• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony GDC 2010 Press Conference (PS Move, PSWii Sports, PSWii Boxing, PSWii Party)

Raist

Banned
Hiltz said:
Sony, you're lacking something called ORIGINALITY.

Everything it just showed off at GDC can be done with Natal (which at least can do some unique things) while the actual motion control is basically the same thing that the Wii can do whether its with the standard controls or MotionPlus.

It hurts to watch Sony pretend to be something its not and think that it is providing a superior project when compared to Nintendo and Micosoft's efforts. So far ,the tech demos have failed to impress me... and what's with all of the pre-alpha footage ? Lame.

So basically Sony can do both what MS and Ninty are doing? That's basically a win.
Not to mention that the combination of the two brings additional features.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm really surprised there's no motion in the nunchuk.

I mean, it's not a huge deal because throwing grenades is dumb, but strange that it isn't there.

V_Ben

Banned
Shadow780 said:
Slider — Kung-fu action – on an office chair!?!

4422301915_6ac06ba6dd.jpg

teh hell :lol

looks like INCREDIBLE CRISIS.

this is a good thing.

Plinko said:
The problem, though, is that you make a blanket generalization that "Wii fanboys" are the ones who think this thing looks bad. There have been several people in this thread who seem to be Sony fans that feel the same.

Dude! I never said that "Wii fanboys" are the ones who think this thing looks bad. I was quoting a dude who said alot of Wii owners are insecure right now. Don't direct shit at me when I was just agreeing with him. I was commenting on the comments over at Gamespot and UStream where people were giving thumbs up to every "WII RULES!" comment and thumbs down to "SOCOM ACTUALLY LOOKS FUN!" comment.

Again, the whole world revolves around you and anything and everything said will reflect towards you. Stop being so defensive about someone's opinion... ;)

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
chubigans said:
Oh boy, I was waiting for a comment like this. Now this thread can really take off. :D
The debate should begin and end with market viability of peripherals that don't come standard with a system.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Y2Kev said:
I'm really surprised there's no motion in the nunchuk.

I mean, it's not a huge deal because throwing grenades is dumb, but strange that it isn't there.

Yeah. Hopefully that this is dirty cheap as a consequence cos apparently wont be coming with the basic bundles as far as I understand.

Waaaaaay back after the Wii was announced I remember talking about how it was only a matter of time before Sony co-opted the Wiimote interface, and there were a lot of people who treated the idea mockingly. Never underestimate Sony's ability to pooh-pooh Nintendo's innovations then turn around and shameless imitate them.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Hiltz said:
Sony, you're lacking something called ORIGINALITY.

Everything it just showed off at GDC can be done with Natal (which at least can do some unique things) while the actual motion control is basically the same thing that the Wii can do whether its with the standard controls or MotionPlus.

I doubt Natal will be as precise as this...

You're missing the point though, it's the combination of things that's unique. A Wii doesn't have a camera, Natal doesn't have a controller with such precision.

Some of the software is absolutely derivative - shocking! - but the tech is, in combination, a different set of tools than is available elsewhere.

Koren

chubigans said:
...except the sphere needs to be exposed at all times, so any attachments to this thing won't work at all.
You could still expose sphere using a shell, but believe me, it's not needed to expose it for all kind of games.

Especially for rail shooters, you don't need the camera/sphere.

spwolf

Majine said:
Say what you want about originality, but playing FPS with this in your hands could potentially be handsex.

fps... and rts... and fighting games... and sports games...

.... all i am concerned with is cost... but then again, it is not like full bundle for Wii controller isnt almost $70, without camera and wireless sub controller.

seems like a sure thing that DS3 will be able to do whatever wireless subcontroler does. Chubigans wins this one ;-)

Hiltz

Raist said:
So basically Sony can do both what MS and Ninty are doing? That's basically a win.
Not to mention that the combination of the two brings additional features.

The problem is that from what we've seen, Sony's just made a motion control device that doesn't do anything new that we haven't seen before. Sony's strategy is now officially shameless and transparent.

Man

The PS Move is pregnant with tech:

- terrestrial magnetic field sensor
- three-axis gyroscope
- three-axis accelerometer
- RGB Sphere (that PS Eye camera reads @ 60-120hz)
- rechargeable Li-ion battery

Gomu Gomu

Majine said:
Say what you want about originality, but playing FPS with this in your hands could potentially be handsex.
Not really.

qwerty2k said:
why do people bum microsoft's natal when they've shown nothing tangible of the device working in a proper game?

Oh their time shall become. Fuck all motion controllers. I hope they die as fast as they were born.

MYE

templeusox said:
So basically Sony shamelessly now has Wii support for their system. Smart move, I guess. It's a nice selling point for families looking to upgrade to HD entertainment. I just hope I never have to hear about it again.

Jesus, some of you guys act like kids :lol

boiled goose

good with gravy
Does the move chuck not have motion/tilt sensing?

No wriststrap on it.

Sony developed this wiimote knock off, I would expect it to be better in every single way.

Wireless chuck-----Check
More face buttons Check
Rechargeable Check
Rumble in wand ?
Rumble in Chuck ?
Better or equal pointer ?
Motion/tilt in chuck ?

nice, but unnecessary Extras
Speaker ?
Microphone ?

What else would make it an improvement over the wiimote?

Edit:

Triggers on Chuck = good
Triggers on Wand?

Neither the wand nor the chuck look ergonomic. Any impressions on comfort?

ChuBoi

Banned
Shadow780 said:
Slider — Kung-fu action – on an office chair!?!

4422301915_6ac06ba6dd.jpg

teh hell :lol

ok now WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T THEY DEMO THIS? this looks rad as fuck! during one of the montages that chair guy did a sweet ass 50-50 grind on a rail :lol

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Waaaaaay back after the Wii was announced I remember talking about how it was only a matter of time before Sony co-opted the Wiimote interface, and there were a lot of people who treated the idea mockingly. Never underestimate Sony's ability to pooh-pooh Nintendo's innovations then turn around and shameless imitate them.
This pic showed up just hours after the original Wii remote reveal and has stayed popular ever since.

2rc5r81.jpg

Jesus Christ Nintendo fans, get over it. You act like they stole something from you. Instead of listening to them whine can we talk about the fact that Sony is focusing so many resources on this casual crap?

yurinka

Marty Chinn said:
Third Party Developers and Publishers Supporting PlayStation®Move platform

Company Name (in alphabetical order, as of March 10, 2010)

505 Games U.S.
Activision Publishing, Inc.
AQ INTERACTIVE Inc.
ARC SYSTEMS WORK CO.,LTD
ATLUS Co., LTD.
Bigben Interactive
CAPCOM CO., LTD.
CCP
Crave Entertainment
CYBERFRONT Corporation
Disney Interactive Studios
Electronic Arts Inc.
FromSoftware, Inc.
Game Republic, Inc.
GUST CO., LTD.
HUDSON SOFT CO., LTD
IREM SOFTWARE ENGINEERING INC.
Koei Co., Ltd.
Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.
Majesco Entertainment
Marvelous Entertainment Inc.
NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc.
ONGAKUKAN Co., Ltd.
Oxygen Games
PAON CORPORATION
Q Entertainment Inc.
Q-GAMES, LTD.
SEGA CORPORATION
Sony Online Entertainment
Spike Co., Ltd.
SQUARE ENIX GROUP
TECMO, LTD.
THQ Inc.
UBISOFT®
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Zoo Entertainment, Inc.
Any 3rd party publisher is missing here?

chubigans said:
Oh boy, I was waiting for a comment like this. Now this thread can really take off. :D

c'mon what did you expect? MS and Nintendo fans are not going to sit by and watch the proceedings without commenting now would they? :lol

Hiltz said:
The problem is that from what we've seen, Sony's just made a motion control device that doesn't do anything new that we haven't seen before. It's just a copycat. Sony's shameless.

It uses PSEye.

+1 for more interactive games.
-1 for you and your fanboyism.

Top Bottom