• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony files trademark for "Resistance" in Europe

If Resistance is rebooted as more of a horror FPS sort of thing, I'll be all over it. RFOM often had a creepy vibe that I really loved, and R3 got some of that right after the blackhole that is Resistance 2.

Bold One

Resistance always had bigger potential than KZ for me.

xeKqkP8.gif

Mikey Jr.

I'm ok with Resistance, but in my opinion, they should scrap everything and start completely fresh.

That series has way too much baggage.

Also, I honestly think 60player MP could work.

Also, bring back the 8 man coop from Resistance 2. The fuck was insomniac thinking scrapping that for Res 3? It was the only redeeming factor in part 2.

Trevelyan

Banned
Man Resistance 3 is one of the best shooters ever made, I would love another Resistance.

I would agree with this. The campaign is beautifully paced, the locations are varied and memorable, and the guns were satisfying to shoot.

God, I might just go and replay the game tonight, hah.

abadguy

Banned
you could say that about most games, but conceptually, Resistance has alternate history, and crazy weaponry

Exactly. Where as KZ's claim to fame was looking pretty and having enemies that were basically blatant rip offs of the Kerberos Panzer Cops. ( they did change the designs up in the third game though at least) That's about it.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I would actually love a port of Resistance 3 at 1080p and 60fps to have in my collection, love that game. Don't give a fuck about multiplayer or Resistance 1 and 2 though, just the campaign of 3.

For some reason, I'm thinking its a collection/remaster.

I'd buy the tits off this. I'm not overly familiar with Resistance: Fall of Ham (played it about seven years ago and remember very little of it), but I liked both sequels and it's a shame Insomniac left just when they really hit their groove with R3. If they got a decent up-port and I could play them with the DualShock 4...

/Homerdrooling.jpg

DevilFox

How about a new IP or a successful one to boot? Why the hell is Sony going back to Resistance ffs?

You spoke for me too.
In all honesty, if Resistance and Ratchet are the only games we're going to get on PS4, like there aren't enough of them already, I'd prefer to have nothing from Insomniac. Sony will not allow them to keep the right over a new IP, which is the main problem I think, but another Resistance isn't the solution I hoped for. Since early 2000 they released 3 Resistance and something like.. 7+ (?) Ratchet and Clank, please stop!

thelastword

Banned
Let Hexadrive do a Resistance HD Collection for crying out loud. 2k downsampled to 1080p, 60fps, 4xaa, better effects, (still the best glass in the business), improved textures, improved snow, keep the 7.1 lossless audio, let's go.

You spoke for me too.
In all honesty, if Resistance and Ratchet are the only games we're going to get on PS4, like there aren't enough of them already, I'd prefer to have nothing from Insomniac. Sony will not allow them to keep the right over a new IP, which is the main problem I think, but another Resistance isn't the solution I hoped for. Since early 2000 they released 3 Resistance and something like.. 7+ (?) Ratchet and Clank, please stop!
I haven't bought R&C in a while, so I will be getting the next installment.

inSomniac don't really have that much of a choice in regards to how they handle their IPs. SO didn't sell too well, and the only reason MS even accepted those terms was to give a massive middle finger to Sony, getting one of their own to make an exclusive game. I don't know if they will continue to publish them, and I don't know how willing inSomniac will be to let Ubisoft or Activision publish them after EA changed their bomba game so much from their own vision. I could see them running to Sony and accepting their demands to own the IP.

Resistance just doesn't make sense. They did worse with each installment. Make a new IP please.

gcubed

Every time i see Resistance in the gaming forum it makes me shed a tear for the series. God R:FoM was soo good.

cchum

Resistance to the last guardian moto.

i'm game for another one

Cambridge has this or kill zone? Both are million sellers.

Top Bottom