• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony needs to release some info if PS4 racing wheels will be compatible with PS5

Klik

Microsoft/Xbox already released info that thrustmaster, logitech and fanatec XboxOne wheels will be compatible with Series X.

Sony still didn't do that.And it's about 4 months till Gran Turismo 7 arrives.

I really wanna get some decent wheel(leaning towards Fanatec CSL elite) but i don't wanna buy it just to see PS5 won't support it. Just like PS4 didn't support logitech G27 wheel.

Really regret buying a G29 for PS4 over Xbox One equivalent, considering the abysmal first party output for racers (DRM Sport & Driveclub for 7 years).

At least a simple confirmation that it will or won't work with PS5 is not so much to ask.

Considering the fact that online DRM is still not ruled out in Gran Turismo 7 (ironic it's not an issue with all the Forza's released this gen) is one of MANY reasons I won't be buying a PS5.

Sorry to hijack your thread OP with my rant.

Last edited:

Zero7

I spent £150 on a Thrustmaster T150 last year. It's compatible with PS3 and 4. It better work with PS5

Other that GT7, have any other racers been confirmed for PS5?

It should. If it doesn't it's artificially being held back so it forces people to buy again. Don't stand for that bullshit.

yurinka

Same goes with arcade sticks. In the fighting game community many people makes custom arcade sticks, many times using a Brook PCB compatible with PS4. These arcade stick end being expensive, so it would be awesome if they would be compatible with PS5 to play both PS4 and PS5 games.

This is exactly why I invested in the wheel setup for Xbox one instead of PS4. The forward compatibility along with steady releases of Forza sold it.

BTW, the wheel stand pro is a fantastic mount.

I dropped around 1000€ on the TGT, TH8A, T3PA Pro and a Next Level Wheel Stand just for GT Sport. I wanted to upgrade the pedals to the new TLCM, but I've been holding off since there is no word about compatibility. I'm optimistic though.

Klik

I spent £150 on a Thrustmaster T150 last year. It's compatible with PS3 and 4. It better work with PS5

Other that GT7, have any other racers been confirmed for PS5?
Well i hope Assetto Corsa Competizione gets updated to 60fps higher res on next gen hardware. Its actually great that we have proper real sim racing game on console.

And then we'll also have Project Cars 3

Last edited:

Klik

I dropped around 1000€ on the TGT, TH8A, T3PA Pro and a Next Level Wheel Stand just for GT Sport. I wanted to upgrade the pedals to the new TLCM, but I've been holding off since there is no word about compatibility. I'm optimistic though.
What did you use before that, controller or?

What did you use before that, controller or?
I had a G27 I’ve bought for PC, however I haven’t played racing sims on PC for ages. So I needed an upgrade and GT Sport was the Perfect excuse... and now I can’t get into any other racing game, so it would suck if the wheel isn’t compatible with PS5. Lol

cormack12

Gold Member
How do you guys mount your wheels? I got into GT:S loads this gen and am considering one for the next generation. Just don't want to have to play it resting on my kneed and everyone seems to have built these custom things. Do you also use pedals and is the turning rate quicker than on the d-Pad/Stick

Klik

I had a G27 I’ve bought for PC, however I haven’t played racing sims on PC for ages. So I needed an upgrade and GT Sport was the Perfect excuse... and now I can’t get into any other racing game, so it would suck if the wheel isn’t compatible with PS5. Lol
Is there a big difference between g27(which is similiar to g29) and TGT?

How do you guys mount your wheels? I got into GT:S loads this gen and am considering one for the next generation. Just don't want to have to play it resting on my kneed and everyone seems to have built these custom things. Do you also use pedals and is the turning rate quicker than on the d-Pad/Stick
If you don’t want to use a desk (or you can’t) you typically mount it with a wheel stand, one you can easily put away. I have a next level wheel stand, it's pricier than others but it was worth it to me.
It really depends on your wheel, though, the TGT I have has very strong FFB and a flimsy wheel stand just wouldn't cut it. I also needed a wheel stand with a good shifter position. You also can't use a FFB wheel on your knees.

You obviously use pedals, an H-Gate shifter for manual is optional (not all cars in GT Sport have a working clutch anyways) and is pretty much never included when you buy a wheel.

And no, turning rate is not quicker, it can't beat moving an analog stick from left to right. The point is that you have much more control with, especially when it's a force feedback wheel.
Is there a big difference between g27(which is similiar to g29) and TGT?
Yes. The biggest issue of the G27/G29 is its old technology, normally I would've bought the G29, but once I saw that it still uses helical gears instead of brushless motors, I looked somewhere else.

While it's been a few years since I have used the G27, the TGT feels much heavier. The FFB is much stronger and a lot smoother than the FFB I remember from the G27, I also don't remember getting this much other feedback (vibrations when on curbs, or the bumps on Tokyo Highway, as well as break, understeer and oversteer feedback). I mean it was there, kind of, but not to this extent. I guess a lot of this has to do with the integrated subwoofer that only works with GTS.

I think the TGT has been an awesome investment so far and was totally worth it for GTS... but it was pricey, so it better be compatible with GT7 on PS5.

The Fartist

Gold Member
I thought its gonna release as a launch PS5 game..
FlimsyInfiniteFinwhale-max-1mb.gif

Klik

If you don’t want to use a desk (or you can’t) you typically mount it with a wheel stand, one you can easily put away. I have a next level wheel stand, it's pricier than others but it was worth it to me.
It really depends on your wheel, though, the TGT I have has very strong FFB and a flimsy wheel stand just wouldn't cut it. I also needed a wheel stand with a good shifter position. You also can't use a FFB wheel on your knees.

You obviously use pedals, an H-Gate shifter for manual is optional (not all cars in GT Sport have a working clutch anyways) and is pretty much never included when you buy a wheel.

And no, turning rate is not quicker, it can't beat moving an analog stick from left to right. The point is that you have much more control with, especially when it's a force feedback wheel.

Yes. The biggest issue of the G27/G29 is its old technology, normally I would've bought the G29, but once I saw that it still uses helical gears instead of brushless motors, I looked somewhere else.

While it's been a few years since I have used the G27, the TGT feels much heavier. The FFB is much stronger and a lot smoother than the FFB I remember from the G27, I also don't remember getting this much other feedback (vibrations when on curbs, or the bumps on Tokyo Highway, as well as break, understeer and oversteer feedback). I mean it was there, kind of, but not to this extent. I guess a lot of this has to do with the integrated subwoofer that only works with GTS.

I think the TGT has been an awesome investment so far and was totally worth it for GTS... but it was pricey, so it better be compatible with GT7 on PS5.
Yeah TGT is crazy expensive considering it comes with normal t3pa pedals. Seeing that, for same price i could get fanatec csl+loadcell pedals. But maybe i'm lucky and TGT price will reduce until GT7 comes..

henrik356

Neo Member
Officially licensed products by sony will be compatible! Source: "Specialty peripherals, such as officially licensed racing wheels, arcade sticks will work with PS5 games and supported PS4 games."

Top Bottom