• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference (PART 2); June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zok310

Banned
The problem is that we've heard from Cboat that there's "another Capcom game" getting exclusive DLC on the Xbone, in addition to DR3 being exclusive to that system.

Deep Down is the only other Capcom game we know of in production for next-gen systems. If it's getting exclusive Xbone DLC, they're not going to bother to show it at Sony's presser, and I really doubt Capcom has a THIRD next-gen game they've been hiding under their cloak the entire time. It would definitely be nice if Capcom throws Sony a bone though.

Also this. Capcom loves to betrayalton Sony for some reason. Monster Hunter, DMC, exclusive 360 launch games, etc. I just can't see them siding with Sony when their entire MO so far has been to work against them.

I personally gave up on Capcom after the cancelled ps3 monhun

Also this. Capcom loves to betrayalton Sony for some reason. Monster Hunter, DMC, exclusive 360 launch games, etc. I just can't see them siding with Sony when their entire MO so far has been to work against them.

Yeah its been happening foever I dont know why Sony hasn't got the message yet.

Ever since the PS1 era Capcom has taken a every "sony last" approach when it came to console transitions. They put there best ideas on the other platforms first (RE:V on the dreamcast, RE4 on GC, DR, LP on 360) and work there way back around the PlayStation when they have to.

I think someone at Sony ran over a Capcom board members cat in 1998 and they still hold a grudge or something.

Thankfully I get to watch this streaming live as I leave work around 6:15 EST, which gives me enough time to get home and eat dinner beforehand.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
936384_10151476075367293_1295112509_n.jpg

I'm going on record: Naughty Dog is not doing Uncharted 4.

Another new IP.

New console, new IP. This has served them incredibly well in the past. They were kind of forced to walk away from Crash, but it worked. Then they chose to walk away from Jak. And again it worked. They considered going back to Jak, but scrapped it for TLoU, and it worked.

Uncharted is (this is my one next gen guess) on the shelf for the time being.

New IP.

And (this I'm less confident about) we won't see it at E3. It'll be the VGA's.
I am leaning towards this as well but I would love to see a proper return to Jak and Daxter on next gen hardware.

jbug617

Banned
Is this from Sony's rehearsal? Those triangles mean one of two things - either AC4 or Watch_Dogs.

I'm guessing Watch_Dogs, but I'm fully confident one of those two games will be at Sony's presser. Ubisoft always shows something...

I think both will be there. Both are big games for the fall and Sony has done it in the past to allow Ubi to show 2 games.

I think both will be there. Both are big games for the fall and Sony has done it in the past to allow Ubi to show 2 games.

I would be extremely disappointed if BOTH Watch_Dogs and AC4 are at Sony's conference. Ubisoft has their own presser for that stuff. Let some other publishers show their games.

It's from rehearsals for UBI's conference.

Oh, okay. Good, good. I was getting worried for a second. Hype restored. I still think one of the two will be at Sony's, but as long as it isn't both we should be golden.

It's good to be unbanned, (Hint: Don't mention you've read the books in the wrong Game of Thrones thread) can't wait for the conference. If Versus is truly shown I might shed a few internal tears.

Hope Microsoft shows some cool stuff in the morning as well, hopefully I wake up to new Perfect Dark, Conker, and Banjo games as well as Phantom Dust 2
Lol

Maxxan

I'm sure it's been asked before, but is any of the streams generally considered to be the best for press conferences? I usually see them Gametrailers, but there's a lot of low-res sections and refreshing, etc. Maybe something like twitch? They have lots of big e-sport live streams I guess.

Also: HYPE :D

Radec

Im more hyped on how the console looks and release date than most games that we know will be released on the PS4 too.

Alright, gang. I've gotta get some sleep too. Got a long day of work ahead of me, which means I'm going to miss all of the pressers during the day. I'll be back in time for Sony's though, so hopefully nothing too crazy happens while I'm gone!

Less than 24 hours until Versus! :)

I don't think this is the case. In fact, I think it makes far more sense for Sony to disproportionately allocate the 4GB of RAM that they added to the OS. Think about it from their point of view and what they know about their competition. The extra 4GB was obviously a direct response to competition from Microsoft, who had 8GB. The most logical allocation of RAM for Sony would be to match Microsoft's allocation ratio. They already knew that they would have graphical superiority with their faster GPU and higher memory bandwidth, so from a competitive standpoint it makes sense to equip the PS4 to compete with Microsoft on other levels that they are aiming to have an advantage on. Sure, they could have thrown it all to games, and you would see diminishing returns between 5GB and 7GB. There is more value in putting it towards the OS, because it allows them to compete in a whole other sector.

Absolute horseshit. If there is more than 2GB dedicated to the OS someone done Microsoft level fucked up their OS.

Haven't been this hyped for a long time, but even the hype can't keep me awake. Will be back in time for the festivities. Maybe I'll dream up some impossible megaton announcements that would only be possible in Dream E3 Land.

zeopower6

I think this is my first E3 that I'm actually really excited for, agh... I was around for the others but I never really paid attention to the conferences and etc till now. :x

Have there been any recent leaks about Versus? I just want it to actually happen so badly, or are we still going on the Sony rumor and Nomura's mention of a set date months ago?

i-Lo

I must say that I'm looking forward to seeing games that use skin shader and lighting like this. As such a new QD game excites me:

iznnj5OfNhvGa.gif

So as not chucg the browser here are the links for the other two:

No E3 for Old Man 1

No E3 for Old Man 2

Time for the man to deliver on Sony's stage or else I foresee (not that it's hard to lol) that gif being posted a lot in the opposite context even more than it already was.

I'm trying to believe!

Yea, let's see about that. I have faith in Kagari's conviction.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
I fear the hype is so high, you ya'll are going to be disappointed. If not, then Sony objectively turned it around.

Note: I'm hyped the fuck up but I'm trying to convince myself it's all insanity. So I'm going in with low expectations.

AznSniper

I fear the hype is so high, you ya'll are going to be disappointed. If not, then Sony objectively turned it around.

Note: I'm hyped the fuck up but I'm trying to convince myself it's all insanity. So I'm going in with low expectations.

I think safe expectations are Final Fantasy XVersus and The Last Guardian for PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom