• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if Sucker Punch is going to be at E3 (I hope they will show something), but there is an ad on their site for a level designer with
experience building large open worlds with a focus on 3rd person action encounters a plus.
and an open world content designer who can
design and implement large amounts of game content: balance and tune secondary quests, develop challenges, and manage open world encounters

So, I think it's safe to assume that their next game is going to be an open world 3rd person action game. Also, I checked their careers section before PSX (or before E3 2016) and they were asking for a designer or something about biomechanics or something like that. Maybe there will be robots or cyborgs in their new game.

Zukkoyaki

Do we think Pixelopus will show anything? If they do, I'd expect it to be shown next week sometime rather than during the conference.

Do we think Pixelopus will show anything? If they do, I'd expect it to be shown next week sometime rather than during the conference.
Aren't they doing vr? Or did I pull that from thin air. If they're doing vr I expect it during the conference
Speaking off, which games do you guys think won't make the cut and will get a trailer next week?

Hmm hard to tell Na doesn't care about Gt as much and a good portion of Europe not staying up for this lol I'd say Gt for sure ,ni no kuni 2,hot shots golf,knack 2(I'm less sure about this one attract the kids and families ala Lego trailer)

I don't know if Sucker Punch is going to be at E3 (I hope they will show something), but there is an ad on their site for a level designer with

So, I think it's safe to assume that their next game is going to be an open world 3rd person action game. Also, I checked their careers section before PSX (or before E3 2016) and they were asking for a designer or something about biomechanics or something like that. Maybe there will be robots or cyborgs in their new game.

Secondary quests, that sounds interesting. Still sounds primarily like an action game first, which is great.

jayu26

Hmm hard to tell Na doesn't care about Gt as much and a good portion of Europe not staying up for this lol I'd say Gt for sure ,ni no kuni 2,hot shots golf,knack 2(I'm less sure about this one attract the kids and families ala Lego trailer)

Gt Sport, Knack 2, Crash Trilogy.

Pixel Opus, GT Sport, Uncharted and Knack 2.
Knack it is.
Anything from Japan studio...

So Knack.

jayu26

Wait, some of are expecting Uncharted to be not in the key note? It will get trailer (final?) next week for sure, but it has to be in the show as well.
Sony Japan also has another project.
Isn't that game rumored to be big? It would be weird for it did not get a proper on stage reveal.

kevin1025

Banned
I think Uncharted will be on stage. Have we seen anything beyond the PSX trailer and the August 22 announcement?

Edit: Oh, there's apparently a riverboat scene I never saw before from a month back!

Zukkoyaki

Aren't they doing vr? Or did I pull that from thin air. If they're doing vr I expect it during the conference

As Sanji said, if it is VR, it will be during the show. If not, next week.

Good call. I didn't enjoy Entwined but I'm still interested in what they have cooking. They seem to have more or less completely free reign in what they make given their size.

GermanZepp

I hope it looks very diferent from the previous games, like a fantasy/ciberpunk open world. The far from infamous saga the better IMO.

Lemondish

A Sony first party cyberpunk game? Very, very loose connection. But man...

Now I can't imagine my hype will ever die.

GermanZepp

I really really want to see Dreams, and how the crafting, sculpting works in VR (if that still a thing).

It's gonna be a pretty cool tool if we can 3D print the models.

Oh yeah and i really hope we get a first person mode and photo mode for the game. People making awesome pics like they did with Horizon and TLoU: Remastered just in the Spidey universe.

But man just imagine a first person mode

giphy.gif

UXc7X.gif

hhnnnggg
I can imagine myself feeling motion sicked by a FP mode. Would be cool if they had it in as an optional thing for players who can handle it tho.

THE:MILKMAN

I wonder what the chances of a surprise third ND team game announcement. Possibly a game directed by Bruce Straley?

ND have form for having a secret new team nobody knows about.....

I wonder what the chances of a surprise third ND team game announcement. Possibly a game directed by Bruce Straley?

ND have form for having a secret new team nobody knows about.....

Little to none. His sabbatical ended far too recently for any project, if it exists, to be anywhere close to being E3 ready.

THE:MILKMAN

Little to none. His sabbatical ended far too recently for any project, if it exists, to be anywhere close to being E3 ready.

Well there is this from Kotaku......http://kotaku.com/sources-bruce-straley-not-directing-the-last-of-us-2-1789650767

On Sunday morning, Sony sent over a statement: “Bruce recently decided to take some much deserved time off after shipping two critically acclaimed games in the last few years. He’s looking forward to returning to the studio soon and jumping back in on his next project

The bold could be read as he is working on another game that has already started development!

I accept that the VGA's or PSX is more likely but let me dream!

Philippo

Well there is this from Kotaku......http://kotaku.com/sources-bruce-straley-not-directing-the-last-of-us-2-1789650767

The bold could be read as he is working on another game that has already started development!

No please, i can live without new ND announcements at least until TLOU2 is released or close to release.

Reveals of their games are always mindblowing, having a 3rd one in less than a year would kill all of my hype.

Don't do this to yourself. The game is likely in pre-production and Naughty Dog isn't going to have three unreleased games publicly known about at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom