• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

netBuff

I'm sure Sony will bring big games, but the last few days of rumor and speculation have convince me it's not going to be anything I've been looking forward to.

This is when we find out who really has balls. I think MS is going to show way more stuff that excites US audiences (go figure). You are going to see lots of people who have been bitching a blue streak start wavering and talking about them 'might' get an XBone or that 'it's not that bad'

I find that hard to believe: What we've heard about potential Microsoft games so far doesn't sound all that interesting.

Why do we even believe Gopher by the way?
Only since the end of last year has Gopher been teasing quite general stuff.

I dunno, maybe the mods know more. I just don't like taking someone's word for something.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
They couldn't show it even if they wanted to. MS has exclusive marketing over that series.

Well thank christ.

Can't believe I just watched a scuba section in a videogame that made me yawn... that should be impossible, and yet it happened.

AznSniper

Here's some more hype quotes from GopherD and from m0dus who also works for Sony.

I've been talking to devs and internal Sony teams for years and I have never seen them this single minded, focused and energetic ever. Every aspect of SCE is simply ready for war.

They spent way too long on the non gaming features. But, to their credit, they stated outright that they were saving the big reveals and such for E3 (and they damn well need to be, because i promise you Sony has an avalanche planned).

Now I quite literally work for Sony (no, seriously. I'm a fully contracted developer, though we are mostly themes and marketing).

Sorc3r3r

So what genre Sony lack in their 1st party portfolio?
The main ones are all covered from FPS to racing, sandbox and platformers.

I think they have to try to build a western rpg new IP.
Something on the line of Skyrim o Fallout...
What you say?

Gorillaz

volA2U4.gif

Imagine ending the conference with that

RiverBed

Banned
i9ogHZ3w4G9s3.gif

I want this to be real. GG make that Ghost in the Shell RPG.

I would kill for a Matrix/Spidermam/Mirror Edge game in that setting!

Who am I kidding, I'd kill for ANY type of game in that setting (from racing to Air Combat)!

LBP, please make a an akin matrix/tron like extension to your world.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I wonder if Sony is hiding a trailer for a Ridge Racer game on PS4. What's a Sony console launch window without Ridge Racer?

M.D

I dunno, maybe the mods know more. I just don't like taking someone's word for something.

Kagari says he's real

Also, I think he called out 8GB before the PS Meeting?

Empty

They couldn't show it even if they wanted to. MS has exclusive marketing over that series.

yeah. they've already run cod: ghosts ads with xbone at the end here in the uk

hopefully destiny is the only third party shooter they show (i'm cool with this as it's the most interesting one to me).

Kev was skeptical of what Gopher was saying for a while, then quickly changed his tune in the middle of this thread. He's never said why he changed his mind, but Kev clearly has faith in what Gopher's been saying or he would've shut him down by now.

The mods definitely know more than we do at this point, that's undeniable.

I'm not hyped at all for some reason, keeping my expectations in check, looking at past E3s none of the reveal trailers looked like the final product. being disappointed too many times will do that to you I guess lol

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Be honest you guys... halfway through development of the matrix-colored game you'd all be complaining about how green is the new brown.

Yawnier

Banned
I think so too; they always do it. Hoping for a single nicely priced SKU.

Exactly, we also got the price and release date of the Vita at E3 2011 as well IIRC.

Would be great if we got both.

Agreed.

What I got from some people on here yesterday is that he is apparently very reliable and that we shouldn't have to question him, I don't know what to make of that myself.

Mifune

Mehmber
They should open with a reveal trailer of the physical PS4 mixed with game footage. The trailer should end with a release date and price. Then the lights come up to reveal the console onstage. Tretton gets up there and allays fears about DRM. Then the gameplay avalanche begins.

No fucking around.

Be honest you guys... halfway through development of the matrix-colored game you'd all be complaining about how green is the new brown.

But what if everything was different colors, like the world in TRON? Then that complaint would be irrelevant. And as long as it's an option, I don't see anything wrong with it.

zeopower6

He's verified by the moderators here, I think. Do you really need more proof than that? :/

My hope for this thread is that the insiders jump in at the last posts before 20k and drop a few bombs. Pretty much the equivalent of dropping the mic and leaving the stage, on GAF.

I would kill for a Matrix/Spidermam/Mirror Edge game in that setting!

Who am I kidding, I'd kill for ANY type of game in that setting (from racing to Air Combat)!

LBP, please make a an akin matrix/tron like extension to your world.

That reminds me, there was a training mode or something like that in Spiderman 1 for PS1, where the graphics were kinda like this. Played that for hours upon hours back in the day.

Dammit sony!, why can't you move the time of your press conference so that i can watch it live?

Slightly off-topic but... i find it kind of funny how the thread for sony's e3 conference totally dwarfs microsoft's one in views/posts.

They should open with a reveal trailer of the physical PS4 mixed with game footage. The trailer should end with a release date and price. Then the lights come up to reveal the console onstage. Tretton gets up there and allays fears about DRM. Then the gameplay avalanche begins.

No fucking around.

If Sony is really ready for war, they should do a repeat of their infamous $299 conference. Just have Tretton walk out on stage, say "No DRM" and walk off without another word.

Then a minute later while everyone's freaking out, Yoshida walks out and goes "Just kidding" and starts the gameplay blitzkrieg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom