history on Xbox and Square has completely ignored Xbox with all KH collections. We are probably looking at less than 10% of KH3's sales on XB1 considering FFXV was certainly >85% PS considering in Xbox's biggest market (the US) IIRC the sales split was still >75% on PS4. Square might see the benefits of being promoted as an exclusive as worth more than that likely small amount of sales. Spencer could have been referring to some smaller sized upcoming Japanese releases that might have skipped Xbox but they were able to keep on Xbox One.

FFXV was to test the waters on XB1 userbase I would assume. Anything after that Square would be cautious.

Yea and FFXV completely bombed on the XB1 right? That's why I made the bold prediction it could be playstation exclusive now. Could they have decided based on how poorly FFXV performed and how it's traditionally just a playstation game that has such a complex story (with a little Nintendo sprinkled on), that maybe it's not worth putting it on XB1. Most likely not, but it would be crazy for sure if that happened.

Edit: did psychological intellect say anything other than it being a PS4 exclusive about e3?

KH3 going exclusive doesn't make a lot of sense.

Surely it would sell enough on Xbox to justify the port. Its unreal 4 so porting wont be hard.

And lets be real. From Sony's POV they know its gonna sell 80% of its copies on PS4 anyway so a moneyhat seems kinda pointless.

If SE was considering pulling the plug on the Xbox version I could see MS stepping in and tossing them a bone to keep it on the platform to save face.

Surely it would sell enough on Xbox to justify the port. Its unreal 4 so porting wont be hard.

And lets be real. From Sony's POV they know its gonna sell 80% of its copies on PS4 anyway so a moneyhat seems kinda pointless.

If SE was considering pulling the plug on the Xbox version I could see MS stepping in and tossing them a bone to keep it on the platform to save face.

I doubt there'd be a moneyhat involved -- it'd just be business on SE's end.

Depending on how far KH3 is in development, it might be better to kill the Xbone one.

I don't think Sony would have anything to do with it. After the explanation for NieR not coming to X1, it seems to be a SE/MS problem.

DKHF

Yea and FFXV completely bombed on the XB1 right? That's why I made the bold prediction it could be playstation exclusive now. Could they have decided based on how poorly FFXV performed and how it's traditionally just a playstation game that has such a complex story (with a little Nintendo sprinkled on), that maybe it's not worth putting it on XB1. Most likely not, but it would be crazy for sure if that happened.

Edit: did psychological intellect say anything other than it being a PS4 exclusive about e3?
He said to expect a meaty trailer with a release date (not sure if he means a specific date or the 2018 release year that many are expecting).

I don't really think Sony would even need to moneyhat it with the prospective sales of KH3 on XB1 after Square has made no effort to set up XB1 players for KH3, Square could have just decided it wasn't worth it to put it on there. Focusing on one platform could also make the development process a bit easier for the Osaka team who are transitioning from 3DS/PSP hardware to current gen with KH3 even if porting from platform to platform is easier with UE4. Again I doubt this but just explaining why it's not impossible in my opinion.
Not true, Phil said lots of interest in Xbox and Scorpio after his japan trip. Cancelled on PS4 more like
All your posts are sarcastic now, so many Switch posts people fell for.

He said to expect a meaty trailer with a release date (not sure if he means a specific date or the 2018 release year that many are expecting).

I don't really think Sony would even need to moneyhat it with the prospective sales of KH3 on XB1 after Square has made no effort to set up XB1 players for KH3, Square could have just decided it wasn't worth it to put it on there. Focusing on one platform could also make the development process a bit easier for the Osaka team who are transitioning from 3DS/PSP hardware to current gen with KH3 even if porting from platform to platform is easier with UE4. Again I doubt this but just explaining why it's not impossible in my opinion.

All your posts are sarcastic now, so many Switch posts people fell for.
I don't believe him
The trailer part that is no way there's a date

I don't think KH3 will skip X1 but I definitely wouldn't be surprised at all if it did. The recent KH releases this year skipped X1 and Square isn't putting NieR on the platform either. DQ11, another big Japanese game, isn't coming to X1 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom