• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is NOW sending out Killzone 2 Beta Codes to USA PS Underground Members

StuBurns

Banned
Private Hoffman said:
In Resistance 2....it's almost like I spawn and I instantly die...very frustrating. It also doesn't help that there's so much chaos going on in R2 that it never feels like I can really get control of an area and dominate.
Another thing I'm not digging about R2 is in COD4 you can always escape the battle if you want to, there are always areas you can run off to in order to compose yourself. In R2 there is none of that, you spawn directly into the thick of it, you might kill three or four people in a row, but it's still only like 30 seconds before you get killed.

I've pretty much given up on the R2 competitive MP, the co-op certainly has potential though. It's a shame KZ2 doesn't have co-op actually. It would lend itself to the little I've seen of the game.

Dante

stuburns said:
Another thing I'm not digging about R2 is in COD4 you can always escape the battle if you want to, there are always areas you can run off to in order to compose yourself. In R2 there is none of that, you spawn directly into the thick of it, you might kill three or four people in a row, but it's still only like 30 seconds before you get killed.

I've pretty much given up on the R2 competitive MP, the co-op certainly has potential though. It's a shame KZ2 doesn't have co-op actually. It would lend itself to the little I've seen of the game.

Are you guys commenting on the 10 player matches as well ( SF ) I can kinda see where your coming from with Orick, and Chicago, but the smaller 10 player maps are a lot less Hectic.

DrPirate

Banned
Everything was added.

Thanks guys, it beats what I had written down. I thought the game was perfect, I hadn't even looked at the clan options so I had no idea things were placed inconveniently. That makes me a pretty bad tester now that I think of it. Thanks for the input though.

StuBurns

Banned
Dante said:
Are you guys commenting on the 10 player matches as well ( SF ) I can kinda see where your coming from with Orick, and Chicago, but the smaller 10 player maps are a lot less Hectic.
I can't speak for Private Hoffman, but I found the smaller MP games were just as bad. My issue with it is just how long it takes to kill someone, it's just too short. You kill/die too fast.

I know it's probably more realistic, but you should balance realism with fun. In a encounter in COD4, you probably have 2 seconds to live when someone is shooting (unless it's a sniper or a knife kill), which to me is sort of the perfect amount. It's about a forth of that in R2. And it feels cheap. I don't feel good killing 4 or 5 people in a row in R2 because it just feels like it's chance, whoever shoots first wins. So to be doing well you just don't get attacked by people. In COD4 (which I'm really bad at) when I get a 6 or 7 kill row I feel really great about it, like I've done something challenging and feel rewarded.

Hm, I still haven't received this survey and I'm a legitimate beta tester. I guess it'll show up eventually.

Private Hoffman said:
Yeah, it's very polished. It seems like GG could have probably had it out this fall no problem based on the beta.

Well, Sony did say they only delayed it to make more room for Resistance and Socom, and that it could've been out by this holiday season if that's what they wanted.

This game will be so damn polished by release. :D

Foil

Who's in charge of the GAF clan for Killzone 2? I keep running into some of you guys online. I need in!

JB1981

Didn't even know there was one.

I was reading the comments about spawn points in R2 and it got me thinking how brilliantly designed the 3 multiplayer maps in the KZ 2 beta are. They are seriously some of the best maps I've ever played.

So many people offering R2 beta codes. It's pointless, because 1. you can get an R2 code just by pre-ordering at GameStop, and 2. the game comes out in only a week and a half! Nobody's going to trade this awesomeness for that.

Foil

so_awes said:
any pics from this beta??

Probably some floating around. We're not allowed to post impressions, pictures, or videos from the beta unless we want to get our PSN accounts nuked, lose beta access, and likely never get into a closed beta test again.

n1n9tean

Banned
Not since MANHUNT have I been so impressed by the mood of the atmosphere in a game (and this tops it by FAR). By the way, that multiplayer map looks outstanding. Just the whole scope of the thing.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
~Kinggi~ said:
If killzone 2 can solve the problem of having shit AI, this is a real contender.
That's multiplayer video, thus all the shitty AI in it would be from human players involved :p

I'm more worried that the game still seems to exhibit the problem of 'belated death'. You can see it especially easy with the sniper, as with that weapon, one shot = death. Except here, it takes approx one second after everyone has been shot for their death animation to kick in. It's pretty aggravating, as once you notice this you can't stop seeing it everywhere. And with sniper it may even lead you to unload another shot, wasting your limited ammo, while you've actually already made a kill.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Marconelly said:
That's multiplayer video, thus all the shitty AI in it would be from human players involved :p

I'm more worried that the game still seems to exhibit the problem of 'belated death'. You can see it especially easy with the sniper, as with that weapon, one shot = death. Except here, it takes approx one second after everyone has been shot for their death animation to kick in. It's pretty aggravating, as once you notice this you can't stop seeing it everywhere. And with sniper it may even lead you to unload another shot, wasting your limited ammo, while you've actually already made a kill.
I know it was multiplayer, i was mostly commenting on the first game and prior vids we've seen of killzone.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
makingmusic476 said:
So many people offering R2 beta codes. It's pointless, because 1. you can get an R2 code just by pre-ordering at GameStop, and 2. the game comes out in only a week and a half! Nobody's going to trade this awesomeness for that.
Plus that game looks mehhhhhhhhhhh and this game looks :O

If I don't get into this beta I will SUICIDE

StuBurns

Banned
People made some disparaging comments in regards to the AI, but they've been given a huge amount of time to tweak this.

Beta boys, KZ2 has bots in the multiplayer (every multiplayer game should), if it's not under NDA, does the Beta have them? How is the AI?

I'm guessing at the Eurogamer Expo that they'll be showing the single player campaign not the multiplayer, so I should get some hands on Tuesday, but I doubt it'll be long enough to really tell, and single player 'corridor' shooters can get away with lesser AI.

J-Rzez

Kyoufu said:
FPS of the generation, imo.

I think it's pretty early to say that, though it does have some of the most incredible visuals and audio on it's side so far. And, people seem to be loving the MP. I hope it does turn out to be the new measuring stick of FPS though.

btkadams

i want to play this one, ive been waiting years for this and i really want guerilla to prove something to me. damn betas...

I hate seeing people on my friends list playing this. If I wasn't enjoying LBP so much right now, I would constantly send them angry letters about my hate for their luck.

Raistlin

stuburns said:
Holy fuck the lighting is unbelievable.

Differed rendering ftw.

ice cream said:

Not sure what's so funny. From what I've seen so far, that wouldn't be a stretch. Gameplay wise, amongst the top games. Graphics wise, I don't even know how to respond at this point.

Top Bottom