• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
What game do you guys want them to start the conference with?

Not a trailer, but the first actual game demonstration with gameplay.

after the game montage im expecting the first game they will show will end up being the ones that has a lot of the social feature. which probably will be drive club.

After what transpired with FFXIII (E3 concept vs final footage) I'll trust absolute irrefutable evidence if and when it's presented to multiple outlets.

Lest we forget:

What we thought we'd get:

What we got:

Then again, iirc, Sony may have been also to blame because of over promising.

yea thats what happens when you go from powerful sli gpus to the rsx....a lot of japanese games got downgraded. mgs4 was a big one

SSReborn

Infamous Second Son really want to see how the new character, powers, traversal, all differ from the first 2 games. That and seeing how great it will look.

AznSniper

Yoshida said that pretty much all of their studios were working on PS4 games. What would Sony Bend be working on? Uncharted 4 while Naughty Dog (Uncharted 3 team) is working on a new IP?

Get ready for some E3 exclusive inside info guys. Just tweeted Yoshida, should be hearing from him soon.

CM8sMQT.jpg

LOL!

Thats a tough one. Since Deep Down was considered pre-rendered and not indicative of actual gameplay, even though I believe its running real time on PS4, I'd like for them to open with that.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Lightning is probably the least good looking FFXIII model whereas Hope is probably the best looking one (in terms of 3D model quality).

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Yoshida said that pretty much all of their studios were working on PS4 games. What would Sony Bend be working on? Uncharted 4 while Naughty Dog (Uncharted 3 team) is working on a new IP?

SCE San Diego Studio
SCE London Studio
SCE Bend Studio
SCE Santa Monica Studio
Ready at Dawn
Naughty Dog

All mysteries! I wonder if their contract teams like Sanzaru, nStigate, Idol Minds, Mass Media, and others are doing any Vita / PS4 stuff as well.

rdrr gnr

Is there a source for the demo running on PS4 approx hardware? Because we saw what happened when UE4 went from a 680 --> PS4. It looked, well, unrecognizable. I can't help but think the same applies for all the other demonstrations using a 680. I'm not sure why so many companies went that route as there was absolutely no chance of next-gen consoles pushing that many flops. I would prepare for disappointment.
Yeah. An uncut, unedited gameplay demonstration of a raid or whatever.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

FFXV and Kagari comes in too late and misses it.

zeopower6

Will the price and release date be announced at the conference? :x If so, I wonder if they'll announce them closer to the tail end of the conference or as soon as the box is revealed...

i wonder if Microsoft will even talk about Destiny at their event. Seeing as Bungie will show gameplay at Sony's event.

i could see microsoft showing the old trailer there.

Anyone think Sony has a launch window planned and will announce their final release date in response to MS if they announce their date? MSs conference is first. I predict MS wont announce an exact day for release...That way Sony cannot announce a date like 2 weeks before MS at their show...These companies are playing mind games right now, making Executive Decisions like Kurt Russel and Steven Segal. I know, that was awful, lol.

ULTROS!

Will the price and release date be announced at the conference? :x If so, I wonder if they'll announce them closer to the tail end of the conference or as soon as the box is revealed...

They better announce the price, so I can pre-order it on Amazon in that very moment. Release date would be super nice too. The Vita price was announced well in advance, so I bet we'll get it here, especially if it's a three hundred and ninety nine troops bomb.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Anyone think Sony has a launch window planned and will announce their final release date in response to MS if they announce their date? MSs conference is first. I predict MS wont announce an exact day for release...That way Sony cannot announce a date like 2 weeks before MS at their show...These companies are playing mind games right now, making Executive Decisions like Kurt Russel and Steven Segal. I know, that was awful, lol.
The dates are probably already decided though. It doesn't really matter if both consoles come out this year.

i-Lo

They better announce the price, so I can pre-order it on Amazon in that very moment. Release date would be super nice too. The Vita price was announced well in advance, so I bet we'll get it here, especially if it's a three hundred and ninety nine troops bomb.

Given MS will be going before Sony, I have a feeling that if Xbone's price is announced then so will PS4's.

Wynnebeck

Banned
So what's the general consensus on the price? I'm think two SKUs:

Basic Pack

- $399
- 500GB
- Controller and PS4

Premium Pack

- $499
- 750GB
- Controller and PS4
- PS Eye
- 1 Year sub to PS+

Zoator

Given MS will be going before Sony, I have a feeling that if Xbone's price is announced then so will PS4's.

Yea, I have a feeling MS and Sony are going to be playing a game of chicken with the price announcements. After the Xbone announcement, Major Nelson said that pricing information would be made available "later this year," which kind of sounds like after E3. I'm not really expecting a price announcement from either at E3.

Drago

Basic Pack

- $399
- 500GB
- Controller and PS4

Premium Pack

- $499
- 750GB
- Controller and PS4
- PS Eye
- 1 Year sub to PS+

This sounds reasonable.

As an aside, I'd love it if Sony had White PS4s available at launch. It will never happen though. :(

Elios83

Basic Pack

- $399
- 500GB
- Controller and PS4

Premium Pack

- $499
- 750GB
- Controller and PS4
- PS Eye
- 1 Year sub to PS+

I expect something like this as well :p
We'll see though.

This sounds reasonable.

As an aside, I'd love it if Sony had White PS4s available at launch. It will never happen though. :(

I'd like a hybrid glossy/matte white design as the default model as well but if the teaser trailer is anything to go by...black will be the main color with somekind of square form factor.

Is there a source for the demo running on PS4 approx hardware? Because we saw what happened when UE4 went from a 680 --> PS4. It looked, well, unrecognizable. I can't help but think the same applies for all the other demonstrations using a 680. I'm not sure why so many companies went that route as there was absolutely no chance of next-gen consoles pushing that many flops. I would prepare for disappointment.

Yeah. An uncut, unedited gameplay demonstration of a raid or whatever.

i wouldnt worry too much. that ue4 demo was running on prototype hardware..and they reworked the lighting. wait for the actual games showing at e3. just look how good gears judgement looks on 360

grumble

Basic Pack

- $399
- 500GB
- Controller and PS4

Premium Pack

- $499
- 750GB
- Controller and PS4
- PS Eye
- 1 Year sub to PS+

Agreed, but wouldn't be suprised if there was a 1 month sub to PS+ in the basic pack. Maybe a 320GB in the basic pack and 500 in the premium to save money.

Cidd

Basic Pack

- $399
- 500GB
- Controller and PS4

Premium Pack

- $499
- 750GB
- Controller and PS4
- PS Eye
- 1 Year sub to PS+

I'm expecting only one SKU

- $450
- 500GB
- Controller and PS4
- PS Eye

Believe!

Why not just Sony E3 2013 Conference |OT|? :p
That's the only thing that will be acceptable by mods. Not even OT but discussion thread. Last year the guy making Nintendo E3 thread made OT about Nintendo winning E3 but the mods immediately changed it into Nintendo E3 discussion thread or something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom