• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is Building a Hostage Crisis!!!!! (List of Games to Kickstarter)

if there is a thread feel free to lock

from the Yoshida interview

In an interview with Engadget, Sony's Shuhei Yoshida discussed how the announcement of Shenmue 3 and its Kickstarter came to take place at Sony's E3 press conference. Shenmue creator Yu Suzuki managed to convince SEGA to allow the project to be Kickstarted. Because Sony liked the project, their third-party relations team made the deal to launch the Kickstarter at the conference. Engadget then asked if there are any more cult titles Sony plans to help with crowdfunding. A PR representative responded, saying that "they're building a list."

Are there other beloved cult titles we can expect to see Sony boost in terms of crowdfunding?

I don't know. Gio Corsi [director of third-party production and developer relations] is the guy working on that.

(Sony PlayStation PR: They're building a list.)

source

thuway

Honestly this is a very slippery slope to go down. Shenmue 3 is one thing, but I hope we don't see the random IPs that probably could be financially viable on their own accord kickstarted because- "Why not?"

Anyway, Kojima "will" be a free agent sooner or later, looks like his project is about to get Kickstarted into the sun.

I feel this sort of contradicts the intent of independent creation that crowdfunded projects are typically based on, but fundamentally it's still a form of angel investing, and there's already precedence of corporate-backed crowdfunding. (Just look at Square's own indie initiative).

So what the heck, at least we can get some more games out of this. SUIKODEN REBOOT COME ON!

El_Chino

Honestly this is a very slippery slope to go down. Shenmue 3 is one thing, but I hope we don't see the random IPs that probably could be financially viable on their own accord kickstarted because- "Why not?"

Anyway, Kojima "will" be a free agent sooner or later, looks like his project is about to get Kickstarted into the sun.
Agreed.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

What is the issue? Who cares where the money comes from.

What is the difference if Joe Gamer is a funding or 7-11 Corporation is?

If it means more great games we all want, then bring it on!

Grimløck;168780468 said:
kickstart some salt silos while you're at it

Brilliant!

I love it. Let's just kickstart everything.

Silent Hill
Contra
Suikoden
Wild Arms
The Legend of Dragoon
Th Legend of Legaia

Kickstart all over my face!!

And now that I'm an adult making good money I can support this shit.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
The Ultimate Fate of Kickstarter

Well, there it is.

It will/has basically become a platform for developers to audition for publishers.

Which is funny because it started out as a platform for developers to be free from publishers.

The publishers will always win.

Walpurgis

Banned
hack2.jpg

Top Bottom