• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

libregkd

BF needs no confirmation (though it's not officially been confirmed). CoD I think they did say that it will be in MS conference.
Wasn't BF4 already shown running on the PS4 (Or did they say that it runs great on the PS4? I forget which). I think CoD was confirmed for both the PS4/NextBox as well.

Dinjooh

I think that will be the case but would MUCH prefer the while background instead of the blue, looks better.

I very much agree; but I can't see them stray away from the Black/Blue thing they've got going.

Tried to do a Knack cover aswell.

ps4knackw6u3g.png

Sony can't really afford to have games like CoD, Battlefield and Bethesda's RPG's go exclusive to the next Xbox. They don't want to have the PS4 in a similar position that we're seeing the Vita in in terms of the major third party titles it's missing compared to the 3DS. They need to try to limit any MS exclusives to newer IP's like we saw this gen with Gears and Bioshock.

Into

I am still intrigued that both Klepek and Gerstmann from GB commented on that "more third parties will have to pick a side" on who to support this upcoming gen, they said this on several podcasts and seem to know something.

Jeff was the one who said that Fallout 4 could be a (timed) exclusive on the 720/PC.

Some part of me wants it to happen, even tough it would risk hundreds of jobs if these major publishers picked a side and stuck with it, because nothing is assured in this industry. It would be interesting to see who would go where and more importantly: how consumer would react in the 3 major markets.

Another part of me does not want it to happen, because it is such a huge risk to bet on 1 horse. Regardless will be interesting to see how MS will position themselves in 3 days, as that will give a good picture of how Sony may do their E3.

Sony can't really afford to have games like CoD, Battlefield and Bethesda's RPG's go exclusive to the next Xbox. They don't want to have the PS4 in a similar position that we're seeing the Vita in in terms of the major third party titles it's missing compared to the 3DS. They need to try to limit any MS exclusives to newer IP's like we saw this gen with Gears and Bioshock.

indeed. "Crazy buttocks on a train" said EA was only giving Titan to Microsoft and Activision wasn't giving them anything.

Acti = no
EA = Yesss, with a big one........

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Maybe MS realizes there are non-FPS gamers out there? Jeez. Not sure why all the exclusivity talk centers on Battlefield and Call of Duty which, again, are not going to happen.

i-Lo

I hope members here are also moving to join the NeoGAF group on FB because I have little doubt that the servers will crash and remain in a state of limbo for a while during E3.

As for the topic, it may hurt PS4 if they lose major third party exclusives beyond 6 months to Xb3, especially, ones that are very relevant in the western market.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

The most you'll see for CoD is timed exclusive DLC. As for Battlefield... wouldn't be shocked to see it at Sony's conference actually.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
indeed. "Crazy buttocks on a train" said EA was only giving Titan to Microsoft and Activision wasn't giving them anything.

Titan, especially if it's online only (as rumored), will not be a big deal IMO. At best it will be as big a deal as Bioshock was this gen. Not many people know or care that the game is being made by ex-infinity ward. But if its amazing singleplayer, then things might be different I guess. But thats just my opinion.

The most you'll see for CoD is timed exclusive DLC. As for Battlefield... wouldn't be shocked to see it at Sony's conference actually.

That'd be fine. There are just certain games that Sony should know that they can't allow to go exclusive. Those are two of them. Bethesda's RPG's are another. Although I think Fallout will be much less of a big deal than an Elder Scrolls being exclusive. They definitely can't let ES go exclusive.

Loudninja

Yep
Call of Duty: Ghosts will release on Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC on November 5. Call of Duty: Ghosts will also be available for next generation platforms.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=551980

Again I am not sure why we are even discussing this.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I hope members here are also moving to join the NeoGAF group on FB because I have little doubt that the servers will crash and remain in a state of limbo for a while during E3.

As for the topic, it may hurt PS4 if they lose major third party exclusives beyond 6 months to Xb3, especially, ones that are very relevant in the western market.

After the Bioshock Infinite spoiler bombing that happened with that group I'm staying the hell away from it.

Yep

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=551980

Again I am not sure why we are even discussing this.
A lot of the "Only On Xbox" crew seems to think that all of Microsoft's money goes to the Xbox division and that they'll just spend their way to industry domination by getting all of the major annual franchises exclusive to Durango. It's completely asinine but they seem to think that's an awesome situation, even though it would destroy the industry.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
That'd be fine. There are just certain games that Sony should know that they can't allow to go exclusive. Those are two of them. Bethesda's RPG's are another. Although I think Fallout will be much less of a big deal than an Elder Scrolls being exclusive. They definitely can't let ES go exclusive.

I think the next ES would be out late enough in the generation to where it wouldn't anyway because of install base.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Titan, especially if it's online only (as rumored), will not be a big deal IMO. At best it will be as big a deal as Bioshock was this gen. Not many people know or care that the game is being made by ex-infinity ward. But if its amazing singleplayer, then things might be different I guess. But thats just my opinion.

I think Titan has more potential to move systems than COD and Battlefield as odd as it may sound. It's completely Durango exclusive from what I understand and will probably have a good amount of MS's marketing muscle behind it.

I think the idea that people are going to drop $400+ to play prettier versions of COD and the like are going to prove false.

I don't like CoD... but if Microsoft were to make it an Xbox exclusive... it would be a k.o like blow.

Sony, don't let that happen.

i-Lo

After the Bioshock Infinite spoiler bombing that happened with that group I'm staying the hell away from it.

I wasn't cognizant of this probability. Given the usage of (generally) real identities, I thought that people may act with little more restraint.

I think as long as it's on the PS3, the third parties would be willing to go exclusive Durango for a little money on the side.

No way Sony would allow that , if it not on PS4 Sony should not allow it on PS3 .
I am talking about COD and BF4 the most you would see is some time exclusive DLC.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I don't like CoD... but if Microsoft were to make it an Xbox exclusive... it would be a k.o like blow.

Sony, don't let that happen.

It won't. It'll likely have timed exclusive DLC on MS platforms and the Xbox logo will be all over the marketing like the previous games but it will be on PS4. Hell, if the rumored specs are true it'll probably even look/perform better on PS4. If Activision actually gave Sony some exclusive DLC for Destiny, their next major FPS, they aren't going to abandon them with their current major FPS.

Respawn

Banned

True true but maybe they wont have a choice in the ElderScrolls decision if that was to happen. Who knows how big a check like that would be. These days getting a lump some of money so quick and easy is not easily rejected.

I can't even imagine how much money MS would need to secure CoD as an exclusive. The point is CoD is the biggest cashcow in the industry right now and Acti would never take such a risk as not having the game on a big new platform because that would leave a big opening for the competitors (namely BF4) for the Playstation core who are not big enough on CoD to follow it to Xbox.

even the DLC deals have been quite short. Most likely because even that costs lots of money. CoD is way above anything else out there right now.

Stuff like FF/Fallout/whatever are totally different.

I am still intrigued that both Klepek and Gerstmann from GB commented on that "more third parties will have to pick a side" on who to support this upcoming gen, they said this on several podcasts and seem to know something.

Jeff was the one who said that Fallout 4 could be a (timed) exclusive on the 720/PC.

Some part of me wants it to happen, even tough it would risk hundreds of jobs if these major publishers picked a side and stuck with it, because nothing is assured in this industry. It would be interesting to see who would go where and more importantly: how consumer would react in the 3 major markets.

Another part of me does not want it to happen, because it is such a huge risk to bet on 1 horse. Regardless will be interesting to see how MS will position themselves in 3 days, as that will give a good picture of how Sony may do their E3.

If it's a timed exclusive, who really cares? Sony's first party output is good enough for them hold gamers over until a rumored Fallout 4 timed exclusive would eventually come to the system. I'll gladly wait. By the way, I fully expect a Fallout 4 timed exclusive to happen. Bethesda practically ball washed Microsoft last generation.

Knoxcore

CoD and BF4 will not be exclusive to an console people. Period! Having said that, I have no doubt MS is going to show off both first and third party exclusives and essentially attempt to push the PS4 out of the comoetition . They have the money to do it and Sony doesnt.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Who is he? Why do you believe him? Is he verified by mods/admins?

I wanna know this too. He has made quite a few statements in which I have questioned the same thing.

Don't know the guy, that's why I'm posting here so I'd see if people know him to be reliable or not.

I believe he has some friends who work for Sony who have dropped hints of info in the past especially around when everyone was freaking out about the PS4's specs. I believe what he says to a degree.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
CoD and BF4 will not be exclusive to an console people. Period! Having said that, I have no doubt MS is going to show off both first and third party exclusives and essentially attempt to push the PS4 out of the comoetition . They have the money to do it and Sony doesnt.

People say this but it's simply not true.

I believe he has some friends who work for Sony who have dropped hints of info in the past especially around when everyone was freaking out about the PS4's specs. I believe what he says to a degree.

FamousMortimer? He seems to be legit. He's very cagey, but understandably so.

Nobody is pushing anyone out of the competition at this point. Games for PS4 we know are already on the level that it cannot be killed off right away. It has FIFA, BF4, COD, AC4, Watchdogs, Destiny and the first party stuff.

Same goes for Sony. There is no 3rd party stuff that moneyhatting would force the competitor out.

If MS wanted to ''push PS4 out'' it needed to moneyhat COD+FIFA for example and that is pretty much impossible.

People say this but it's simply not true.

I believe the gaming division was one of the few bright areas for Sony and they've commented that they're in the gaming industry for the long haul. So yes, Sony will pour money into the division that they have the most faith in. Microsoft will try to buy exclusives, but Sony can combat a lot of that with their first party line up and their ties to Japanese developers. People that think that Sony will sit back and watch Microsoft scoop up game after game are wrong.

iceatcs

I believe the gaming division was one of the few bright areas for Sony and they've commented that they're in the gaming industry for the long haul. So yes, Sony will pour money into the division that they have the most faith in. Microsoft will try to buy exclusives, but Sony can combat a lot of that with their first party line up and their ties to Japanese developers. People that think that Sony will sit back and watch Microsoft scoop up game after game are wrong.

I think it is because MS have money and Sony don't have money that cause them blind believe that only MS can afford.

It is bit weird because it seem lot of people already forgot Sony does "moneyhat" atm. See at Assassin's Creed DLC or Destiny DLC exclusive.

Loudninja

Look BF4 is alreaydy confirmed for the PS4, and COD is confirmed for next gen consoles.

Nothing more to discuss here.Those giant games will be mutliplatform as always and new ip or lesser games maybe time exclusive.

MasLegio

Banned

also PS4 will be the lead platform for SEN content, they need that platform to be large to give SEN a big mindshare for deployment on other platforms as well as drive sales of SEN-enabled TVs, tablets and mobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom